Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Finally a look into Miami's plans for building a championship team....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Finally a look into Miami's plans for building a championship team....
Date: March 17, 2024 08:41AM

I just watched an episode Dolphins weekly. Several scouts and heads of personal are gearing up for the draft and the FA they can afford. Director of
Pro personal...Anthony Hunt stated its just fine letting go the higher paid players. Stated Miami sees only 5 Premium positions :

QB ,2 recievers on Offense,2 CBs on defense.

With TUA , Waddle and Hill and Ramsey Miami believes we are a cornerback away from elite.

It makes sense the way they treat the trenches . The Oline and the Dline has been plug and play for years......how's that worked out for us?

Miami needs a change in perspective. They need to start thinking outside the box and improve special teams and depth, coaching . Oline and Dline make and break great Offense and defense.

They did say this was a very talented Oline draft so it's encouraging they are at least recognizing it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Finally a look into Miami's plans for building a championship team....
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: April 04, 2024 02:02AM

If that's their logic then why waste first rounders on the o or d lines? If you don't value those positions then you shouldn't be spending valuable draft assets on them.

Their logic is flawed and it plays out in front of them every year with a below average oline.

All you have to do is look at the final four last year. Every one of them had great Olines.

This is why I don't like Chris Grier. He's been with this organization for 20+ years and since he's taken control, we've followed this flawed logic. He's not going to change.

Date: April 04, 2024 03:58AM

I'm starting to wake up to the fact that Grier fits the " NFL demographic " of a minority GM....but hes more interested in making a big splash . Loves players like Hill who can make big plays but discounts the hidden points that really win football games against better teams.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 04, 2024 06:46AM

These are the same geniuses that designed and executed our 5 year rebuild that fell short of expectations. Meanwhile, perennial bottom feeders like Houston and Detroit leapfrog us into the play-offs and make a splash. I don't have much hope.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 04, 2024 12:42PM

I agree on the OL side that more/better investment could have been made combining draft + FA. He's actually done somewhat better recently than when he first fully took over. At the start of the rebuild, he should have pursued a premium OL FA and a "better than average" OL FA. And then drafted somewhat similar to what he has (would have been nice to do better than Eich, but Hunt was a win and Jackson seemingly also). Those 2 initial FA would have given the OL and the offense as a whole some stability within which to grow & develop. It's basically what he did with Armstead & Williams, albeit so late that the window narrowed quite a bit.

For DL, he's drafted Wilkins & Phillips and traded for Chubb and picked up Seiler on waivers. So, 3 1st round picks (and Chubb cost us a 1st round pick+ to get, if I remember) and one whose production has far outweighed what it cost to get him.

All that said, the rebuild has certainly fallen short of at least my expectations (which don't mean much to the org). We have a far more talented roster than HOU and more talent, I believe, than DET and their team that advanced to the NFC championship game. I would have expected at least 1 playoff win each of the past 2 years and competing to get into the AFC championship game this past year. Not one & done both years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.