HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          J. D. Folsom
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
J. D. Folsom
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 08, 2009 04:39AM

I would like this player to make the team as a back up linebacker special teams contributor. He is definaterly smart based on the fact that he was admitted to vetinarian school before being drafted. I like the story and I think any time you can add a smart as well as athletic player it helps your team immensely. He wasn't even expected to get drafted I would like to see him have a good NFL career, and then become a veternarian. I think this would make for a good storyline for this season and beyond if he makes the team. I like rooting for the underdog. What are your oinions on this subject. I would like some feed back if possible.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: J. D. Folsom
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: August 08, 2009 05:40AM

With the changes in the Special Teams rules, it does allow the Phins the luxury of trying to keep a smaller skill player on the roster to fill a special teams role. I think the nod will go to keeping an extra DB or WR (Jason Allen or Brandon London type of player).

Ideally, Folsom could hide on the practice squad for a year and get bigger and stronger and continue to learn the defense.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 08, 2009 07:05AM

Word is he is struggling big time.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: August 08, 2009 12:09PM

I agree that it would make a good storyline. But at the end of the day, I want to see the dolphins win... Keeping him may not leave room for another important positional players. We'll have to wait and see.

Date: August 08, 2009 02:10PM

I read they were looking at him as a nickle LB'er but he would have to beat Crowder out for that spot.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: August 08, 2009 02:28PM

I think they drafted him b/c they didn't know what to do with the pick. remember they just gave away their 2d 7th round pick for the same pick next year (I've never heard of a team doing that). Also no one else expected him to be drafted, including him. So I don't hold out much hope for the guy.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 08, 2009 03:53PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think they drafted him b/c they didn't know what
> to do with the pick.

Yeah, that and I DO think Ireland realized they needed help at ILB. Problem is this guy was an afterthought. We let the better ILBs get away, but, then, we got some good picks instead!

Date: August 15, 2009 03:04PM

article today said he was getting better, and Sporano said his best asset was his ability to run. I hope he makes the team. The one positive is that you can't teach speed,and he seems to have plenty of it. I hope he tears it up in the pre season and can make the final roster.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 15, 2009 06:40PM

Practice squad at best.

Date: August 15, 2009 10:14PM

I agree. He is a developmental player that Sporano says needs to gain some weight. He prob needs a year to redefine his body into one of a MLB.

Coach already said no ST positions will be reserved and I doubt he will beat out Torbor for the 3rd LB'er spot.

That 3rd spot is an important one because they are only one injury away from starting. I think we only kept 3 LB'er last year. Kershaw is prob even ahead of him.

Maybe next year.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:05AM

nice int.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 18, 2009 10:48AM

We might be on to somthing with him! Hope to see him more agaisnt the Panthers.

Date: August 18, 2009 12:43PM

Look all i'm saying is you don't draft some obscure player from Weber State whan you can probably sign him as a free agent unless you think he can come in and contribute, and make you team. The coaches must of liked what they saw in him. I am pulling for him to make the team. How many times in the past have we seen a ball hit a defensive player in the hands only not to be caught. Folsom showed great hands and speed during the return. He might be a project, but I firmly beleive he can help our team win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.