HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bills v. Dolphins: SNF game thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bills v. Dolphins: SNF game thread
Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 08, 2024 02:42AM

While I agree in general with the above posts about what will happen next week, after this game part of me thinks that I’d rather go to KC to play against Taylor Swift and Patrick Mojones than play another away-game-at-home against the bills.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: January 08, 2024 04:40AM

What a let down but, as a long suffering phins fan, expected.

I defended them against the narrative but they were right. We were 1-5 against teams with winning records and a -91 point differential.

We're a finesse/timing oriented offense that fails to produce against good team. Dropping 70 on denver is neat but they ain't in the playoffs.

I like Tua but I think he's hit his ceiling. Ball out against weaker opponents, shrink against good teams and in primetime. Until he proves them wrong he is what he is.

The mash unit d did its' job giving up 14. The O is supposed to be our strength and continually folds with the game on the line.

Not sure what the answers are but I think exploring legit competition for Tua is a must. Great guy but has proven again and again he can't adjust if the timing is off. If the Bears move on from Fields I think he would thrive in this offense and he would give us an added dimension with his legs. Outside of him, I don't know any of the draft eligible QBs.

We almost have to extend Tua to lower his cap number. I hope they do that in a team friendly way.

Up 3 with 5 to play and we collapsed once again. New coach, new system, new players...same results. It's difficult to stay positive when you know the soul crushing is right around the corner.

Date: January 08, 2024 05:06AM

Do not make him the highest paid QB in the NFL. Offer him a fair contract with incentives for playing a full season.

Manning, Elway were far from top form when they won superbowls in thier last seasons.

Get TUA a stud center , extra depth.

Get a stud Corner to play with Ramsey. Another DE , middle linebacker. Go big strong durable instead of lightning fast.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 08, 2024 05:39AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah-PEACOCK. Just won't do it. Coverage may be
> local to us in South Florida.
>
> I can understand why Hollingsworth gets excited
> watching Josh Allen play, the guy makes plays, is
> big and quite athletic, and has an abundance of
> confidence to step it up two notches when the game
> is on the line. Unfortunately, Tua has none of
> these qualities.

The size and toughness differences is unmistakable. Put Allen in a situation where he has to win and he finds a way even if it means sacrificing himslef for the team. Tua would end up in the tent and on the sideline. McDaniels won't allow his golden boy to do it.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 08, 2024 07:08AM

Ideal would have actually been a tie - we would have maintained the #2 seed and all that comes with it, but would have hosted the Steelers, sans TJ Watt.

But, I'm with you. I think it's actually better for us to take our chances w/KC for a playoff win. I have no illusions that we'd make it far in the playoffs even if we do pull off the road win next week...but I simply feel we have a better chance this week not playing Buffalo.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 08, 2024 07:46AM

Not having both Waddle, Hill, and Mostert playing together makes a difference on offense. At this point this team is a patchwork of players due to so many injuries.

As for Tua, he did a good job against Dallas to get the team in position for a win. This offense needs all their starters to make everything click, especially against really good teams. Add that this team is missing good players on defense too and it's a recipe for disaster.

I realistically did not think Miami would win this game before it even started. I'm not even pissed they lost. What pisses me off is all the injuries. It's just too much to overcome. Hill wasn't even in the game on the last play because he took a big hit the play before.

On to KC next week, the NFL can suck my Peacock. I already have Prime and NFL network and if that isn't good enough well too bad.

Date: January 08, 2024 04:18PM

I forgot to mention a huge problem with this team:

Special teams. Very inadequate squad.

We had this team on its knees until that 100 yd TD run.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.