Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I take it the dirty bird was banned and post deleted?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: I take it the dirty bird was banned and post deleted?
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 09, 2009 04:10PM

My only problem is when fans think there team is so awsome and this and that. I know Miami wasnt that good last year. Of course that was before pennington came, and Sporano and every other solid coach we aquired. Look Cam Cameron is a decent offensive coach, but he doesnt know talent at all. Baltimors defense let there offense manage the game, with a solid running game. Flacco is a decent qb, but with no real solid wr core, and a weaknd defense, i dont see Baltimore doing more than 9/7.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 09, 2009 04:43PM

I disagree slightly. I don't know much about how Cam Cameroon evaluates talent but he does know how to take advantage with what he's good and how to make plays that will use his players to their full potential. Last season, we had many trick plays from T.Smith passing to Flacco to M.Clayton passing to Mason on an end around. He was also very instrumental in Flacco's development by not forcing to win games and just letting him manage the game.

Right now, there wide receivers are slightly better than average and are perfect for our offensives managing type of style. We don't need a number 1 receiver cause we only pass 20 - 25 times a game anyways. We will, however, need to develop some young talents for Mason imminent retirement. Clayton has been a disappointment thus far yet I am eager to see D.Williams, M.Smith and J.Harper's development.

I wouldn't call Baltimore's defense weakened but the emphasis has been changed. We upgraded our Secondary yet our linebackers have weakened. Nevertheless, Rex Ryan's departure is what will affect us most. On the other side, we have an EXTREMELY easy schedule with games against the Lions, Chiefs, Browns x2, Bengals x2, Raiders, and Denver. The only definite losses I see are in New England, in Pittsburgh and in San Diego.

Posted by: dielan ()
Date: August 11, 2009 07:26PM

Baltimore has a ridiculously easy schedule but Bmore why are you so hard on the ravens?

You say definite losses to NE, Pitt and san diego?? I believe baltimore has the ability to win any one of these games, maybe even more.

I can see baltimore finishing with a ridiculous record, not necessarily reflecting their level of play but more so about their schedule

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 12, 2009 05:21AM

second place AFC north, first wildcard slot, which then will loose to NE in first post season game.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 12, 2009 11:50AM

got point dielan but, just for fun, saying those games would be definite losses still allows us to be a 10 - 6 team AT WORSE. We have 7 tight games against the Pats, Chargers, Colts, Bears, Packers (in Wisconsin) and twice against the Steelers. After that, the rest of our games are a joke. Just winning 2 of those games, will allow us to be the wildcard.

I don't think we'll play NE as, if they don't get a first round bye, they definitely won't be seeded fourth (assuming baltimore is seeded 5. We'll most probably play the winner of the AFC South which are good mathcups as Ed Reed will dominate Houston's passing game, we already proved how good of a matchup we are against the Titans and I think this will be the year we will be able to beat ourselves (Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts). That division is really up for grabs, besides for Jaguars.

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.