HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          The Rothgate Scandal
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
The Rothgate Scandal
Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 03, 2009 09:43AM

I'm starting to get kind of concerned. What's all this drama with Matt Roth about. He sits out during practice doing light exercises by himself on the sidelines instead of doing any sort of normal contact drills with the rest of the team. Reports say he failed his conditioning test. His agent Drew Rosenhaus claims he suffered some sort of groin injury (again). Sparano says he is "under the weather" and when approached about the groin injury, claims to have never heard anything about it.

Sparano claims this is the first he's heard of it and that doesn't match the information Roth gave him about why he can't practice. Furthermore, some of the exercises Roth was doing on the sidelines included things like running which suggest there couldn't be a groin injury.

Sparano goes on to say "Matt was a good player for us a year ago. We have to get to the bottom of it and find out what's wrong with him."
I find this whole thing kind of suspicious and really disconcerting.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Rothgate Scandal
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2009 10:00AM

I just wish they would makeup their minds about what the hell is going on with roth.

Can't someone just comeout and tell the truth!

Posted by: crashhelmet ()
Date: August 03, 2009 03:54PM

I read somewhere that he was put onto the PUP list. Doesn't that mean he has to sit out until at least week 6 now, regardless of his ailment?

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 03, 2009 05:40PM

I don't think he has to sit out six weeks unless he is put on it during the regular season. I could be wrong and don't feel like confirming.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 04, 2009 07:11AM

Get over it ... it turns out that JT will get a boost from it and that overall competition will be higher.

Glad that Sparano has JT and Joey Porter on the field at the same time at this time of the year.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 04, 2009 07:46AM

I love the name "THE ROTHGATE SCANDAL"!! PERFECT. Look he is injured! Plain and simple.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 04, 2009 07:57AM

He is still feeling the lingering effects from his groin surgery and lied to the coach about it. Twice! Doesn't matter JT would have taken the spot from him anyway. He was feeling the heat from JT which is why he lied and said he was sick.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 04, 2009 08:58AM

Roth showed promise last year, but it looks like that may be short-lived. He didn't help his career when he was arrested. Now he lies to his coach? Not good.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 04, 2009 09:12AM

Dont write the man off yet! Everyone quick to blame, look at my blaming of vontae! I should appologize for my rampid quick to blame him just like you should do, after all? Ricky Williams ring a bell!!

Date: August 04, 2009 01:54PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 04, 2009 03:06PM

Sporano says Roth did not lie to them but no one is telling what the story is either.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 04, 2009 03:12PM

Sparano when interviwed said roth told hime he was sick. Sparano also said he had some blood exams and everything came out fine.

Date: August 04, 2009 03:14PM

I just hope roth is just a little under the weather. We need all the depth we can get.

Date: August 04, 2009 04:38PM

I like how I'm starting to see the phrase "Rothgate" pop up here and there in the blogosphere. Well really in just two places so far. I came up with what I thought was a funny name to describe this whole Matt Roth scandal early yesterday and then I see Omar use it on twitter (he's been known to frequent this site from time to time) and then some guy named John Renshaw uses it earlier today in an article I read in the Bleacher Report. I don't know if they ripped me off (it's not like it would be impossible for someone to also come up with the same name without seeing my reference) or if "Rothgate" is actually just a much more obvious play on words description of this story than I thought. Either way I'm flattered.

Note* Yes I am aware of how incredibly unimportant and braggadocios this post is

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 05, 2009 06:35AM

You may have been the first to come up with it in this case, but people in the press use the suffix "-gate" for everything that remotely resembles a potential contretemps.

Maybe get a trademark lawyer next time and cash in! smiling bouncing smiley

Posted by: jpippiniii ()
Date: August 05, 2009 12:32PM

The only thing I know is that he is sick... Apparently

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: August 05, 2009 12:52PM

Roth will be ok!

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 05, 2009 04:14PM

LOL.....damn it really is in the urban dictionary.

rampid 46 up, 4 down
A non-existant word that mentally challenged people often confuse with the word "rampant."

See below.
Jack: The disease ran rampid throughout the country.
Jill: Rampid is not a word, you moron.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.