HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Interesting items from camp
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Interesting items from camp
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 02, 2009 04:24PM

Matt Roth was put on the PUP list (failed physical) so JT will be working with first team at SOLB for the near future. That's good because it is a new position for him and he needs the reps.

JT and JP also rotated playing the weak side. TS now says that the best 11 will play and he is still considering the options as far as playing both at the same time. (licking his chops more like it!) I still think JT is number 1 in talent so I have little doubt he will be among the top 11.

Camarillo is not limited in drills and is working with the first team.

Turner looks good and has caught more balls and made more plays during the first day of camp.

Eric Green got burned by Turner on a TD play.

Andrew Gardner (6th round rookie) is manhandling Cameron Wake.

Shawn Murphy has earned the praise of Sporano and a first team spot at RG. TS said it is his job to lose. That is nice to hear because we don't have to worry about the health of the injury prone Thomas and the coaches still think Murphy has the talent to start as they had planned.

Murphy was broken down and had his frame resculpted to look like an o-lineman in the past year. Their hope last year was that he would be the starter in 08 but surprisingly, Thomas outplayed him.

David Martin got full work and was not limited.

It's only the first day but looks good going forward.

All info from Omars camp blog.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2009 04:32PM by eesti.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Interesting items from camp
Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: August 02, 2009 07:30PM

"Andrew Gardner (6th round rookie) is manhandling Cameron Wake."

That is an interesting observation. It makes you wonder if Gardner is that good or Wake is going to be a let down. I really had high hopes that Wake was going to be an outstanding pass rusher, but getting outplayed by a 6th round rookie doesn't bode well. Having said that, Gardner was a top notch player at GT.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 03, 2009 03:30AM

Gardner was a 4 year starter at GT I believe. Starting 4 years at a decent ACC school facing good competition each week,...hey, he will have skills.

But we don't know yet if Gardner is that good or if Wake is that bad. Or maybe a combo of both. Only 1 practice, but will be something to follow in the days to come. It would be nice if Gardner could be a quality "SWING" tackle for us. Give us depth at RT and LT incase Vernon or Long go down. Decent "SWING TACKLES" are tough to find

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2009 04:03AM

Maybe gardner is the real deal. I hope this is the case. You never know.

Date: August 03, 2009 04:20AM

From what I have hear up to this point, Gardner was behind Nate Garner and a long shot to even make the team. Of course this can change but definitely not a ringing endorsement for Wake. Still very early so I guess we'll see what develops.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 03, 2009 04:24AM

So many fans were high on wake. Big dissapointment if he doesn't make the team and play well.

Although i do not buy much into the hype, i was beginning to get into it already.

Way too early to tell. We'll see!

Date: August 03, 2009 04:39AM

Does kind of show how unrealistic some of the posters expectations were around here though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.