Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We're in trouble if we have to play a road game in the playoffs.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We're in trouble if we have to play a road game in the playoffs.
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 31, 2023 11:50AM

This team embarrasses us EVERY TIME we have a big-time game in prime time or on the road. The whole football world was watching today, and we BLEW the opportunity. Badly. Again. We haven't been able to beat a good team on the road yet.
1. Do we consider firing Vic Fangio? The defense never showed up today, and he has used some form of a prevent defense several times this year. It cost us the game against the Titans, and it damn near cost us the game against the Plowboys. Nobody uses the prevent anymore because all it does is prevent winning.
2. We now have a severely depleted pass rush- if we're not careful next week, Josh Allen will have a field day.
3. If I hear that braindead idiot Omar Kelly mention Tua and the term 'MVP' in the same sentence this week, I'm going to find him and punch him dead in his face. He IS the founder and mouthpiece of those morons known as 'TUANON', and he -and they -are totally unable to see reality. I'm heartily sick of it. Tua was NEVER in the conversation.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We're in trouble if we have to play a road game in the playoffs.
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 31, 2023 01:42PM

This team is so beat to shit that they should just give the division to Buffalo and rest every starter next week. It's not like they'll survive past the 1st or 2nd round anyway. With so many players injured this team is lucky to even have clinched a wildcard. Is it me just guessing or has this team been decimated by injuries more than every other team? That's what it seems like.

Fangio is garbage. I don't care what anyone says, his pass defense ways are outdated. You are absolutely right, that Titans loss was on him and his stupid "prevent" scheme that's totally ineffective. This division should have been cliched last week.

McDaniel doesn't have the balls to fire Fangio. I would hope he at least has them to tell Fangio to wake the f up but I doubt that too. He's too nice when he shouldn't be. Somebody needs to say something though, There comes a time when you just can't pretend that everything is okay the way it is. End of rant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2023 02:48PM by 808phan.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 31, 2023 03:38PM

I’m sure on hard knocks mcdaniels will come up with some rah rah speech how it’s ok to suck and they’ll recover next week”.

Sometimes I’m like F this team spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 31, 2023 04:54PM

chatafkup Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I’m sure on hard knocks mcdaniels will come up
> with some rah rah speech how it’s ok to suck and
> they’ll recover next week”.
>
> Sometimes I’m like F this team spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Yep, I can already hear it. He'll say "it's good that we got our asses beat to hell because it'll make us better next week".

This team might as well be renamed the Walking Dead already.

Date: January 01, 2024 10:15AM

We were flying high until the injury bug started at that Jets game in Jersey. Players dropping like flies since then. I think we could have beaten anybody had we stayed healthy. But then again our coaching needs to be better , There doesn't seem to be many corrections going into the halftime , just do more of what you do......until you get carted off the field.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 01, 2024 10:27AM

No corrections can be done when you have backups like Duke riley getting beat over and over.

I agree if wewere healthy then we could beat anybody. But injuries is what derailed this season.

It has happened over and over in years passed.

So whoever is most healthy and get on a roll wins the superbowl.

We are not healthy enough to even win another game this year.

It's been a trend of bad luck, no capable qbs ect ever since marino retired.

The jinx has to end one day.

Go phins.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: January 01, 2024 10:29AM

That was not a knock on tua.

We wouldn't be in the playoffs without him.

Date: January 01, 2024 11:59AM

Yes guys the injuries have severely affected this team. The starting o-line hasn't played together since week 2. Both Waddle and Hill getting hurt. I saw Waddle catching passes across the middle that looked like suicide if he caught them but he caught them anyway. I'm not even surprised he got hurt.

And then of course the defense is nothing but patchwork. And then there's Fangio's soft zone prevent style scheme that gets torched whenever he has them in it. Way too much open space, I also cringe when he expects LB's to cover WR1's lined up in the slot. I've made it pretty obvious that I'm not a big fan of him.

We are very fortunate to have at least clinched a wildcard. My expectations are not much against the Bills. There's just too much adversity due to injuries that this team is dealing with. I'll actually be quite shocked if they can pull of a win against Buffalo even though it's at home.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy new year.

Date: January 01, 2024 12:36PM

I'll say something positive. I never thought I'd see a season where TUA started every game. Just didn't think he was capable in today's NFL.

Hes had an incredible season. 5 yrs ago we were all hoping and praying for a QB half as good.

I was wrong about him , he's an elite NFL QB , but when his top targets all get hurt he's got limits.

Oline coach deserves serious respect. This unit is playing way over its head this season. Actually a solid unit with so many players out. Others stepping up.

Defense is fast but gets beat up by more Physical teams. Titans were a good example of that.

Bills should have one more beat down in them . We are fighting with 1 hand behind our back.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: January 01, 2024 01:26PM

Hold up your hand if anyone here would have bet money on the Fins defeating the Ravens (my hand is not up). I, thankfully, did not watch the game. I vowed after the Titans game to record the Miami games that are on tv and watch it later, depending on the outcome. Gonna (probably) do the same vs Buffalo.

This Miami team has followed in the footsteps of many past Miami teams. Play well until crunch time, then don't show up. Watching the scoreboard, I thought Miami's practice squad were the one's playing the Ravens. I knew Miami would not win the game, but I truly didn't think it would be this bad.

With all the injuries and the way Miami has played against quality teams, I don't expect much vs Buffalo. Granted, Miami usually does pretty well at home, but not this time. It will be one-and-done in the playoffs.

This Miami team had the talent to make a run at the Super Bowl, but starting next year, not so much; many players will be looking for new contracts, which means a lot of them will be moving on. Some of those need to move on - X being one of them. He is constantly injured along with his play falling off.

Chubb is out for the season and part of next season; Tua hurt his throwing shoulder; no update on Waddle, etc.

Oh well, the Fins did give us some impressive moments this season, so I'm thankful for that.

The upcoming game vs the Bills would not be for the AFC East if they had defeated the Titans, so they put themselves in this hole.

I do wish for Miami to beat Buffalo (of course), but....

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 02, 2024 07:17AM

Absolutely true that losing to the Titans put us in this position completely unnecessarily. Really not a lesson that needed to be learned, I don't think.

In terms of the Baltimore game, I would not have bet money on it. But, I did think we were good enough to keep it a close game with a chance to win. I'm much more disappointed in the "how" than the loss itself. That said, I heard somewhere prior to the game that Baltimore has beaten all the winning teams on their schedule by 14+ points (I haven't checked or anything). So, they've really dominated this year.

In terms of Buffalo, it's certainly a game we can win in my opinion. Obviously it would be easier (not easy, just easier) if we were fully healthy...but we have enough to win if we play a good game. More than anything, in my opinion, we just need to rebound and play a good game and we'll have more than a decent chance. Chubb and Phillips are the 1's for a reason, but AVG and Ogbah or whoever aren't slouches. X hasn't been very good all season long. Not saying whoever is put in his place will be better but likely not a huge dropoff.

None of this means I think we'd have a good chance in a playoff rematch against Baltimore...but we gotta focus on winning this week and getting the #2 seed.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: January 05, 2024 11:58AM

I have to agree with all of you!

The team is in a heap of trouble. Injuries have blossomed like crab grass and what was a promising season several weeks back looks like the organizing of a wake today.

I didn't have much hope that we'd be able to beat the Ravens. The loss to the Titans--nonsense--and stupid defensive scheme--prevent defense--yes, agree "prevents from winning."

McDaniel is not my kind of guy! There, I've said it. He is very odd and eccentric.

I can't see us beating the Bills this Sunday. Too, too many negatives. Tua is injured and doesn't have a strong arm anyway, he will miss-throw his targets.

It is extremely frustrating to be a Dolphins fan. December, after December the players crumble and losses mount. You can say it's the nature of the beast, but why do other teams succeed when they too are hit with many injuries the last few weeks of the season? Puzzling.

Date: January 05, 2024 03:06PM

" McDaniel is not my kind of guy! There, I've said it. He is very odd and eccentric."

I agree.....hes very strange. I think he's great with QBs , players love him, but can he get a point across without a F bomb for effect? I think he does that because of his size maybe?

He loves speed, but we need to bulk up some as well. This team is beat to shit. Teams figure out how to combat speed very quickly.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 06, 2024 11:28AM

Not even going to watch it, If they win great but if they lose I don't want to see it and be pissed off all day.smileys with beer

Date: January 07, 2024 07:10PM

I think that you're right, but in the NFL nobody stays healthy late in the season.

Rick

Date: January 07, 2024 07:12PM

Yes, it does. But not today.

Rick

Date: January 07, 2024 07:13PM

If you are talking about my post on Tua's shortcomings, it definitely WAS a knock on Tua.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2024 07:16PM by dolphan4545.

Date: January 07, 2024 07:21PM

No, TCFP, you were totally right about him, he is NOT an 'elite' quarterback. He had time to do so, but he DID NOT set his feet before he threw into the ground, over his receivers' heads, or to a Bills defender. That is NOT elite.

Rick

Date: January 08, 2024 04:34AM

SIGH. sad smiley I'd rather be wrong. I was actually kind of delighted I was wrong about him.

Hes not playing like he wants a new contract that's for sure.

If it's the elite players that's lifting him , then pay him accordingly. Let's facecit.....at the beginning of the season when everyone was healthy he was on fire. Offer him a contract for a above average game manager. But we had a winning formula .

I hope we can keep this nucleus and add some linemen .

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: January 10, 2024 08:55AM

Everyone has a lot of good points here.This offense was designed to operate with players that haven't been playing because of injuries. Even the defense has guys who've been at home on the couch until recently.

Tua gets a free pass from me since this team is currently a mish mash of patchwork right now. Hopefully this team can stay healthier next season.

As for the Chiefs game coming up, who knows there might be a miracle but I definitely don't expect one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2024 09:05AM by 808phan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.