HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My analysis
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My analysis
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 17, 2009 07:06PM

Pat White looked great! Turner, and armstrong, and williams, looked bad. Ginn looked solid! Hartline looked solid, SEAN SMITH IS A BEAST, cant say the same for Vontae, i knew i had a feeling about him! Henne did a decent job, ricky did ok, our offensive line was still not where we want them to be interms of running game, but gave pretty solid pass prtection! Both kickers did ok, even though Carpenter muffed a extra point in the mudd. Williams did a great job kick and punt reurning, even though he fumbled once, and almost got a saftey! Pennington still lacked some arm strength, but looked pretty solid. JT looked phenominal, with a sack FF, Porter got cred with half a sack. Cameron wake almost had a sack! JD, Folsom with a solid INT. Our red zone is horrible, and needs alot of work, same with our kickoff coverage. Still cant get the 5.0 average running the ball, but firstgame of preseason. Not as many penalties as i though, but sill had too many.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My analysis
Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: August 17, 2009 07:25PM

Pat White looked great? What were you watching? He was in against players that won't be playing in the NFL this year. Relax, he's not the man!

You have a feeling about Vontae? And after 1 pre-season game you think your right about that? Come on man, let's wait for time to go by before we start judging the rookies.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 18, 2009 12:23AM

Ted Ginn was the most impressive thing of last night. Made some nice catches. Drew a pass interferences.

Thats about all I got out of last nights game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 18, 2009 01:54AM

Ricky Williams ran like a beast too.

Posted by: greg woulf ()
Date: August 18, 2009 02:10AM

I thought Pat White looked good too. The numbers look awful, but at least 3 of those 5 misses should have been caught, and I think the interception should have been too. The WR just weren't ready for the velocity he put on the ball. He moved very well and didn't panic in the pocket at least.

I would have said Ricky and Ginn impressed me the most. If Chad had an arm to go with the great touch and accuracy Ginn would be crushing this year.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 18, 2009 03:07AM

Vontae Davis....yeeesh! Last night was rough for him. He didn't really do anything well. Boneheaded penalties, he consistently got beat (though mostly from over-pursuing) and well, you saw him. In 3 quarters of football I saw Gibril Wilson, Phillip Merling, and Reggie Torbor all yell at him for stupid mistakes. Hopefully last night was a learning experience for him.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 18, 2009 04:23AM

Pat White looked ok but certainly not great.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 05:44AM by eesti.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: August 18, 2009 04:32AM

Davis better grow up quick that interference call on the kick off was just plIn stupid! It was nice to see the older players put him in check. I heard he was very cockie, he better wake up quick. Smith should turn out solid once he becomes comfortable, he kind looked a little confused but held his own. One more thing Oline looked good on pass protection.

Defense looked pretty good JT and JP on opposite side wow oh and Wake did get a sack. A lot of wrinkles but over all looking decent.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 18, 2009 05:13AM

The timing between Pennington & Ginn is much improved. As soon as Ginn turned on that middle route the ball was on top of him. Ginn's biggest play was drawing that interferance call in getting in perfect position. If Pennington would have put more on that pass, it would have went to the house.

There were a couple of excellent blitz pickups in protection for the QB. Seemed to have enough of a pocket for the QB to deliver the ball on time.

Pat White seemed more accurate than the previous camp reports. Obviously, he needs to learn to slide when taking off to run.

Lex Hilliard hit the hole quickly with some nice runs. He has definitely improved.

Donald Thomas looks strong. He drops his anchor well...even though he wasn't going against the starters.

Wilford has new life at the H-back position. I'm pulling for him to make the team.

Ricky looked good...but did drop that nicely placed TD pass.

Vontae Davis had a good learning experience. This is definitely the time to make mistakes and learn from them. He needs to play smarter. This coaching staff will do everything they can to make that happen.

Jason Allen looked good...in position w/ excellent play at the goal-line to breakup a TD pass.

Bess started out slow w/ a dropped pass...but, he is clearly a goto target for Pennington.

Need to see more of Hartline and Turner. They look solid so far.

Cameron Wake brought some nice pressure of the end...a touch earlier and he would have created a fumble/sack.

JT looks bigger than his normal 240 lb self. That Defensive front is going to bring some pressure.

Sean Smith has excellent hands...the INT was textbook.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 18, 2009 07:04AM

Date: August 18, 2009 07:21AM

He looked very poised in the pocket, ran well, made nice throws, to bad that the wr's dropped alot of his pass's. He looked alot better than i think we expected to see this early on!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 18, 2009 08:32AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> VictoryThunderStunnerGogan is either Pat White,
> Pat White's mother, or a Pat White stalker.

LOL.................Or any other of pat whites family members.

Date: August 18, 2009 08:40AM

IM ALL OF EM, I AM THE DOLPHINS!!!! PAT WHITE THROWS TO PAT WHITE TOUCHDOWN PAT WHITE!!!! THE EXTRA POINT IS GOOD BY PAT WHITE!!! WHAT A KICK BY PAT WHITE, OH MAN NICE TACKLE BY PAT WHITE! THE DEFENSE IS BLITZING PAT WHITE OFF BOTH EDGES!!! lol

Posted by: RW13 ()
Date: August 18, 2009 05:05PM

His poise was average at best. He ook off running on one play after taking a glance at just 1 WR. He needs to learn patience. I'm sure he will be just fine.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 18, 2009 05:53PM

RW13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> His poise was average at best. He ook off running
> on one play after taking a glance at just 1 WR. He
> needs to learn patience. I'm sure he will be just
> fine.

He gained a bunch of yards, though. That's his game. I'm sure he has a green light to run if he thinks he can gain decent yards. We had a very balanced offense last night: 136 yards passing, 118 yards rushing.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 18, 2009 06:07PM

I hope they use him in the Wildcat and don't change things up too much with him just running the spread. I either want to see him in motion or QB'ing or both.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 22, 2009 07:56AM

Didn't it seem like Pat White was throwing the ball too hard? I mean, in the rain and everything, several passes were on mark but how about a little touch on the ball? And Patrick Turner is not one to drop a ball, he has sure hands, but I think when it arrives that hard there's a risk it will pop right off. Marino was notorious for throwing a hard ball and his receivers had to adjust...but he was MARINO, he was a great QB, he's not Pat White.

Date: August 22, 2009 08:49AM

Sam what do you want, a reason to hate the man, because you dont agree with the pick? YEAH we get it he isnt DAN MARINO, AND WE DIDNT DRAFT HIM TO BE HIM! If our WR'S cant catch a pass because it is to hard? That takes the cake of being realy stupid. They are professionals, who's sole job is to catch the ball. Too fast? Everyone complains about Penningtons lobby pass's, yet Pat Whites looked firm and got there with some zip, and our wr's dropped them, and you blame White? Good god.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 09:04AM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2009 09:17AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.