HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Wilkins signs with the Raiders........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Wilkins signs with the Raiders........
Date: March 11, 2024 08:45AM

4 yrs $110 million

This will haunt us. I don't even get why we put so much into the draft. When we draft Blue chip players we let them go. Team player, never hurt, always in on plays. SMH.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wilkins signs with the Raiders........
Posted by: JC ()
Date: March 11, 2024 08:50AM

agreed. and the Raiders...ugh.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: March 11, 2024 09:28AM

Grier needs to go. He could have kept him in Miami for less than what the Raiders are giving him last year. Two years of negotiations and it comes to this, just walking away and within 2 hours, KABOOM the Raiders snag him thanks to Grier's incompetence. Horrible GM.

Date: March 11, 2024 09:34AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> 4 yrs $110 million
>
> This will haunt us. I don't even get why we put so
> much into the draft. When we draft Blue chip
> players we let them go. Team player, never hurt,
> always in on plays. SMH.

The only good players that Grier manages to keep are the ones who spend half of the season hurt on the sidelines year after year. He's a piss poor GM.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: March 11, 2024 12:17PM

Regarding:

Wilkens - Im happy we did not sign him. As I stated before I think his stats were inflated by his performance against bad teams. Stats were not there against the good ones. Im sure this was seen in film reviews.

Hunt - Really wanted to retain him but not at the price Carolina paid.

Van Ginkel - A big surprise. Vikings are getting a deal if he signs at the price that is being quoted in articles. If he walks I think Weaver does not see him fitting his vision for the D. Crap happens.

I think the front office does not believe the team in its current state can not beat the Chiefs next year (I agree). Cut your losses and collect the extra compensatory picks as I said earlier.

I think we should let Connor Williams leave too, we have enough knocked up players. In free agency I think we stay away from the big price free agents and bring in a center and Edg (Clowney). I think we bring back as many as our affordable free agents as possible (Lamm, Davis, Wynn, Apple etc). Coaching has improved so I think we will lean on coaching to make up for loss of talent.

The addition of Weaver is interesting because some of the players we had in 2023 may not fit his vision.

I am not concerned w/ the losses.

Date: March 11, 2024 04:30PM

Van Ginkel is not a bargain. He only woke up the last 2 seasons because of Wilkins.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: March 12, 2024 09:59AM

Van Ginkel and Wilkins were my favorite players to watch. Durable and good football players.

Agree with what was said about Grier. Why waste a 1st on a DT if you have no intention of retaining him. They told him 17.5 was too high last year because he didn't have the sack numbers. Well, he bet on himself and won. Good for Wilkins. You only have so many opportunities to hit it big in the NFL.

We were giving the opportunity to match on Van Ginkel and declined. Instead, we signed and injury prone LB from Seattle for the same price.

When you have a revolving door at D coordinator you get upheaval. Grier promised the fan base, 6 years ago when the rebuild began, that it would be done the right way through the draft and we would be perennial super bowl contenders. He punted on the rebuild and went into win now mode when he traded for Hill. Grier is a liability and should have been shown the door with Flores...his signature hire.

Date: March 12, 2024 10:46AM

SIGH. Anyway you look at it Wilkins is a huge loss. I'm afraid Miami is going to see the hard way in ways he contributed that you couldn't give a stat.

What's done is done. Huge loss but I'm not going to wish failure on my team.

I can't even tell you where to start looking at the draft. My go to answer is Oline oline oline.......except now Our Dline just got a huge hole to could drive Lizzo through.as well.

confused smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: March 12, 2024 11:38AM

Wilkens, Hunt, Van Ginkel, B. Jones, X,.......All gone! Miami hasn't made that big splash that they usually do every year; no cap space to do so. What I am saying is....no Super Bowl this season, and probably not for a couple more seasons, at least. However, I do believe there will be a winning season, but no playoffs. Playoffs???

Date: March 12, 2024 12:39PM

I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets finish with a better record than Miami next season. Seriously. I hope I'm wrong though. As it was said though, hopefully the new coordinator & coaching will make up for the lost talent.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.