HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          CLEO LEMON, remember him....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
CLEO LEMON, remember him....
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 01, 2009 02:15PM

He's expected to sign with New England and be Tom Brady's back-up. He's a far cry from Matt Cassell.

And if Brady does go down, and Belichick has an offense with Lemon at QB, Sammy Morris at RB, and Wes Welker at WR and actually wins games, then he is the greatest coach in the history of the NFL hands down!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CLEO LEMON, remember him....
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 01, 2009 04:18PM

He is never going to be the best coach of alltime. He cannot be because of the fact that the cheating incident is still in his resume. He sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: August 01, 2009 05:49PM

Hey Mike for once I agree with yousmileys with beer

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: August 01, 2009 08:33PM

Cleo Lemon won't play QB for them if Brady goes down. Guarantee they are looking at him for the wildcat. The one thing I remember about Lemon was that he was really good at avoiding pressure and slipping past defenders. Our crappy O-line would let a DE or LB through every play and Lemon would dodge them, staying on his feet until he found a receiver or picked up a few yards with his feet.

Date: August 02, 2009 05:38AM

Cleo Lemon wasn't very good at anything. Let's not try and re-write history

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 02, 2009 05:50AM

Yes I remember Cleo. And when Pat White came here I immediately wondered if we had another Cleo Lemon - very athletic, enthusiastic, makes plays out of nothing, can heave the ball, but undersized, outmatched and doesn't fit the scheme.

I'm not saying that will happen with Pat, especially since we'll design wildcat plays for him and he'll have a niche...but I'm just sayin who I immediately thought of.

Good luck to Cleo in NE, he's a good player.

Date: August 02, 2009 06:35AM

Come one Mike. No one is saying he was a stud at anything. But I remember those games that he started and I remember how his ability to avoid the rush, stay on his feet, and scramble was the one bright spot that suggested there was a potential there for us to make plays. He found receivers a couple times by buying a lot of extra time with his feet. I'm not re-writing history, I saw him down right embarrass DE's a couple times. Our crappy O-line let everything through, and you would see these flashes of a real athletic guy keeping the play alive.

And having seen Mike Vick make big plays by surviving the rush long enough to have the defensive coverage break down with that kind of fancy footwork, I always got excited when Lemon would keep the play alive in the same way assuming he'd follow through the same way Vick did and make some kind of play. Unfortunately, unlike Vick, rarely did he ever take advantage of that skill. The most all that athletic dippin and dodgin would ever lead to with Lemon was an 8 yard rush or he'd find Booker once in a blue moon for a small pick up. Who knows what he's going to do in the wildcat for the Patriots, though.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 02, 2009 07:33AM

I say we get Joey to go low and JT to go high on a Brady sandwich. Then see what happens.

The sucktriots are in some trouble now. No cheating. No backup QB. And they Moss and Welker haven't won them any SBs yet.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 02, 2009 08:12AM

i say when third and long bring taylor, porter, wake, and vontae in on a pass rush!!! man that would be SWEET!!! AND PLEASE i try not to think about the bums we had on our team in the past 7 years, Cleo is one of them, he is a nice guy, but come on!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: August 02, 2009 08:18AM

Cleo Lemon played pretty well for the Dolphins when the team was an absolute trainwreck and the coaching staff was obviously fairly incompetent.

I think he'll be a quality backup for the Patriots.

Date: August 02, 2009 08:25AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 02, 2009 08:27AM

Is this the same cleo lemon who refused to go go into the endzone against the pats and instead decided to go out at the 1 inchline..?

Hey im glad the pats have him...That is if they sign him....You know like they say... better them than us.

Date: August 02, 2009 08:31AM

Date: August 02, 2009 08:46AM

Date: August 02, 2009 09:00AM

Wildcat?!? LOL!

The Sucktriots aren't running the Wildcat. The only reason why the Wildcat even works for us is that we have 2 home run threat RBs - Ricky and Ronnie. We have the personnel to make it work, they don't.

Cleo isn't that quick - he's quick for a QB, but he's not that quick. He's the backup. He isn't running inside like R&R or Pat White will. And the only way the Gimptriots take Brady off the field and hand the ball to Cleo, is if Brady leaves on the meat cart.

If the Cheaters want to mix in something different, they will do it with a reverse to Moss or Welker, or maybe a flea flicker. But with Brady, Moss, and Welker - that is as exotic as they get.

Posted by: FredFredburger ()
Date: August 02, 2009 09:01AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's expected to sign with New England and be Tom
> Brady's back-up.

Expected by whom? Lemon will be third, at best, on their depth chart. Kevin O'Connell is Brady's back up. O'Connell's got a better arm than Cassell, but I can't say anything about what he's got between the ears.

Date: August 02, 2009 09:27AM

Having two "home run threat" RB's is not what makes the Wildcat a dangerous threat for us. Since unveiling it in New England last year, it produced consistently less yardage and we had consistently less success with it each game. Two skilled RB's isn't the answer. If it was, we wouldn't need Pat White. Teams just stacked the box because we had no legitimate passing threat out of it. The answer is to have a dangerous running AND passing threat player either taking the direct snap, or at least being on the field as an option during the Wildcat play so that once the ball gets in their hands, they can choose whichever option would be the best at the time.

Date: August 02, 2009 09:28AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: August 02, 2009 06:57PM

I'm sorry guys but Lemon was not as bad a player as he played for us...I've said this before and I'm sure that I'll say it again but he was set up to fail with the Dolphins. The inept coaches and lack of overall talent ended up earning him a bad name that he really didn't deserve.

JMO

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: August 04, 2009 12:48AM

Date: August 15, 2009 07:42AM

Cleo signed with Baltimore today. Beck injured his shoulder Thursday night so they needed another QB on the roster.

Cam went with the guy who got him his ONLY win!!!!! Dance with the one who brung ya Cam!!!! lol

Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: August 15, 2009 04:18PM

To whoever thinks Lemon was brought in for wildcat was mistaken. A quarterback does not play wildcat, he plays in a spread offense. Wildcat is meant for WR's and RB's. Therefore Pat White won't play wildcat, he'll play spread.

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 17, 2009 05:56PM

You know it Mike O. Cleo will lead us well. This may not seem like a big signing, but you'll see. I'm predicting an MVP trophy and a superbowl for the ravens ONLY IF Flacco and Smith get injured. Then Cleo comes in and the party starts.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 18, 2009 06:11AM

ickie182 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
A quarterback does not play wildcat,
> he plays in a spread offense. Wildcat is meant for
> WR's and RB's. Therefore Pat White won't play
> wildcat, he'll play spread.

It doesn't really matter what it is "meant" for or how it was used in the past.

White is a QB. The coaches have said that the offense will be "called" the spread when White is running it...but that's not to say that White will not be working in a similar formation to the WC with an unbalanced line and a man in motion.

It really is splitting hairs but the truth is no one knows what happens inside the closed practices other than the Miami Dolphins or what they are working on for the "Pat Package".

Whatever they want to call it....we can all bank on some new looks that may resemble the WC but may not quite be a traditional spread offense.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Bmoretildeath ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:32AM

That's true. We'll never learn anything else other than what we already know until they actually start using these packages.

Date: August 18, 2009 11:56AM

I cant wait and hope they break it out agaisnt NE. ;P

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: August 18, 2009 05:12PM

MikeO, it seems most of your predictions are wrong, "we retired Farve" and "Lemon will sign with NE" are all far off base. Do you have any comment on this terrible run of predictions!?

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: August 18, 2009 07:45PM

Well we have been getting our butts kicked in the prediction department lately, however i did get Bret Favre right smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.