HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL Draft going to 3 days
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
NFL Draft going to 3 days
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 23, 2009 09:02PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL Draft going to 3 days
Date: July 23, 2009 09:05PM

Not to mention the extra days is going to mean more trades and slow down the whole "DRAFT PROCESS" even more now that GM's will have 2 nights to make moves "mid-draft". This thing is gonna go on forever and be unbearable to watch.

The ONE thing the NBA does right is the draft. The NFL should just do rounds 1,2,3 on a Saturday. Start at noon. You get 7 min for round 1. Every round there-after you get 5 min to make a pick. Speed the thing up. These teams have months to do research and work out trades. They dont' need all of this time!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 04:05AM

At least its at night and we get to watch it when we get home from work.I know what you meant about sunday though.......That saturday and sunday were holy for me.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 05:35AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 24, 2009 01:50PM

Mike you are 100% right. I looked forward to the Sat and Sunday all year. Now I will need to rush home from work on Thurs to watch it, spend fri nite watching it instead of doing something else, and watch the dregs on Sat. With sunday nothing at all. Weak.

Date: July 24, 2009 03:28PM

and the Thursday night is gonna go to like 1 or 2 in the morning. IF it starts on time......figure MOST teams use up their 12 min. It's a 6 hour first round AT LEAST!!!!! Who the hell can stay up that late if you gotta work the next day (east coast)

If your on the WEST COAST it starts at 4:30 most people are STILL at work and will miss the start of it. Then on Friday its even WORSE as it starts at 3:30 (most people still at work). Lets just screw over the Chargers, 49ers, Seahawks, Raider, and Cardinal fans.

THIS is a disaster on every level. The draft used to be 2 days of fun. Would watch chunks of it, then as I did work around the house it would be on the in the background. I would have Kipers Blue Book and follow along and all. Now its ruined, I will watch Miami pick on thursday and probably thats it. I mean people have a life and can't stay glued to a TV for 3 days at the worst possible time in their lives.

P.S.....not to mention Thursday night the NFL is now going head to head with American Idol (and the later weeks of that show as it ends in May). HAVE FUN GETTING CRUSHED IN THE RATINGS ROGER GOODELL!!!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2009 03:30PM by MikeO.

Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: July 24, 2009 05:16PM

Well its obvious espn was complaining, lol not enough to talk about later! brilliant plore to make us tune in to find out what happend!!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 24, 2009 06:17PM

If ESPN wanted to raise ratings, they'd allow people to vote online or by phone or text message for each draft pick, then they can award a prize for the people who get the most right. They could put a ticker on the screen with the fan votes, and you could see if the fans are right when the pick is announced. I think it would make the draft more interesting, and it would force people to watch the entire thing if want to win.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 25, 2009 04:48AM

MikeO Wrote:

> And I hate to break it to the NFL
> nobody will tune in on a Saturday morning to watch
> rounds 4-7 of the draft.

As someone who almost never watches the draft anyway, I'm only speculating here. But I think plenty of people would watch it even it it started on 3:00 AM on a workday. There are lots and lots of extreme draftniks out there, many who seem to care more about the next draft than the actual games going on in the middle of a season.

But I do agree that the NFL has tried too hard to make a bigger spectacle out of this, trying to milk it for more money in the form of perceived increases in TV advertising. We'll see how it works.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 25, 2009 06:32AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.