HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          09 Relapse teams....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
09 Relapse teams....
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:40AM

last year Miami, Atlanta and Baltimore were supposed to be bad teams while SD, NO and Jax were supposed to be playoff teams.

It turned out quite the opposite.

Who will be the bottom 5 teams in the NFL?

Who are overrated teams that the media is picking as playoff teams?

Who will the surprise or rebound teams be?

Bottom 5...

28 Denver
29 Cleveland
30 Detroit
31 Oakland
32 Tampa Bay

overrated...

Buffalo
NE
Dallas
Minnesota
Atlanta

Surprise teams...

Miami because the will be much better than 7-9 as predicted.
KC because they have a good GM and a good mix of vets and young players and talent.

Rebound...

Jax
Cin

Most improved...

Philly

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 07:43AM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 09 Relapse teams....
Date: August 12, 2009 07:56AM

Jason Peters: It's night and day. In Buffalo, not having a chance to get in the playoffs was pretty rough. You might get off to a strong start, but then you lose four or five in a row and you're out of it. And then I was trying to get a contract done. If you're human, that's going to affect you. Sometimes I'd be thinking about it too much. Now, I've got a chance to go to the Super Bowl. The work ethic is stronger here. There's a lot more running and conditioning. That first minicamp was a wakeup call for me. I think we ran something like 16 100-yard sprints. We didn't do that in Buffalo.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: dielan ()
Date: August 12, 2009 08:35AM

how can you say atlanta is overrated...the whole media is saying we're gonna bust and go back to a .500 record or worse

So you can't have Atlanta in overrated

Same with Buffalo, no ones saying their going to do anything, don't know where you got that from. All they did was get some T.O hype, nothing about their future success though.

Miami can't be a surprise since they surprised last year...teams are going to treat them like an 11-5 team that went to the playoffs, the same goes for the falcons.

My surprise team will be Houston, young defense and a pretty nice offense...they're going to surprise a lot of people

your bottom five looks about right though

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 12, 2009 02:13PM

I don't see Detroit rebounding much. They'll win some, but they'll still be at the bottom of their division. I think San Fran will have a good year, though.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 12, 2009 04:58PM

Good list. Atlanta, I think, is borderline overrated and I would replace them with Washington. I really don' think they'll do good this season. They're O-line has too many problems and I think I heard Randy Thomas is injured.

I really don't think KC will succeed. They traded for a system quarterback and transitioned to the 3 - 4 yet two of their most prominent defensive players (ali and Dorsey) do not fit that scheme. I do like Bowe's potential fantasy wise though with Haley as coach.

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:00PM

the chiefs will rebound if the o-line holds up as they have a QB now....

Dallas, MN, Pittsburg will falter..... NE might get 11 wins again, Pitt won't be so hot because they are getting OLD fast

Baltimore wins the AFC North

Date: August 12, 2009 08:12PM

dielan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> how can you say atlanta is overrated...the whole
> media is saying we're gonna bust and go back to a
> .500 record or worse
>
> So you can't have Atlanta in overrated
>

ESPN has Atlanta ranked 8th, Dolphins 15th.

Walter Football has Atlanta ranked 8th, Dolphins 17th.

CNNSI has Atlanta ranked 11th, Dolphins 17th.

CBS has Atlanta ranked 7th, Dolphins 20th.

> Same with Buffalo, no ones saying their going to
> do anything, don't know where you got that from.
> All they did was get some T.O hype, nothing about
> their future success though.

That was based on the articles I've read saying how Buffalo just became a contender because of T.O. paired with Evans.

> Miami can't be a surprise since they surprised
> last year...teams are going to treat them like an
> 11-5 team that went to the playoffs, the same goes
> for the falcons.

If everyone is saying Miami is going to regress because of the toughest schedule in the league and miss the playoffs and go 7-9 or 8-8 and they win the division and make the playoffs, then yes that will be a surprise. I am betting on 11 or 12 wins so that will surprise many people.

> My surprise team will be Houston, young defense
> and a pretty nice offense...they're going to
> surprise a lot of people

Houston has been supposed to break out for about 5 years now and always underachieves. Their QB can't stay on the field and their 22nd ranked defense just lost their number one pick (Cushing) indefinitely and the number 2 (Barwin) is playing LE at 255 lbs and is very raw. They also just lost their starting DT on PUP and a CB. They reached on their LT last year (Duane Brown) and they gave up 32 sacks. I agree they seem primed to make the jump because of a potent offense but it all depends if Schaub can play 16 games.
>
> your bottom five looks about right though

The reason for my choosing of KC is that there are a few coaches in the league that understand the "blueprint for rebuilding a struggling team. Bill Parcels, Brian Belichic, Bill Polian and Scott Pioli are some of the best.

You start with the lineman and QB and fill in the gaps to oversimplify things.

I don't think you can tribute Cassel's success solely to being in a system. To come in the league and put up the kind of numbers he did in 08 after not playing QB since high school is nothing short of remarkable. It didn't hurt to have WR's like Moss and Welker but he still put up over 3600 yards and had 21 Td and 11 int's.

He has talented young WR's in Bowe and Copper to go with some experienced vets like Toomer and Engram. Letting Gonzo go was a mistake.

I really like the LB'er crew. Same deal here...young guys with talent to mix with savvy vets. Tamba Hali, Zach Thomas, Derrick Johnson and Mike Vrabel will get it done but they still need a better pass rusher. Tyson Jackson to me was a reach at 3 but he is still talented and could end up being another Richard Seymour. They also have up and coming CB's in Flowers and Carr.

They still have some holes but I am thinking they will get 8 wins this year even with a tough schedule. They had 2 wins last year but were in many close games and lost by a TD in about 8 games.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 12, 2009 08:21PM

WOW you give Jax alot of cred lol, Philly is the most overated team in the league, so is Sea, and Was. The Worst teams will be, JAX,OAK,TAMPA,CIN,WAS,JETS,PHI,DEN,MIN, why Min? NO QB!!! Best teams, Pats,Pits,Mia,Colts,Texans,DAL,NYG,ARI,CHI"SD, because of weak div".

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 12, 2009 08:53PM

Essti,

You are a sane, sane man.

Date: August 13, 2009 12:11PM

KC's defense is gonna be horrible. You can't just put 4 - 3 lineman in a 3 - 4 scheme. Do you think Jared Allen would succeed in a 3 - 4? Do you think Tommie Harris would be a good nose tackle in a 3 - 4? No and no and these guys are elite. How do you expect Dorsey and Hali to succeed?

How can you say that PHI will be one of the worst teams? They're superbowl contenders! Do you watch any NFL Network, ESPN or any football show? They all expect PHI to go deep into the playoffs.

Minnesota didn't have a QB last year and they made the playoffs, so why wouldn't they this year. They still have the best running back in the league and with a healthy Henderson at linebacker, their defense will dominant.

How can you say Copper is talented. This is the first time I hear of him.

The Texans will explode this year. You say that their defense is affected by the loss of someone that has yet to play on the team. That's ridiculous. Losing him doesn't make them worse, it just doesn't make them better. You also fail to mention the addition of Antonio Smith opposite of Mario Williams.

Date: August 13, 2009 12:26PM

LOl the Bears got the more complete team, not the Vikes! The Eagles play in a tuff division, which they are picked EVERY YEAR FOR A DECADE to b superbowl contenders! Good god man! Yes Texans will break out this year.

Date: August 13, 2009 12:29PM

The 4 most overated teams after 03, is SD,PHI,DAL,SEA. Its like every year, blah blah SD should dominate, BLAH BLAH, Dal should if this and that. Blah blah Mcnabb is so great with Westbrook, that they have to win it all? Sea has the talent if they can remain healthy. All im hearing is the same excuses year end, and year out. Bottom line all 4 of thoughs teams NEVER win it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/13/2009 12:30PM by MiamiThunder.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 14, 2009 06:28AM

Date: August 14, 2009 07:05AM

Hmm, Dallas NEVER wins it? Where you born after the 90's?

Date: August 14, 2009 07:15AM

I SAID AFTER 03, but dallas hasnt won it since what 97 98?

Date: August 14, 2009 07:25AM

Dallas has a solid offense, and a weakend defense, resulting in a winning year, but will not make to big dance. Philly has alot of injuries, and rely way to much on Brian Westbrook to win it for em, basicaly the offense doesnt have the luster to win the big dance, to many little play action and screens to be overwhelming. San Diego has a average defense with one solid pass rusher, a franchise qb, a franchise RB who is always injured, no wr who has yet to live up to there name, and the second best TE in the game, and a solid kicker, bottom line wont get it done this year for lack at depth at there most important spots. The Patriots, Dolphans, GIANTS, PITTSBURG, Arizona,and Philly, have to me the best chance to win it all. Followed by Dallas, Chicago, Baltimore, Greenbay,New Orleans, Houston, Carolina, and Tennessee, and SanDeigo.The rest of the teams not mentiond prob wont make playoffs and if so will not win the big game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2009 07:32AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 14, 2009 07:34AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> I SAID AFTER 03, but dallas hasnt won it since
> what 97 98?

96. It was the last time they went to the SB. SD and SEA have both been to the SB since 03.

Date: August 14, 2009 08:23AM

Have they won one? Are the players that where in the superbowl still there, and how old are they? End of tunnel, with not alot of solid drafts.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 14, 2009 01:26PM

Date: August 14, 2009 05:05PM

Fine you want my perdictions, NFC. NYG,CHI,CAR,ARI. Wildcard,Dal,NO. AFC. Colts,Pits,Mia,SD, WILDCARD NE,BAL. thats my perdictions, SUPERBOWL MIAMI/NYG. Mia wins.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 15, 2009 04:57AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Fine you want my perdictions

Nobody wants your perditions....Not even your prediction.

You are full of crap

Date: August 15, 2009 12:28PM

You know Samsam i wish i could meet you. It would be a unforgettable experiance.

Date: August 17, 2009 05:52PM

Wow I wish I was here when MiamiThunder decided to check out of the mental hospital.

I tried to read what you wrote. I just couldn't. It hurts when I read what you write. You just makes no sense and you never have any data to back up what you say.

Thank God for people like Panteraize and SamSam to put you in your place.

Date: August 17, 2009 06:54PM

Well B more i live about a hour west of you.

Date: August 18, 2009 11:32AM

Too bad I don't live in baltimore.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:37AM

Bmoretildeath Wrote:

>
> Thank God for people like Panteraize and SamSam to
> put you in your place.

Add eesti to our club!!!!smiling smiley

Date: August 19, 2009 01:40PM

...and eesti.

Date: August 19, 2009 02:29PM

Put me in my place? Seriously dude geesh lol ohhhh man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.