HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Super Bowl, 49ers vs Chiefs. Whom to root for
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Super Bowl, 49ers vs Chiefs. Whom to root for
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 29, 2024 05:54AM

I can see good and bad in both teams winning:

IF THE 49ERS WIN:

It will stick in my craw because I've been pissed off at that team ever since they beat us during the 1984 season. And jeez that's the last time we've been to the Super Bowl. Plus my girlfriend at the time was from the Bay Area and was a fan of theirs. Needless to say, we broke up. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

However, Brian Griese would get another ring (as QB coach) leading the success story of Brock Purdy. And, Taylor Swift fans everywhere will cry.

IF THE CHIEFS WIN:

Patrick Mojones will get his third SB win, and will be on his way to catching all-time cheating whiny bastard Tom Brady's seven rings. Andy Reid will get his third SB win and will be on his way to catching all-time cheating bastard Bill Belicheat's six rings.

However, Taylor Swift fans everywhere will rejoice. And, conspiracy theories will abound ("NFL is rigged, that's why Taylor Swift's boyfriend won"winking smiley.

grinning smiley. what do you think?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Super Bowl, 49ers vs Chiefs. Whom to root for
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 29, 2024 07:31AM

I had to listen to my father in law brag about his 49ers in the 80's. I can't stand them after the Dolphins lost that Super Bowl.

And then there's the whole Talor Swift thing with the Chiefs that drives me nuts.

I would have preferred Ravens & Lions. I don't like either the 49ers or Chiefs, but at least Brock Purdy was a huge Marino fan and Dan is his role model which is why he wears 13. I guess I'll put my 80's grudge aside and root for him.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2024 07:33AM by 808phan.

Date: January 29, 2024 09:56AM

I hate the niners. Can't ever root for that city. F em.

Never used to have an issue with the Chiefs, but Patrick has slowly become a self absorbed whining little bitch. And the whole NFL fake swift B.S. to get kids to tune in. I hate to see the NFL profit greatly off of it.

I really thought the Lions were gonna win it all. If my boys don't come home It may just skip it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 29, 2024 10:16AM

I also would have preferred to see Detroit vs Baltimore. Two very blue-collar, non-prosperous cities would have something to cheer about.

Fun facts also that our Dolphins have roots in Baltimore (albeit the Colts franchise, not the Ravens). Shula, Earl Morrall, Don Nottingham, Norm Bulaich, all came from Baltimore to Miami back in the 1970s

AND re Detroit, the last time they won an NFL Championship was the pre-super bowl area, and just guess who was their coach in 1957 when they last won it all? None other than George Wilson, the original coach of the Miami Dolphins, who had....ahem...considerably less success in Miami than he did in Detroit.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 02:59PM

I don't get all the hate for TS. I'm not a Swiftie nor would I recognize any of her music if it came up on the radio but, I see nothing nefarious about her showing up to games.
After all, we had Gloria Esteban and the Williams sisters.
I like the Chefs because of Andy Reed, he's a class act.

Date: January 30, 2024 04:57AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't get all the hate for TS. I'm not a Swiftie
> nor would I recognize any of her music if it came
> up on the radio but, I see nothing nefarious about
> her showing up to games.
>

I don't hate her either. But I gather that the complaint is not that she shows up to the games, it's that they FREQUENTLY put her on camera when she shows up to the games. And for that reason it'd be slightly amusing for them to put the camera on her if Kelce drops the winning touchdown pass and the Chiefs lose the super bowl. But overall I think I'd rather the Chiefs win for reasons stated above.

Date: January 30, 2024 05:32AM

TS clearly doesn't like the attention at football games every time the Chefs score. Sometime celebrities like their space when not performing. I think it's kind of cool that she would make time for the mothers of Kelcy and Mahomes and other family members in the stands. She seems to be a genuinely good role model with no tattoos, piercings, risqué lyrics or, scandals.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 30, 2024 11:45AM

Chiefs. Swifts solid w/ me, not exactly a fan but she's done no wrong. Shows up and watch her man and the nfl can not miss an opportunity when it comes to promoting themselves. Regarding kids, the NFL Nickelodeon commercials annoy me more.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 30, 2024 11:45AM

Chiefs. Swifts solid w/ me, not exactly a fan but she's done no wrong. Shows up and watch her man and the nfl can not miss an opportunity when it comes to promoting themselves. Regarding kids, the NFL Nickelodeon commercials annoy me more.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 31, 2024 02:47AM

I have no animosity toward either team based on past games played between other teams including our Dolphins. As for Taylor Swift, I only know one of her tunes, "Shake it off." Other than that...crickets. Her attraction to Kelce is okay by me but I too dislike the excessive coverage of her on TV at games. We, the fans of football don't need to see who she is giggling with, how she jumps up and down, who she is talking to, hugging and so on. It matters not to me. The hoopla the NFL is giving her is agenda driven and that does bother me. Marketing Swift to gain more NFL attention is too in your face and that's a rub.

The personality of Mahomes is coming out more that he is being seen on so many commercials. The guy is a fantastic player no getting around that, and his stardom is coupled to Kelce, but for Kelce making ridiculous catches, Mahomes would still be great but not spectacular. Purdy is a tremendous find for the 49ers...we should be so lucky. I like the 49ers and they play like I'd like to see the Dolphins play. So, I am probably leaning more for the 49ers not because of all the SB history successes, but because Purdy is the type of QB I like to see running a team. He appears to be thankful and humble, whereas, Mahomes is now full of himself and forgotten how to act more humbly.

Date: January 31, 2024 08:15AM

Just curious......and I have no proof of this.......but would you feel the same about Taylor Swift if you found out it was all a fake romance? All contrived to up the profits of companies like Peacock ( who is a big shareholder of Swift and provides TV programming for her followers)who were given all access to our Dolphins without a care in the world to the fans . And......because of the amount of money riding on that game changed the time and went ahead with a game that should have been put off in severe - degree weather.

Still have no problem with Swift?,watch how long that romance lasts after the season. The NFL wanted the Chiefs . They are the new Patriots. Not saying it was rigged.....but if they won they would just do it again with another team. ( meaning promote another team). Could be the Jets or the Bills next.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 31, 2024 10:34AM

Seeing SF there is both encouraging & discouraging. Offensively, we share a ton with them in terms of approach. But, on both sides of the ball, there's still a sizable gap of talent overall.

Excluding Tua vs. Purdy, cuz I think they're actually pretty similar (tho Purdy costs a whole lot less).

- Williams > Armstead
- CMC > our RBs
- Kittle > Smythe
- Bosa & Chase > Chubb & Phillips
- Warner > our LBs

IDL and S are probably a toss-ups.

CB & WR we may be better. I'm saying may be because their mix of WR seems more able to contribute in more varied ways, hence less susceptible to being neutralized...so may be more of a toss-up.

Here we are $50M over the cap for 2024 and they're playing in the SB and only $3.7M over for 2024. It's like we paid a lot more overall to have lesser talent at a lot of key positions.

Date: February 01, 2024 05:53AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Just curious......and I have no proof of
> this.......but would you feel the same about
> Taylor Swift if you found out it was all a fake
> romance? All contrived to up the profits of
> companies like Peacock ( who is a big shareholder
> of Swift and provides TV programming for her
> followers)who were given all access to our
> Dolphins without a care in the world to the fans .
> And......because of the amount of money riding on
> that game changed the time and went ahead with a
> game that should have been put off in severe -
> degree weather.
>
> Still have no problem with Swift?,watch how long
> that romance lasts after the season. The NFL
> wanted the Chiefs . They are the new Patriots. Not
> saying it was rigged.....but if they won they
> would just do it again with another team. (
> meaning promote another team). Could be the Jets
> or the Bills next.

I think you're reading way too much into it. Celebrities sometimes date other celebrities. Tom Brady was married to a Hollywood starlet before he married Giselle. Aaron Rodgers dated Danica Patrick before he dated Olivia Munn and the more recent starlet, her name escapes me. Gretsky married a Hollywood starlet.
Even Sarah Palin was dating a hockey player after her divorce from her husband.
Not everything is a conspiracy. More power to Kelcy. TS is a hot little number that I'd love to put over my knee and spank, ever so gently.

Date: February 01, 2024 07:22AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
>
> Tom
> Brady was married to a Hollywood starlet before he
> married Giselle.

No, not exactly. Not married to a Hollywood Starlet. He KNOCKED UP a Hollywood Starlet then they broke up while she was pregnant with his child, and he immediately took up with the Model. Class act that he is.

Date: February 01, 2024 08:14AM

But we didn't have Tom Brady .....don't even know who he knocked up....he wasnt 24/7 thru every gameAnd he has a child and a divorce to prove it was legit. I have no proof but I do believe it's contrived. My only real suspicious fact is Peacock was sold the rights to the Chiefs game , coincidentally that same company helped produce the last Swift concert movie.Another movie perhaps? All of reality TV is scripted.

I'd hate to see this become a trend. Imagine companies like Amazon buying games and force feeding us whatever it is they are trying to hock.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 02, 2024 06:56AM

I could care less who Kelce is doinking. I just got tired of the cameras constantly panning to her with her mouth agape like a blowup doll.

@ Treasure -
Ya it really seems like there was something fishy with Peacock and the NFL trying to cash in on TS. That's the perception I had.

Date: February 02, 2024 09:18AM

808phan Wrote:
> I could care less who Kelce is doinking. I just
> got tired of the cameras constantly panning to her
> with her mouth agape like a blowup doll.
>
> @ Treasure -
> Ya it really seems like there was something fishy
> with Peacock and the NFL trying to cash in on TS.
> That's the perception I had.

Absolutely. Most NFL fans couldn't give a crap about this stuff. But it's BS when as a resident of South Florida, we lose the game and are forced to buy it? Just so they have content for a made for TV
fake romance reality Show?

I'll get off my soap box. It let's you know what the NFL has become
and what they think of us. Watch and see how this plays out.

That said , the City of SF has become IMO one of the most disgusting cities in America. I'll stop there. I just can't watch either team at this point. If my boys are both here I'll have it on and just cook. I'll take any excuse to get us all together. If not I'll be skipping it.

Funny......I actually had money put aside incase Miami made it . I went from possibly attending the game to not even viewing it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2024 09:25AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: February 02, 2024 12:05PM

> I went from possibly attending the
> game to not even viewing it.

Funny you mention that because I'm getting together with some friends. We'd set the date months ago with none of us realizing it was Super Bowl Sunday. Some of the guys are baseball fans and a couple of them are hockey fans (this is the Boston area). Just this week the guy organizing our get-together said to me 'hey this is actually during the Super Bowl...is that okay with you?' Yep! I'm good, no need to re-schedule!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: February 03, 2024 05:45AM

F that whiny bitch Mahomes and the sellout $hit bag Kelce. Sick of both their faces on every damn channel for every damn product, from insurance to the jab.

Go NINERS! I'd like to see Purdy go all the way, that kid can ball unlike flatfoot one read Tua.

Date: February 03, 2024 12:04PM

That's the only good point I see as well. Purdy is definitely a great find. I love players like him that just say F U to all the pundits and out play were they were drafted. Good luck to him. But I'll still probably sit this one out.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: February 03, 2024 01:44PM

Hosting my brother's and my cousin's families. Like Treasure, I'll likely be cooking and making sure the experience is a good one for all. The game will likely be largely a background bit to a good family gathering.

Date: February 03, 2024 03:57PM

chatafkup Wrote:
> F that whiny bitch Mahomes and the sellout $hit
> bag Kelce. Sick of both their faces on every damn
> channel for every damn product, from insurance to
> the jab.
>
> Go NINERS! I'd like to see Purdy go all the way,
> that kid can ball unlike flatfoot one read Tua.

LOL!!!

What an epic post, I can't stop laughing my ass off thumbs up smileys with beer

Date: February 07, 2024 06:32AM

I just got invited to a "Haters Gonna Hate Taylor Swift Super Bowl LVIII Party."

The invitation says I can "mingle with fellow Swifties" (ummm.what mailing list did I get on?) and also football fans.

there will be Taylor-themed cocktails, appetizers, and desserts.

Should I go?

(Don't worry, I won't)

Date: February 07, 2024 04:21PM

Kicker for me? Do you know who discovered Taylor? Toby Kieth. He personally signed her to his label when she was like 14.

He died from Cancer 2 days ago. She hasn't said a word.

Shes a corporate shill for all the big companies. I'm not watching a minute of this one.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.