HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Fangio is out!!!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Fangio is out!!!
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 24, 2024 01:23PM

Vic Fangio is out of Miami on mutual consent. Part of the reason is so he can be closer to family and another reason is his poor relationship with his players.

The hunt for a new DC is now on.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fangio is out!!!
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 24, 2024 06:00PM

The Titans loss comes to mind. His soft zone "prevent" scheme giving up 2 TD's with 2:45 left to play was an epic failure. It "prevented" Miami from clinching the division after the Dallas win.

Date: January 24, 2024 06:41PM

Definitely did not live up to his reputation. I knew something was up when after he announced he was signing with us he took about 2 weeks to report and rumors were he was signing elsewhere. Don't think his heart is in it. It showed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 26, 2024 02:34AM

NEXT!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 26, 2024 04:09AM

I just read an interview with an insider that said that Fangio wanted out because the Dolphins are a dumpster fire and that McD has no control over the locker room. Take it with a grain of salt but, where there's smoke there's fire.
Lots of finger pointing about the collapse at the end of the season.

Date: January 26, 2024 04:16AM

Fangino is an older guy, was used to a different atmosphere. My biggest concern after getting Wilkins signed is McDaniels. The more I think about it, the more I see he's not the guy. He's the guy in September high giving and singing M&M when they Shred a bad team. But in December on a freezing cold day he's got nothing. No motivation or control.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 26, 2024 04:33AM

That was my read also. Fangio is an old school professional who has earned high marks for being one of the best at what he does. I'm sure he resented working under someone that he considered "footballwise" on par with a cheerleader. Evidently, the insane amount of money that he was making was not enough to make him stay.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 26, 2024 11:43AM

From what I have read, Fangio always wanted to go to Philly, and now he has. Many Dolphins' players on D had no problem with him leaving.

Date: January 26, 2024 12:37PM

That's what we were told about Flores also after the fact. Bottom line, in the middle of the season the D was rated top 10 and then top 5 so, why were some players indifferent about him leaving? Was he a disciplinarian? Was he hardnosed or, did he not go along with the "Country Club" culture at practice?
Personally, I didn't get the impression that he was too thrilled to come to Miami in the first place.

Date: January 27, 2024 05:47AM

He was the highest paid DC in the league. I bet there's more to it than him just quitting.

From observing them play there were times in some defensive formations that player match ups made me think wtf??? Especially when it came to defending an opponents WR1, and those were the plays when the D got burned.

It's as if our best guy against their best guy didn't matter much to him. It doesn't seem like they were allowed to "shadow" anyone and couldn't do shit about it. Perhaps that's what some of the players didn't like.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: January 27, 2024 07:07AM

Im w/ the Fangio just didn't want to be in MIA club. Disenchantment w/ your job breeds discontent. Guys like that start to have issues w/ their head coach, assistants, players etc. They need to go.

Pro players like discipline contrary to rumors. They know it takes discipline to win. Being an ahole is a different story, having a 'doghouse' doesn't work in this day. Keeping a player sidelined in your 'doghouse' when you have a need at the position is immature. Veterans see that and don't like it.

Bye bye Fangio.

I wonder why they are showing no interest in Martindale?

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 28, 2024 02:23AM

Good riddance. Need a new set of ideas from a progressive younger coach, not some old fossil who's schemes worked "sometimes".

Date: January 28, 2024 07:42AM

Defense isn't what it used to be. Rules and referees have changed to "protect" players now at all costs. Defense need to be disciplined to not cause penalties but still be affective, That's a fine line to tow.

My biggest observation is Miami "Vangino" didn't change week to week. You have to be able to morph and change directions depending on what other teams are giving you. Belichick was the best at correcting things at half time and coming back out and shutting you down.

You cant blitz everyweek.You cant play prevent when your only up 14 points and teams are scoring one you and converting 2 points after a touchdown.

Recognize shifts to the left and right and a QB should never be able to run without paying for it. Zack Thomas said that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: February 02, 2024 04:14AM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Vic Fangio is out of Miami on mutual consent. Part
> of the reason is so he can be closer to family and
> another reason is his poor relationship with his
> players.
>
> The hunt for a new DC is now on.

Don't forget to add he's an old school, narrow minded DC that is easily figured out. I am glad he's gone.

Date: February 02, 2024 06:42AM

@ chata I wholeheartedly agree.

Fangio was the equivalent to the Apple iPhone version 1.0 back in the day. Since then there's been 17 ios versions and he's still stuck on v1.0.

Date: February 04, 2024 03:47AM

He had Miami's defense rated #4 by game 17, he will be missed when Miami regresses next season.

Date: February 04, 2024 11:18AM

Miami only regresses if they let key personnel leave. Resign Wilkins, Van Ginkel. That's a priority.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: February 04, 2024 01:43PM

I read an article that Fangio was going to try and get the Eagles to sign some of Miami's free agent that he considers hard workers and dedicated and, Van Ginckel was at the top of the list along with one of the safeties. No mention of Wilkins so, maybe he was one of the goof-offs.

Date: February 04, 2024 04:09PM

Lol. Did you even know that Van Ginkel has been a Miami Dolphin for 5 yrs already? Never heard of him until we drafted Wilkins. Wilkins gets double teamed and opens a path for Van Gickel especially on blitzes. I'd they don't resign Wilkins , Van Gickel becomes ordinary.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.