HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Draft
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Draft
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 29, 2024 09:35AM

It has been thrown around that the Fins should trade out of the first round.

To me, that is a yes and no. Yes, as long as the trading partner is in the top 5 or 10 picking in the second round. Miami should get more than the second rounder, and it should be round 3 or 4, or another 2nd round pick in the next draft. No, if a player that is high on Miami's board and it is a position of need (and best of) is there.

Bottom line, Miami needs as many picks as they can get. Problem is, latest reports have Miami at $58M+ in salary hell. They have a lot of work to do.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Draft
Date: January 29, 2024 09:50AM

2 ways to look at this.

1st.......we were a contender. Just a few pieces short.....we can pull off a few good luxury picks.

2nd........ We are in Salary cap hell. Got to dump some bodies and make room for cheaper players. Get as many picks as possible.

I'm assuming it's gonna be a little bit of both. If they know a sure thing at 21.....we take him. Otherwise let it roll.....the Pats didn't have any 1st rounders for yrs and were always competitive.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 31, 2024 02:58AM

Draft is in April so we have lots of time to speculate. Who remains and who is healthy will be critical to our drafting needs. End rushing may be a heavy focus since our guys are still ailing. Running out of edge rushers in December is akin to a baker running out of flour / yeast while making Christmas pastries.

I'd keep the 21 spot for now and see how thing develop.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: February 08, 2024 11:57AM

Hopefully the resign Wilkins, Williams, and Hunt before the draft. If so I'd still take that C out of Oregon at 21 if he's still available. Move Williams back to LG.

That what I want. What I expect is Grier to take a WR or DB at 21 and neglect the Oline once again.

Date: February 09, 2024 04:51AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hopefully the resign Wilkins, Williams, and Hunt
> before the draft. If so I'd still take that C out
> of Oregon at 21 if he's still available. Move
> Williams back to LG.
>
> That what I want. What I expect is Grier to take
> a WR or DB at 21 and neglect the Oline once again.

Lol. I agree......but if we dump X like I expect a DB is kinda important. Here's how I see it......X was a 3rd rounder. Achane 3rd rounder.I don't care where we get a Center.....as long as the pick hits. We picked several Olinemen in 1st and 2nd rounds that sucked like Stormy Daniels. We have to hit on some linemen where ever they are picked.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: February 12, 2024 09:36AM

What's with the obsession from Mock Drafts having Miami drafting a TE? We have 2 or 3 TEs already on the roster. Smythe is pretty good. McDaniel hardly utilizes the TE position, anyway.

Miami has too many other holes to fill.

DJ, from NFLN, whom I respect, has Miami selecting a WR. A defensive or offensive lineman is who I would go after with Miami's first pick.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.