HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Chad Henne?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Chad Henne?
Posted by: dc9den ()
Date: August 08, 2009 05:45AM

Hey Dol-fans -
What's up with Chad Henne? Reading all the TC reports (thanks, Phins.com!) and I hear mention of Pennington and White...but very little on Henne. Does the Miami front office/coaching staff feel he is not going to cut the QB mustard? I thought he looked pretty good last year in the limited pre-season action I saw.

Thanks - expecting a wild-card spot in '09...hoping for an AFC East title defense!

dc9den

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chad Henne?
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 08, 2009 12:49PM

Henne has a firm hold on the #2 QB position. He'll also be ready to come in this year if Pennington gets hurt. He'd probably start for a good number of other teams if he was there, but Pennington was the runner-up MVP last year. You don't just bench a guy like that.

As for White, it's mostly hype and potential at this point, but he's definitely exciting!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 08, 2009 12:56PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:10PM

My opinion is that Henne will once again shine in the preseason as he marches the offense down the field. Chad will not go quietly and barring injury should have a career year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 08, 2009 05:35PM

I agree about pennington playing this year. And that next year is hennes year. Penninton starts the season for sure....we owe him that...If he is injured or falters in anyway then henne comes in.

Overall the only way henne is put in is because of injury. I doubt penninton is going stink all of a sudden.

Posted by: gafinfan ()
Date: August 10, 2009 06:26AM

While I hope that Henne will turn out to be our next QB, and a great one, he has yet to prove anything. The things that were troubling to me about Henne from the start still appear to be a problem for him from the reports that I've read so far. This TC he's been sacked several many times plus its been stated he had at least one ball batted down at the line. I worry about his pocket presence and the fact that he is prone to be sacked to often. If I remember correctly he was hurt several times while at College.

Please don't take this as a hit on Henne, he's on the team, as such I'll always hope for the best outcome but he has a long way to go to beat out Penny IMHO. A strong arm is not the only requirement to be a great QB. Bob was never known for a strong arm yet he helped win two Super Bowls.thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 06:27AM by gafinfan.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 10, 2009 07:24AM

gafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A strong arm is not the only
> requirement to be a great QB. Bob was never known
> for a strong arm yet he helped win two Super
> Bowls.thumbs up

Henne has more than a strong arm. He is accurate and makes good decisions. Henne certainly isn't Marino, who would do anything possible to avoid a sack. If our O-Line solidifies, Henne may not have to worry that much about being sacked. Even the great Tom Brady gets rattled under pressure. He's no Marino either!

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 10, 2009 07:33AM

Ok STOP WITH THE wishing Henne will start. I hope we keep Pennington for another 4 years to finish out his career another successful QB for Miami, Henne would just be turning 30 or 29 when Pennington would retire. Henne can wait and just get better. Pennington is a better qb, with a slightly weaker arm. He can still throw 50 plus which is all you need. This year when we win it all, all you Henne lovers will be changing your tone, and hope we sign Penny to a 4 or 5 year deal. But please dont jump on my band wagon, unless you want to now, before all the greatness happens.

Date: August 10, 2009 07:33AM

That's why they brought Pennington in....So Henne could get more comfortable before he is thrown to the wolves.

He still moves the offense pretty well when given a chance even if he has things to work on. The sack issues will get better the more work he gets and the more he gets to know the offense.

The good part is that we don't really have to count on him yet and if the coaches feel he isn't progressing, they will resign CP before next year.

Let's wait and see how Henne does in the next 4 games. I'm sure he is going to get more playing time than last year. Last year they wanted to get Penni as much work as possible since he got here so late in 08.

Also, the coach has stated that Henne will be getting opportunities in the regular season this year as well. They want to see how he does on half time adjustments this year and will put him in the game for the start of the 3rd quarters.

I see nothing that makes me worry too much at this point. Remember his "sacks" in practice are usually with 2nd team lineman going against some pretty good 2nd team pass rushers. Wake, Walden, Anderson etc.

I never heard anything about batted balls being a problem. He is the same ht. as CP and most other NFL QB's...6'3

Even in last years preseason games where he got more than 20 snaps, he completed 65% and 80% of his passes. In the one regular season game he had 58% with no sacks or ints.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 10, 2009 12:52PM

Date: August 10, 2009 06:40PM

Posted by: gafinfan ()
Date: August 11, 2009 07:09AM

Date: August 11, 2009 07:42AM

Cooler is this statistical nuggett for all the know-it-alls that continue say Chad Henne is having a poor training camp. According to Sparano, Miami's No. 2 quarterback is completing 66 percent of his passes this training camp. Furthermore, his third-down conversion percentage is 61 percent.

Armondo-Herald

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 11, 2009 08:17AM

Sparano is working a plan, and Henne is going to be ready when he gets the right amount of time.

Best formula for a long term winner and that is what is in play. BTW Penny has some time left and there is no hurry.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 11, 2009 11:08AM

Henne a 4 year starter in college. And a couple of years to learn behind one of the most intelligents QBs in the NFL.

He should be ready when he get his chance. More than ready.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.