HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v Chiefs: Game Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v Chiefs: Game Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 12, 2024 01:54PM

The weather folks are not smiling favorably for this match up. Weather will be tough on all players and I surely hope no one succumbs to a terrible injury because of the cold and potentially icy field.

As a teen, I played MLB and hurt my right hip while playing on an icy field. The ball carrier came right at me and when I ran toward him to make the tackle my right foot didn't plant but slipped just as I hit the runner. I did a split...had to be carried off the field. For months, I had trouble lifting my foot high enough to walk up stairs or to walk up a curb. Now at 75, I am feeling pain in my right hip every time I stand up.

Injured Dolphins on IR will have an effect on the performance of the team. At this moment, I don't know who is playing what or where. This could be another embarrassment...however, the lousy weather may limit everyone's talent. The NFL running this 8pm game on Peacock is "horse hockey" to quote Colonel Potter. This is a prime time game and many fans don't want to sign up with Peacock--something the NFL and NBC would like for monetary reasons, I believe--but playing that card with the cost of living high is a BS thing to do, IMO. Shame on them!

Living in South Florida, the game is being covered by our local channel. For some of you in other locales, it may be appropriate to visit a sports bar that will likely have the game on a few screens. Again, bad treatment for both sets of fans. Way to go NFL.

Anyway...Go Dolphins play to win!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v Chiefs: Game Thread
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 12, 2024 04:35PM

I will be rooting for the boys as always, but more interested to see the weather!

In SoCal we only see this extreme weather in books or on tvspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 13, 2024 06:31AM

I was at Arrowhead on 12/21/2008 when the Phins came to town on a day where the high only reached 12 degrees. So cold someone just gave me and my brother seats +/-5 rows from the field. We won 38-31. Totally different teams, of course.

I think our run game gives us a chance. Would be nice if somehow they could adjust the passing game a bit to emphasize some shorter routes (which I think would be better in the conditions).

Date: January 13, 2024 11:49AM

I lived in NYC for 32 yrs. Coldest I've ever experienced was single digits. 8-9* with a wind chill of -5.

Long John's, then sweats , and Carharts . I couldn't imagine playing a game in that shit.fans Watching in that shit almost deserve a win.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 13, 2024 01:06PM

3 things

Whoever

1. Can run the football

2. Has less penalties

3. Has the least turnovers..

Will win game.

Imho there are going to be a lot of mistakes in this game. Hoping it goes our way.

GO PHINS!

Date: January 13, 2024 01:16PM

I agree. Our defense needs to man up and make some turn overs. We need all 3 backs able to run it up thier asses out of thier mouths.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 13, 2024 02:06PM

This game should have been moved or postponed like the Steelers/Bills game. We've lost enough players to injury already and this is just completely asinine.

And then to top it off it's only televised on a streaming service that you have to subscribe to...Really NFL? Really? Kiss my ass NFL.

Date: January 13, 2024 03:30PM

That's why they are refusing to postpone it. It's all about Taylorswift. Peacock planned it.......to cash in on her fans. They have been cutting to her whenever they can. It's pathetic.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 13, 2024 03:32PM

Dolphins look pathetic as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 13, 2024 03:41PM

Pssssssst.......TUA

You don't impress in a contract year with
another INT in the 1st Qr.

sad smiley
Your Agent

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: phins169 ()
Date: January 13, 2024 03:45PM

Well, time to start looking at next year. I know I'm new here but I posted a little bit on the Phinszone site and stated there that I would not give Tua a long term contract. I am now leaning toward finding a new QB.

Date: January 13, 2024 04:12PM

I know its cold.......But ....... come on.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 13, 2024 04:47PM

Well so far it is not terrible. Tua has zero mobility like Rothleseberger his last geriatric year,

Keep running

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: January 13, 2024 04:50PM

We are in a better position right now than I thought we might be.

I think we need to keep running the ball and keep from getting too cute in the passing game and we get back into this game.

I'm more encouraged now than I was before the start of the game.

GO PHINS!!!!

Date: January 13, 2024 04:52PM

I've been watching the game...lucky I guess. NBC and Peacock--Taylor Swift--not good for football--too damn greedy.

We can't move the ball. Our defense is holding it's own and the weather is effecting both teams. However, the Chiefs have a dynamic QB and that factor will be the difference IMO.

The score is 16-3; we have a chance to get back in the game, but from what I've seen, we need luck, lots of it.

I am not sure why we simply didn't take a knee and go in the locker but threw passes that could have really back fired for us. Time for plan B on offense and see if we can move the ball and get a couple of TDs.

Date: January 13, 2024 05:26PM

Well, this second half is a total disaster on offense in the 2nd half. Total waste of a good defensive effort, especially given all the defensive injuries.

They just can't do ANYTHING, Very frustrating as the O doesn't seem to be competing. Seems we are headed for another wasted season.

Date: January 13, 2024 05:35PM

Well pretty much F Tua and his hopes of being the answer. He has proven to be terrible under ANY adversity or major challenge.

Perfect circumstance, shitty team he shines,

Yeah players are hurt, but he fails to lead period

Date: January 13, 2024 05:49PM

See all of you next year.

This was fun to start the year, then we got majorly exposed, and then all of the injuries. I know all teams have injuries, but ours were excessive this year. I'm surprised we made it to the playoffs.

We have one more year before the salary cap cripples this team, here's hope for one more season for the team as it was pre-injury.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 13, 2024 05:57PM

Absolute pathetic play calling by McDaniels. The honeymoon IS OVER.

Date: January 13, 2024 06:28PM

Season over. Tua was on the ropes because of the weather and his inability to put any zip on the ball. Also, play calling was poor. Tua doesn't have the arm, mobility and physical toughness to excel against good teams. This is evident.

++++

For all the players that are injured, I wish you all a speedy recovery.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 14, 2024 06:19AM

phins169 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, time to start looking at next year. I know
> I'm new here but I posted a little bit on the
> Phinszone site and stated there that I would not
> give Tua a long term contract. I am now leaning
> toward finding a new QB.

Welcome to the board!

Yep our season is over but stick around to chat about the rest of the playoffs followed by the favorite topic of many —- the draft.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 14, 2024 12:06PM

Hey, we did score 7 points. cool smiley

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 14, 2024 02:07PM

Sorry I didn't watch the game guys. I couldn't cave in to the romance that the NFL has with Taylor Swift and Peacock. I've seen enough of her blowup doll mouth agape to last a lifetime already.

I had already accepted the fact that Miami was not there yet to be a division winning playoff caliber team. At least they earned two wildcard games two years straight instead of just hoping for a winning record so that's an improvement.

Now it's time to heal, fix things, and
hope for better results next season.

Date: January 15, 2024 12:43PM

Good for you. F the NFL , Peacock and especially PR crap like the Swift thing can blow me.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 16, 2024 03:48AM

I learned that Peacock was part of my cable tv package. But I still didn’t watch. grinning smiley

Date: January 16, 2024 05:48AM

So it looks like Mojones , Swift and company are traveling to Buffalo next week.

As much a I cannot stand buffalo fans, I’m a bit curious as to how they will treat the future Mr. Swift and Patrick Mojones. Maybe they’ll postpone the game again to make sure everybody can get there comfortably.

Date: January 16, 2024 08:23AM

Taylor Swift in Buffalo. She just needs a lower back Tatty to fit right in.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.