HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jason Taylor is washed up.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Jason Taylor is washed up.....
Posted by: jpippiniii ()
Date: August 05, 2009 12:31PM

I am glad miami took JT back

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MiamiThunder ()
Date: August 05, 2009 04:11PM

Im glad they took me back too.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 06, 2009 03:24AM

My views on JT refocus:

JT got his head on right after a year where he found out that Miami was going to be good without him or with him, and that he has a great opportunity here if he focuses on football.

Last year JT had his head in the clouds and as a result over estimated his worth. When a player has that attitude he isn't good for himself or his team. (Dancing drama, I need to go else-where to win blah blah).

Cudos to the phins leadership for saying no thankyou to that guy, at that price with that mental outlook for the year. They also cashed in on draft picks for it.

Cudos to JT for taking a good look in the mirror, and for having the confidence in his ability to perform at a high level, in a place he now respects, and for adopting a humble and focused attitude for contributing and respecting the team.

As eesti noted, he knows he can play and will cash in if he shows it. He'll do it however as a result of both self and team respect ... something he did not show last year and respect to him for getting his head and focus right.

IMHO.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: August 06, 2009 03:50AM

Phinjim Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My views on JT refocus:
>
> JT got his head on right after a year where he
> found out that Miami was going to be good without
> him or with him, and that he has a great
> opportunity here if he focuses on football.
>
> Last year JT had his head in the clouds and as a
> result over estimated his worth. When a player
> has that attitude he isn't good for himself or his
> team. (Dancing drama, I need to go else-where to
> win blah blah).
>
> Cudos to the phins leadership for saying no
> thankyou to that guy, at that price with that
> mental outlook for the year. They also cashed in
> on draft picks for it.
>
> Cudos to JT for taking a good look in the mirror,
> and for having the confidence in his ability to
> perform at a high level, in a place he now
> respects, and for adopting a humble and focused
> attitude for contributing and respecting the
> team.
>
> As eesti noted, he knows he can play and will cash
> in if he shows it. He'll do it however as a
> result of both self and team respect ... something
> he did not show last year and respect to him for
> getting his head and focus right.
>
> IMHO.

I agree about saying no to JT last year was the right thing to do. His head wasn't in football.

This year we got the old JT back.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: August 06, 2009 05:27AM

another one of those players Sporano likes...one with a chip on his shoulder.

Just think, at LOLB, JT will sometimes be going against a TE or RB. If not him then Joey....that's nice. if nothing else it is going to free up other players like Merling and Starks.

They can talk about part time player all they want but don't think the best players won't be getting the most snaps.

Matt Roth had 53 tackles last year. The most in his career but he was relatively quiet as far as big plays...something JT has always excelled at. Matt Roth was praised by coaches for having a very good year and also by statisticians that said Roth was the best run defender.

Normally the strong side guys are going to get more tackles than the weak side but JT's AVERAGE for tackles in a year is 56.5 for his career and he has always played on the weak side. He has had 6 seasons with over 60 and two seasons over 70.

I really don't know how people can say he is a liability against the run.

The tackles stats vary from site to site but the 56.5 was according to ESPN.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2009 05:34AM by eesti.

Date: August 06, 2009 05:41AM

I'D say roth had a good year not a great year. He got beat on runs to the outside at times where JT would make that play. But overall id say he had a decent year.

Date: August 06, 2009 05:52AM

He did have the best winning percentage vs the run compared to every other Dolphin player in 08.

.....................................................................................

Date: August 06, 2009 06:19AM

eesti Wrote:
> He did have the best winning percentage vs the run
> compared to every other Dolphin player in 08.

I read that somewhere!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: August 07, 2009 06:51AM

Date: August 08, 2009 10:04AM

LB Matt Roth completed the first week of camp on the sidelines, joining the other linebackers in their drills but doing nothing. Roth’s hopes of holding onto his starting job appear to be gone.

Date: August 08, 2009 04:23PM

As one veteran defensive player told me in May, "Wait until these guys see him work and play. That's crazy. There's no way he'll be sitting that much. Right now, they just don't understand. Just wait." Today, Taylor had a sack and forced a false start. Even when Roth comes back, he'll be playing half the snaps or more. - ETHAN SKOLNICK

I'm guessing that was Joey Porter

Date: August 18, 2009 08:05AM

RE: Jason Taylor....Famous last words....

The goodbyes have already been said. This is a new team and a new regime. The new regime has absolutely no sentimentality towards Jason Taylor. His Dolphins career is over. - Northeast Fin Fan

I give him the One-Finger Salute. ......also, Why does it matter if we dont know what went on behind closed doors!?!? We know enough that went on publicly to say we dont want him back. - Aqua & Orange

look we got rid of him IN A BEAUTIFUL manner same for zack great dealin on our part, NO WAY id take zack back he is garbage now too old for his size to do anything just retire buddy. serious. taylor id say the same thing get them back just to retire em there too old and undersized to do anything? get peppers and scott!!! - Stunner

- Even at minimum to the fins, the locker room thing is a real concern, he had the cahnce to be the guy and didn't want it ... in effect expressing no confindence in the team and its coaching staff. Funny how things turn out some times. - Phinjim

yeah bill parcells, is all about himself, i mean i figured hey. 3 years all right then reality hits you by saying "oh i can leave now cause you sold the team, but ill stay for this year untill somone offers me more money you know what good go bill we dont need you here we got sparano. a decent team, and ireland to recruit so hey you dont want to be apart of a dynasty that you helped to creat, then fine go WE DONT NEED YOU HERE! - Stunner

Regardless of what happened in the past, JT won't be coming back to Miami as long as Parcells is here. There's just no way it will happen.
Looking back at the JT trade, I liked it then and I like it even more today. JT was hurt and very ineffective most of last year. Now the Skins have him for one more year in hopes that he will return to form at age 35. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. But with Parcells and Ireland pulling the triggers at the draft (as opposed to Cam or Wanny), I will be much happier getting a guy who can help us for 5 plus years, versus hoping JT could help us for one year. - Northeast Fin Fan

(and please nobody bring up JT.....we aren't going through the Jason Taylor drama again. Parcells hates him anyway) - MikeO

Zach Thomas is washed up!! As is Jason Taylor. They were both exposed big time this year. - MikeO

On garbage Miami teams in recent years they stood out as stars. On talented teams they were just ordinary players. I think the Ravens just broke another 80 yard TD run against Zach and the boys........ - MikeO

Jason Taylor could offer to play for FREE and I still wouldn't want him back. Who needs the headache, drama, and mini-circus that he brings along with him. - MikeO

Date: August 18, 2009 09:05AM

Ok look at Esti yeah showing real class! LOOK I CAN GO BACK AND MAKE THESE GUYS LOOK LIKE IDIOTS!!! What do you want, what good is comming from taking past post about how people felt about things in diff times? What you want, just because we had the balls to say how we felt, while some on here didnt? Think you can just go back and look like your the perfect one who never thought about anything? Afraid to speak how you felt, for fear of ridicule? So what i said how i felt at a time, and i dont care if its 100 percent wrong! At least i have the decentsy to not bring up past post about people just to make a statement! That im the man and these guys are retards? Congrats Esti you just made the list of aholes! And to think i thought you had alot of class, and was one of the guys people on here could count on for decent info, and a person who could be relied on in times of need to back up statements!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 09:07AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 18, 2009 09:36AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Ok look at Esti yeah showing real class! LOOK I
> CAN GO BACK AND MAKE THESE GUYS LOOK LIKE
> IDIOTS!!! What do you want, what good is comming
> from taking past post about how people felt about
> things in diff times? What you want, just because
> we had the balls to say how we felt, while some on
> here didnt? Think you can just go back and look
> like your the perfect one who never thought about
> anything? Afraid to speak how you felt, for fear
> of ridicule? So what i said how i felt at a time,
> and i dont care if its 100 percent wrong! At least
> i have the decentsy to not bring up past post
> about people just to make a statement! That im the
> man and these guys are retards? Congrats Esti you
> just made the list of aholes! And to think i
> thought you had alot of class, and was one of the
> guys people on here could count on for decent
> info, and a person who could be relied on in times
> of need to back up statements!

AHHHH Relax STUNNER........This is just a message board. Lets just enjoy the first dolphin victory in pre season....

You are happy they won aren't you??????????????????????????????????

Date: August 18, 2009 09:41AM

Yes but instead of awsome post about us winning, and about the good and bad things of the game, we get post brought up from the past that mean nothing, but just start more gossip and irratate people more!

Date: August 18, 2009 09:53AM

MiamiThunder Wrote:
> Ok look at Esti yeah showing real class! LOOK I
> CAN GO BACK AND MAKE THESE GUYS LOOK LIKE
> IDIOTS!!! What do you want, what good is comming
> from taking past post about how people felt about
> things in diff times? What you want, just because
> we had the balls to say how we felt, while some on
> here didnt?

You say balls, i say big mouth.

Think you can just go back and look
> like your the perfect one who never thought about
> anything?

YES!

Afraid to speak how you felt, for fear
> of ridicule?

Yeah...cause I'm afwaid of big ow stunnew. I don't really have a reputation for holding back but I also don't turn my back on one of my all time favorite players just to run off at the head.

So what i said how i felt at a time,
> and i dont care if its 100 percent wrong! At least
> i have the decentsy to not bring up past post
> about people just to make a statement!

Because you are like a woman. No reason and no accountability.

That im the
> man and these guys are retards? Congrats Esti you
> just made the list of aholes!

I'll take that as a compliment coming from you.

And to think i
> thought you had alot of class, and was one of the
> guys people on here could count on for decent
> info, and a person who could be relied on in times
> of need to back up statements!

Really? is that why you said I was stupid the other day?

That's right. learn to assume some responsibility for the sewage that seeps out of your mouth.

>Yes but instead of awsome post about us winning, and about the good >and bad things of the game, we get post brought up from the past that >mean nothing, but just start more gossip and irratate people more!

and there is not much more that irritates people around here as you...calling everyone names because they aren't in love with Pat White and West Virginia.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:04AM

Thunder AKA Stunner is like a bouncing ball........which everybody takes their turn hitting it upside the head...

Stunner maybe if you didnt say something like...........QUOTE IN YOUR TAGLINE......Yes stunner i knew you were right.....You were right all along......You are right all the time......QUOTE...

Or something like that more or less....

Maybe if you didnt sound so arrogant at the beginning then maybe just maybe people would take you more seriously.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:15AM

Oh well arrogant yep, wrong alot yep, does it matter? Nope, why? Well its obvious to me that you two got nothing better to do but, do what you do! Have you two made it a point to let people who irratate you, get irratated back yep! Hey im over it now? No but oh well nature of the beast, ill just post messages, and not respond to your comments.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 10:17AM by MiamiThunder.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:18AM

Stunner just talk football and squash it.

Date: August 18, 2009 10:23AM

I didnt do anything but stick up for me Mikeo and the others on here for making talking points, and Esti has to act like a ahole and call us all out on how we feel, then makes it a point to act like its our fault? When we didnt care about how Esti felt about that, by not stating to esti in directly to him? Like i said thats fine, ill just post about the Dolphins, and not respond to Esi! Yeah i think Esti stepped out of line by doing that, and owes all the names he posted a apology. I apologized when i thought i was out of line, when not sticking up for myself. SamSAM TO be honest you irrate me more than anyone on here, because you make it a point to call me out on any and everything, like what i say has any merit or meaning besides chat? I would love to just drop it and talk about the phins, but everytime i do, either you or somone else has to act like a complete arse and pull some stupid crap out of there rear ends!

Date: August 18, 2009 11:03AM

Oh...puuuuuhlleeease!!!

Didn't do anything....making fun of how we feel....boohoo!!!!

Don't act like little ms innocent that only wants to talk football.

You said what you said... now it has come back to bite you in the arse. Deal with it. I don't see anyone else crying about it.

All of my posts are on here too and I know I have been wrong about stuff....so big deal....

You are on here constantly calling people names and criticizing them for stating their opinions. You brag about how bad you are and act like "internet tough guy" and all the american athlete that could play in the NFL if if if...you bad mouth beloved former Dolphin players...

You even make not so subtle threats about wishing people lived closer to you like you are going to do something about it.

I have sat on here for the last several months watching you make an ass out of yourself and then change your name to avoid the scrutiny. I believe you have actually been kicked off once before and resurfaced under another alias....so don't act like you have done nothing wrong.

I have been ignoring you for the most part for a long time but you want to call me stupid for giving an opinion about Pat White then you deserve to be called out when you say something stupid...which is usually on a daily basis.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 18, 2009 11:08AM

eesti Wrote:

> You say balls, i say big mouth.
>
>

Now there's a line for the ages.

This thread stopped being about JT a while ago, so let's park it here.
Time to move on, fellas.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.