HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          PAT WHITE!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
PAT WHITE!
Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: August 06, 2009 06:03PM

I've been looking over some recent discussions on the chat board, and none of them seem to be speaking about Pat White...

Mark my word, this guy will be an NFL star. Picking him in the 2nd round was the smartest/easiest pick Parcells and the staff ever had to make. Now with the wildcat up and running, he will not only fit in perfectly with his running threat, but the kid, like I had mentioned prior, has a cannon of an arm and out threw Stafford and Sanchez at the combine.

Does anyone else here agree with me?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: PAT WHITE!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 06, 2009 06:15PM

I read the team will be putting in a package specifically for White to play to his strengths. I think they do expect him to actually play in games rather than sit on the bench as a 3rd-string QB. Whether that package involves the Wildcat, or maybe a spread offense, or maybe something else, has yet to be seen. At this point White hasn't done anything in practice to WOW the coaches, but his talent is obvious. I doubt they'll be much Pat White talk on the board until preseason starts and he shows his stuff in a real game.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 06, 2009 07:56PM

White hasnt impressed because the coaches are putting the players in situations that are not good for em. Testing there ability to think on there own. When its game time, Sporano will put in the perfect set for White to own with. I CANT WAIT!!

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:01AM

There has been a lot of mention of his passes being erractic and inconsistent. Some have suggested that he is having trouble with a larger NFL ball. I was never aware that there was a significant difference. I suspect that the heat and humidity is causing some problems. Judging by some pictures, he seems to have relatively small hands and went wet, I imagine it would make it harder to grip the ball. Maybe he should continue to use the gloves.

Regardless, what separates him is his feet and vision. This guy was every bit the runner Vick was in college. Maybe he wasn't as fast, but he was very elusive which I attribute to his vision and instincts as much as anything.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:30AM

I can't believe it's the football since the pro ball is smaller than the college ball.

One thing is for certain. White is struggling big time. He cannot even seem to throw a spiral.

All of our top 5 picks have gotten rave reviews with the exception of White.

He has a long way to go but he still has a month to get it together.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dielan ()
Date: August 07, 2009 09:27AM

we've been talking about white in abundance in the cam wake report

I think his only role will be in the wildcat packages, if those don't succeed come gameday (which is whats causing such a discussion in the other thread but that's besided the point), I can't see white having too much success in the NFL

Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: August 07, 2009 08:58PM

I disagree with you dielan. Training camp just began. We need to give him a chance before we start bashing his spirals and whatnot.

You rarely see Peyton Manning throw perfect spirals. His tosses are always fluttering. Coming from a former quarterback, the one thing I can tell you is that arm strength isn't as important as pocket presence and decision making. It is not something you can teach. It is something that you're born with. It is a sort of quarterback IQ. To be able to make reads quickly and effeciently is the most difficult part of being a quarterback. Many elite athletes can zip a football into a tight window with precision. It is the decision of who to throw to (or to not throw the ball at all), while 290 pound lineman rush you with 4.5 speed that define the men from the boys in this case.

We will have to wait and see if Pat White can adapt to the quick play of the NFL. It is to my knowledge that White is very smart academically. We will have to see how this translates onto the field. But as for bad spirals...that's all BS. I'd rather a QB that can make the proper read and get the ball into the hands of wide receivers, rather then a guy that can throw a rocket into triple coverage.

PS. Kyle Boller threw a football from his knees through the field goal posts from 50 yards out. Where is Kyle Boller today? Back-up in St. Louis?

I rest my case.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.