HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It just HIT ME right now!!!!!!!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
It just HIT ME right now!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:34AM

It just hit me. This coming monday is the first miami dolphins pre season game. GOD DAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SORRY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It seems like its been 2 years since the last playoff game against the ravens.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Offense)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

QBs

1. Chad Penninton is back and he is healthy. He should be even in better sync with the receivers the second time around.

2. Chad Henne is waiting in the wings like a wolf that hasn't eaten for days. I can't wait untill his time comes.

3. Pat White and the wild cat...........Just another wrinkle to this offense. Pat threw a couple of TDs in practice other day. If other teams know he is accurate then no 8 men close to the LOS when he is in!!!!

Sam's grade: A

RBS.

1. Ronnie Brown has slim down and he is faster than ever. Barrying injury he will have an outstanding season.

2. Ricky williams is the best backup RB of the entire NFL. ENOUGH SAID.

3. Patrick Cobbs....Many teams will love to have a 3rd string Rb like patrick cobbs.

Sam's grade A

WRs

1. Ted Ginn is running crisper routes and looking to get to the next level. Great hands....Barrying injury im looking for ted ginn to make the pro bowl this year.

2. Devon Bess will have even a better year than last. Knows how to find the opening hole. Has excellent hands.

3. Greg Camarrillo coming back from injury looking to have a solid season. He should be around 85-90 percent right about now!!!!!

The rest is an unknown.....harline, turner having the best chance of making this team with armstrong and london right behind....Arsmstrong might be the one that struggling the most.

Sam's grade B

Tends

1. Anthony Fasano.....Another year with pennington meaning only good things. He dropped a couple of passes in practice. Its only practice. He will surely turn it on when the regular season starts.

2. David Martin.......Had a terrible 2007. Came on strong in 2008. Im looking for him to have an even better 09 season. Coming back fro injury.

Sams Grade: B if fasano stays healthy.

OL

1.LT Long.........Made pro bowl last year. Will make it for the next 15 years.

2.Smilley........Comes back from injury. The OL suffered last year when he was injured. Big dropoff after him.

3.Grove........A good nasty center always take the OL play to the next level. Hopefully he can stay healthy.

4.Donald thomas..Coaches raved about this player and he was having a great pre season until injured in the game against the jets. Needs to stay healthy for the right side of the line to be successfull.

5.Carey.......Durable player. Quietly had a decent year. Glad he resigned with the team.

Sams grade C- Because they need to show they can stay healthy...The center and both guards.

FB

1. Polite showed why he is the only FB in the depth chart. Tough can run and get them 3rd and short and 4rth and short downs.

Sams grade A

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Defense)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

DEnd

1. Merling is coming along fine. He had a decent season for a rookie. Great game against the jets at the jets. Im looking for him to improve from last year especially his passrush technique.

2. Lankford......Both lankford and merling will be the cornerston of this defensive line for many years to come. Lankford had a good season as well.

Sams grade B Unexperieced bookends should be even better the second time around.

DT

1. Ferguson should bolter this DL for another couple of years. He is upthere in age but has shown he can still get the job done. We should address this position in the draft next year.

2. Soliai.........Reports are that soliai is having a decent training camp. Big strong player who needs to get to the next level.

Sam's grade B+ but could be much worse if fergie goes down with injury.

OLB....

1....Porter and taylor are both known probowlers who are up there in age. Can they give us at least a couple of more solid years???? I think they can!

2. Matt roth and cameron wake......Ross nursing that injury doesnt help his starting status. He will start the season as JTs backup which is actually AN IMPROVEMENT for this team. JT is just better than ROth.
Cameron Wake is an unknown for everyone. He might become a great player or become a bust who knows. They say he is turning it up a notch in practice.

Sams grade B+

ILB

1. Channing crowder needs to get to the next level. He ended the year with some kind of injury. He missed some tackles on that last jets game.
Although im looking for him to have a solid season.

2. Akin Ayodele is not flashy but he had a decent season last year. Not a great season but decent.

Sam's grade D this is the weakest position on this team!!winking smiley

CB

1. Will Allen is simply miami's best cover corner. ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!

2. Vontae Davis was the miami dolphins first round pick. Reports have sean smith ahead of davis in the depth chart. And reports have davis getting beat in practice by the likes of hartine??????

Can davis become the next Jason Allen????? Too early to tell smiling smiley

3.Sean Smith...Big Tall Quick....Looks impressive in camp...STAY TUNED!!!!!!

4. Eric Green....Did the dolphins waste their time and money with this player?????? He was getting manhandled in camp.....Is he the next willford but in another position?????$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Sam's grade C because Will allen is the only True CB we can count on........FOR NOW!!!!!! The others are unknown!

S

1. Yeremiah Bell barrying injury will have a breakout season and make the pro bowl. Im high on this player

2. Gibril Wilson........Is this player the real deal????? Can he cover the pass????? Is he just a run stuffer???? well see.

Sam's grade C- Because gibril wilson is an unknown to everyone!

Special teams....

Kick Return...Ted Ginn...Cobbs..Armstrong??????? Will he make the team???

Punt return...Bess

Sam's grade B-

Kicker....Carpenter A+
Punter....Fields A

Overall i see our miami dolphins having another excellent season even with a tougher schedule with a playoff berth as a wildcard.

2009 RECORD PREDICTION 11-5

GO PHINS.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 07:43AM by samsam3738.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It just HIT ME right now!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 12, 2009 06:59AM

You dont give our inner lB core enough cred. i would give it a C not a D. Our punt/kick off return is a joke, id give that a C-. our special teams, i would upgrade to a C+

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 07:00AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 12, 2009 07:01AM

The teams weakest spot is special teams, not ILB.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:14AM

You guys are so funny. Not a preseason game played and all these predictions. Anyway, fun to read. Thanks.smileys with beer

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:16AM

Ahh don't quibble, both are opportunity areas and we need to make them better.

Overall good assessement (s) - We definately have some depth issues, but at the same time are much better in dpeth than last year.

My biggest worry is at the unproven CB / secondary area. If that doesn't gel and we're at risk. If it is good, our defense is gon to make turnovers and sacks galore.

Date: August 12, 2009 07:19AM

13.3 ALL IN BALLS OUT!!!!!! WHERE GOING OUT TONIGHT! TO KICK DOWN EVERY LIGHT, TAKE ANYTHING WE WANT, TAKE ANYTHING IN SIGHT!! WE WONT STOP WINNING TILL THE REFS BLOW THE WISTLE IN TOWN!!!

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 12, 2009 07:22AM

ILB is fine and definitely not below average. C+

Eric Green was signed for backup or 3rd CB money. As a 3rd, he will be fine and has more potential than Goodman because of better speed.

Our ST's imroved toward the end of the year in 08. It should be better with players like Turner, Hartline, Walden, Clemons & Wake. C+

Cornerbacks grade = I for incomplete

Smilly and Dontae....are these new players? smiling smiley I think you've been reading too many Thunder posts.

I wish I could watch the jax game!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 12, 2009 07:25AM

Smitty, and VONTANG!!! lol i love thoughs nick names!

Date: August 12, 2009 08:43AM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2009 04:30PM by samsam3738.

Date: August 12, 2009 10:38AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> My biggest worry is at the unproven CB / secondary
> area. If that doesn't gel and we're at risk. If
> it is good, our defense is gon to make turnovers
> and sacks galore.

Agreed. We have a couple of starters from last year who played well. Corner will allen and safety bell......Who knows how the other 2 will perform.

And with that been said we have a lot of bodies to choose from...For the other 2 spots...

Davis, smith, wilson, clemons and a whole lot of other characters. I think whoever wins the job, it will be well deserved. We'll see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.