HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          It's Official: WE RETIRED BRETT FARVE
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
It's Official: WE RETIRED BRETT FARVE
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 28, 2009 01:03PM

Brett is staying retired. His last game was vs Miami and we beat the living hell out of him. Crowder with that good hit on him in that game. Merling INT then breaking through his weak arm tackle where he hurt his elbow. We beat the living hell out of him in that last game last year and I think it played a small factor in him not returning.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: It's Official: WE RETIRED BRETT FARVE
Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: July 28, 2009 01:53PM

Great news. That was the way I was treating the game when I watched it

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 29, 2009 09:02AM

Come on he will sign, he just wants to miss training camp lol.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: July 29, 2009 09:38AM

I won't believe that guy doesn't want to play until he is lying in his grave.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 31, 2009 11:09AM

> I won't believe that guy doesn't want to play until he is lying in his grave.

I won't beleive he doesn't want to "act like" he wants to play" until he's in the grave or until no one puts it in the headlines.

Give thanks to the media for creating a circus each year. Having said that, Farve eats it up.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: July 31, 2009 07:40PM

Personally I am sick and tired of seeing that B*TCH come on TV and cry because he's retiring, then make a miraculous comeback only to come back on tv and cry again like a girl. I am not trying to take anything away from him...he was elite. I really thought Brett was a class act until......

I read and saw on TV that he did not associate with any of his team members when he signed with the Jets...called most of them "guy" because he did not know their name...or want to for that matter (right out of his own players' mouths), would not go to dinner with his team etc... That is what made me change my opinion of Brett....Retire and become a commentator...make sure not to cry, your makeup will run.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 02, 2009 05:57AM

chatafkup Wrote:
> Brett....Retire and become a commentator...make
> sure not to cry, your makeup will run.

At this point I don't even want him as a commentator, I don't want to hear him at all. He needs to go back to his farm and talk to the livestock instead.

Date: August 02, 2009 01:58PM

smileys with beer Yes Sir!

Posted by: ickie182 ()
Date: August 03, 2009 01:47PM

Let's also remember that broke a few records that Dan the Man once held. Although it feels like Favre did it in a billion less years then Marino, it's still nice to know that the Miami Dolphins may have played a role in his retirement.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: August 07, 2009 07:30AM

The only way you'll see Favre play this year is if Green Bay makes the horrible mistake of signing Mike Vick. Somehow, miraculously, Brett Favre's shoulder will suddenly feel fine and he'll be signed by the Vikings. Otherwise, good luck mowing the lawn down in ole Miss. I hope to god I never hear your name on ESPN again.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 18, 2009 09:21AM

Date: August 18, 2009 09:24AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Come on he will sign, he just wants to miss
> training camp lol.
Oh wait youll go back and light up the message boards with all the stuff i said that turned out to be untrue, yet when i say how i feel about other like posted above you say nothing? How about not saying anything at all either way? I noticed you didnt have a thread about this, untill the facts surface then you decide to post somthing. Nice!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 18, 2009 03:08PM

Odenn Wrote:
> The only way you'll see Favre play this year is if
> Green Bay makes the horrible mistake of signing
> Mike Vick. Somehow, miraculously, Brett Favre's
> shoulder will suddenly feel fine and he'll be
> signed by the Vikings.
Substitute Philly for Green Bay...no explanation why...but then it's true!

> I hope to god I never
> hear your name on ESPN again.
Better stop watching ESPN for a while.

Date: August 18, 2009 03:45PM

It's official, he signed.

This guy is like a rerun on loop....he signs, he retires, he cries...he comes back.

I saw his press conference on NFL channel...he was wearing a hat that looked like he ran it over with his tractor, a horse pissed on it and then he put it on his head. Nasty looking hat.

I am already tired of this idiot.

Date: August 19, 2009 09:34AM

"Farve" and "retired" in the same sentence has about as much meaning as "Absolutely" and "Maybe not".

Let's retrace:

He has become an embarassingly transparent attention hound.

1. For the last umpteen years with the Packers I gave him a pass with the yearly drag it out only to stay for another year.thumbs up

2. Then came the tearful goodby speech drinking smiley

4. Then came the media induced frenzy, and Farve eating it up yearlong "will he come back?" thing. Add in the iron clad conditions to not go to Minnesota, when he was realeased to sign with the Jets thumbs down

5. Then after a year with the jets another tearful goodbye. This time for good.moody smiley thumbs down

6. Then another media induced spring and summer filled with "Will he come back to the Vikings?" yawning smiley thumbs down
- Culminating in a no I'm done finally thumbs down

7. Well for a while.
- Then Michael Vick returning got all the headlines
- Then the Vikings looked very good even without a QBdrinking smiley thumbs down

PLEASE BRETT STOP BEING a GIRL & DRAMA QUEEN !!!smileys with beer

(Apologies to all the girls that actually can make and stick with a decision)

Date: August 19, 2009 09:47AM

The problem is that he still has a tear in his rotator cuff so he could only play a few games and be out again or stink it up again because of his throwing motion.

I don't really care if he couldn't make up his mind or not. He is 40 years old and of course your thoughts are going to change from week to week.

The problem here is the media and there constant attention on nothing! Will he or won't he? every friggin day! They were camped outside his house for cryin out loud!

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: August 20, 2009 09:29AM

Date: August 20, 2009 09:55AM

It is the job of the coaches to monitor and control the team chemistry. Not Brett Favre's.

That being said, he is a little full of himself to think he can come in the way he did and not have a few resentments.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 20, 2009 11:14AM

eesti Wrote:

>
> That being said, he is a little full of himself to
> think he can come in the way he did and not have a
> few resentments.

His resentments are probably against green bay im sure. He wanna show green bay he can still win a bowl. I hope he falls flat on his face.

Date: August 20, 2009 12:08PM

I hope he runs through Green- Bay all the way to the superbowl, then we beat em bad! MWHAHAHAHAHAH

Date: August 21, 2009 03:08AM

Vikings look pretty strong even without Brett.

I have an avid Vikings fan friend who is a bit upset with them going with yet another "older guy" and th eongoing search for the last peiece.

He says that no matter what they always find a way to choke at the end.

1. Miami had the same thing going here with the relentless pursuit to fill the QB position beofre it fixed the OL issues. (prior to current FO.

2. Vikings have a lot more pieces in place, but they have pursued a long string of older guys dating back to Warren Moon and Brad Johnson, Randall Cunningham, Culpepper, Gus ferrotte

Warren Moon 1994-1996
Brad Johnson 1997
Randall Cunningham 1998
Jeff George 1999
Daunte Culpepper 2000-2005
Brad Johnson (2) 2006
Tarvaris Jackson 2007-2008
Gus Frerotte 2008
Brett Favre 2009

3. Been to the SB 3 times but came up empty handed.

Maybe Brett is the answer, but my friend isn't feeling great about it. guess we'll see how he looks in December

Date: August 21, 2009 04:01AM

Phinjim Wrote:

>
> He says that no matter what they always find a way
> to choke at the end.

I used to say happily that about the Pats. That pattern can change.

Vikings have a lot more pieces in place, but
> they have pursued a long string of older guys
> dating back to Warren Moon and Brad Johnson,
> Randall Cunningham, Culpepper, Gus ferrotte
>
>
> Warren Moon 1994-1996
> Brad Johnson 1997
> Randall Cunningham 1998
> Jeff George 1999
> Daunte Culpepper 2000-2005
> Brad Johnson (2) 2006
> Tarvaris Jackson 2007-2008
> Gus Frerotte 2008
> Brett Favre 2009
>

YOu have a point, but Culpepper and Jackson were rookies when they joined the Vikes.

Date: August 21, 2009 07:41AM

If his shoulder holds up they will be a dangerous offense with Adrian Peterson.

Everyone says he has no weapons to throw to but he does have Bernard Berrian (964 yards 20.1 yard avg!), Percy Harvin (rookie), Visanthe Shiancoe (up and coming TE 596 yards) and Bobby Wade (645 yards).

They had that kind of production with questionable QB's, Ferrotte and Jackson. Favre will improve on those numbers.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 21, 2009 09:46AM

Favre will win a lot of games for the Vikings, but he'll get hurt sometime late in the year (like last year) and insist on playing. Then he'll make a few boneheaded throws and lose the game for his team. This is starting to become a common thread with Favre.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 09:47AM by montequi.

Date: August 21, 2009 09:15PM

Well...all the drama aside. Living in Minnesota and Wisconsin in the late 90's, I hated Favre and all the die hard, cocky Packer fans. They were obnoxious!

The fact is that everyone loves to hate the guy on top. Favre is a warrior and has NEVER missed a start in almost 20 years. I have a lot of respect for the guy. He is hilarious on the sidelines and loves the game.

He was magical on the field the day after he found out his father died and is the poster child for what football is all about.

As the worlds biggest Marino fan, I should hate the guy more than everyone since he broke a few of his records but I can't bring myself to do it.

If you can't respect Favre and what he has brought to the game then you are blinded by your own insecurities.

Favre is one of the few QB's that are in the same "league" as Marino.

Stop hatin' and start aprreciatin'. He is one of the last gunslingers.

He is hanging on for dear life and fighting to the bitter end. He refuses to quit.

I have to respect that warriors mentality.

Date: August 21, 2009 09:24PM

Ill drink to that.

Posted by: phinfanjake ()
Date: August 22, 2009 06:23AM

Favre has thrown for a lot more INTs than Marino... they are not in the same league... Marino had the better arm and football mind, Favre had the longer lasting body

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 22, 2009 06:42AM

1.As long as he isn't a member of the phins I couldn't care less what farve has accompished.

2.He was a member of the jets last year....The hell with farve and the jets.....

3.Wasn't he the one who beat us on that first game of the season???Looked to me that he was real happy after the game!!!!!!!!!!

4.Now this time around he wants to show the packers he still got it...Minessotta....Packers.......???? Is there a rivalry there??????
Not that i give a crap about it....Im just saying....

5. Farve should accept the fact that he is no longer an asset to a team but a liability..((((his arm is all FU(kedUP)...All he is doing is taking playing time away from the current, younger minessotta QBS.....He is a selfish SOB.

EDIT PS. Farve will never be in the same class as Dan Marino. Dan Marino at least retired when his body gave up on him. Dan Marino has class. Dan marino doesn't act like a little girl saying his daughter told him not to retire.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 07:01AM by samsam3738.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 22, 2009 09:20AM

Date: August 24, 2009 06:08AM

eesti Wrote:
>
> He is hanging on for dear life and fighting to the
> bitter end. He refuses to quit.
>

He quit about 5 times didn't he? I lost count.

he's going to go out like Johnny Unitas did. Coulda left the game with dignity, but instead is going to look like a fool with a team he has no business joining, for his final season.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.