HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Free Safety
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Free Safety
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 11, 2009 09:57AM

I know that the safety position in our scheme is almost interchangeable but does anyone know why Chris Clemons is listed as the 3rd SS and Tyrone Culver is listed as the 2nd team FS?

Could just be mixing and matching. Am I crazy or did Culver play SS last year and Clemons at FS early on right?

Interesting stats....

Gibril Wilson had 2 int's last year...one against Brett Favre and one against Matt Cassel....both AFC East.

He had 10 tackles and half a sack againsat Miami. He had 10 or more tackles in 7 games last year at SS for Oakland.

He had only 4 Pass defenses all of last year. (Bell had 10) The most he ever had was 10. The most int's he's ever had was 4.

He got beat in practise by the new kid from the CFL on his first day in camp.

He may end up being a backup SS (great insurance for Bell) with Clemons starting. We'll see how it plays out.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free Safety
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:06AM

I heard cris clemons got a couple of INTs in the scrimmage or in practice and he almost got a third one but he dropped it . They said something to the extent of he was doing really well in practice.

Its just the start of training camp. It doesnt matter where he is listed right about now. Looks like these coaches like to push players buttons to make them exell. I think its working with clemons.

Donad thomas is listed as the third string guard.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:25AM

Thomas may be listed at 3rd team but he is still at RG. Clemons is at another position.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: realist ()
Date: August 11, 2009 03:36PM

The depth chart this week is meaningless for fans.

It is being used as a carrot for some and a whip for others.

Parcells & Sparano want competition at key positions. Some guys think they have the job lined up so they drop them on the chart to see if they can give more. Other guys are busting their butts and making plays and getting rewarded, even if only temporarily.

The Depth Chart in 2 weeks will be much more significant.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 11, 2009 08:14PM

Guys the coach himself said he is mixing it up "meaning he wants to see where everyone can play at and with other people, to identify there strenghs and weakness.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.