HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2024 Draft............
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2024 Draft............
Date: April 25, 2024 08:12AM

Miami.....your on the clock

I think the smart move if we have a partner would be to draft down. We need so much depth. Injuries killed us last season. Depth in all positions and players who could also play special teams. Add to that we don't have a 3rd or 4th rd pick.

But......if we pick at 21 At this time, I think we need to replace Howard at CB. Ramsey is not human. The very best at his position, possibly HOF bound. Guess where they are going to attack? I wish we had taller options. But at 6'1" Kool Aid Mckinstry with Ramsey as a mentor could be a shut down player.

And what's cooler then a player named Kool Aid? I already bought the shirt.......smileys with beer

What's your prediction for tonight?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2024 Draft............
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 25, 2024 10:33AM

I think they're in a decent position to pursue a number of different options. If trading down, I hope they wait to see how the board's breaking because it seems possible that runs on positions like QB & OT could push some talent down to 21 that might otherwise go a bit higher. Thinking like Brock Bowers or the DT from Texas. Not that I think either would be there...but you never know. I still remember JJ trading down from 19 to 29 in the 1998 draft way before seeing Randy Moss slide to the Vikes at 21 (and another HoF'er, Alan Faneca to PIT at 26).

I'm hoping that the combination of Fuller + Cam Smith can fortify our CB position along with Ramsey, but it's not a position I see as being "off the table" for our 1st rounder.

Guess I'm hoping there's another Jaelen Phillips for us this year, where in 2021 players like Zach Wilson, Trey Lance, Justin Fields and Mac Jones were clearly selected higher than they should have been and pushed him down for us to have the opportunity to pick him.

Date: April 25, 2024 04:57PM

So far it's been all offense. That's good news for Miami. All defense is still there. Draft down and scoop up some play makers/ special teams . Defense wins championships..........LB/ CB/DT .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2024 05:24PM

Miami on the clock.........Holy shit we have some great Oline players available .Only offensive position that makes sense. Tons of Defense......6 QBs left us a ton of options!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2024 05:48PM

Steelers nailed the Big Olinman before us.

Edge rusher......Chop Robinson. I'm OK with that. Defense wins championships. Might make an impact on special teams.......good safe pick at a position of need.

If they picked a reciever I was going to personally drive to the Stadium and crap in Ross's helicopter spot.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 25, 2024 05:55PM

Yeah, I think PIT took the OL they wanted right before. Chop Robinson sounds like there's a lot to work with and potential to unlock.

Date: April 26, 2024 04:05AM

OT Fantanu. No doubt he was a almost a Dolphin. Grier has been good picking defensive edge talent , so I'm happy with Chop. Maybe we get some Kool Aid tonight......lots of great talent available. Sucks we have no 3rd or 4th rounder.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 26, 2024 07:29AM

The 3rd rounder from the Brady/Payton tampering thing. Sheesh, glad we're done paying that stupid bill.

Date: April 26, 2024 05:54PM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The 3rd rounder from the Brady/Payton tampering
> thing. Sheesh, glad we're done paying that stupid
> bill.

Right? And you would think Ross would want to give a little back to US and give us our throwbacks and logo back. Guy is truly selfish.

WELL ITS ABOUT @#$%& TIME.
"The Dolphins selected Houston’s Patrick Paul in the second round of the NFL draft, pick No. 55.

At 6-foot-7 1/2 and 331 pounds, Paul is an experienced left tackle with 44 college starts who was a first-team All-American Athletic Conference selection three years running."

Guy looks and sounds like a beast. We havnt had much luck on the Oline but it was a huge area of need.

Thanks to Ross we have no third rounder. No 4th either.

Miami Dolphins draft picks 2024
Round 1, Pick 21 overall: Chop Robinson, linebacker, Penn State
Round 2, Pick 55 overall: Patrick Paul, offensive tackle, Houston
Round 5, Pick 158 overall:
Round 6, Pick 184 overall:
Round 6, Pick 198 overall:
Round 7, Pick 241 overall:

So far I like the picks all at areas of need. I say we go best players available throughout tommorrow. Some special teams help would be nice. Depth.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: April 27, 2024 05:54AM

Well guys I have no clue what's been going on in the off-season. I basically tuned out of football after the SB. Can someone fill me in on the FA's the team picked up?

I see we went edge and LT in the draft so far. How do you guys think Miami is looking so far between the FA's and draft picks? After Miami let Wilkins and Gink walk I pretty much had to walk away for a bit.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2024 05:56AM by 808phan.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 27, 2024 08:37AM

I like the draft so far.

Chop is a high value player. Smart, hard hitting Penn St LB. I would not mind seeing him at MLB when Chubb and Phillips return. Paul is more of a technique than brute force OT in my opinion. A pure tackle who I don't think can play guard he will need the year behind Armstead to develop. I really like Wright, he gives us another reason to keep DC up at night figuring out how to contain all of that speed we have on offense.

I would actually like us to grab 1 of 2 qbs in the 5th if they are there. Rattler(SC) or Pratt(Tulane). I really think these guys can run our offense and would make better backups than anyone on our current roster. Both make quick reads and have quick releases.

Date: April 27, 2024 11:34AM

I love everything so far. Another Pass rusher, looks like he can definitely make some way on special teams. Mohammad Kamara.

And the moved up in the 4th to grab a speedy RB. Anyone know what Miami gave up? I know we had 2 6 rounders.....

Good draft for what we had. With so many QBs taken in the first rounds it's too bad we didn't have more picks available.

Thanks again Ross.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 28, 2024 09:48AM

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 28, 2024 03:31PM

interesting draft, may save or cost Grier his job

Top 2 picks projects

May have landed the best RB in the draft most weren't looking for a RB

Malik Washington Waddles eventual replacement?

McMorris Brandon Jones replacement?

Hope Chop or Kamara can give us a rush with Chubb & Phillips out

Posted by: JC ()
Date: April 29, 2024 03:44PM

tsstamper Wrote:
> It seems like there's a lot to like about a draft
> we entered w/o picks in the 3rd & 4th round...and
> with a track record of winning seasons, we're not
> picking at the top of any rounds.
>
> Probably the one I'm most about is Patrick Paul.
> He is much larger than Armstead & Jackson, so I
> wonder how he'll translate to the OL scheme. But
> I'm not smart enough to do anything more than
> wonder there.
>
> Our 2 biggest FA losses (Wilk & Hunt) seem not to
> have been meaningfully addressed in either FA
> round 1 or the draft. Baltimore's defense had 6
> ft 355 lb Michael Pierce as the NT who started all
> 17 games, so I wonder if they'll target someone
> similar later in FA. And reports are they're
> already talking to a number of veteran guards.

Date: April 29, 2024 05:08PM

thx so much - didn't notice that it hadn't come through

Date: April 30, 2024 06:53AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
> interesting draft, may save or cost Grier his job
>
> Top 2 picks projects
>
> May have landed the best RB in the draft most
> weren't looking for a RB
>
> Malik Washington Waddles eventual replacement?
>
> McMorris Brandon Jones replacement?
>
>
> Hope Chop or Kamara can give us a rush with Chubb
> & Phillips out

Grier couldn't get it done with Wilkins. He should have signed him last season when he was cheaper. If our defense go backwards after his departure, Ross has to think about replacing him. I'm hoping for the best with the Free agents, new picks and the new coordinator we can still get it done. But replacing a guy like Wilkins.....a total distrupter mentally and physically.....a guy who never missed a start..... will be hard to replace.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.