HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Time to poop or get off the Pot........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Time to poop or get off the Pot........
Date: December 29, 2023 04:41AM

Lots of crap being spewed in the media agsinst Miami. We are in the spotlight. I’m a huge Miami Dolphins fan, but If you want to shut the critics up, here’s how.

Four main arguments against Miami. One: they haven’t beaten a team with a winning record this year. Two: They haven’t won an AFC East title since 2008. Three: They haven’t won a playoff game since 2000. Four: They haven’t won a Super Bowl since 1973 (season). They did #1. That’s a start. Now do the rest and people will quit talking.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Time to poop or get off the Pot........
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 29, 2023 06:32AM

I'm not very mindful of the media critics, but I know that over the decades we've all lived these facts that they cite.

All 4 that you've pointed out are possible for this year's Phins to accomplish.

It's not every year that the top 2 QBs in the conference either aren't playing (Burrow) or have receivers dropping multiple game-winning TDs (Mahomes). The path to the SB for AFC teams is a bit easier due to that, though I'm definitely not saying it's easy by any means. Every game we play from last week on is unbelievably critical. Dallas = one down...keep it going.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 29, 2023 08:45AM

These next 2 games are definitely a huge challenge with our injury riddled team. I'm hoping that Bill " Grumpy Jenkins" Belichick can help us out and muster up an upset over Buffalo to make our life a little easier. You know he's not gonna go down without a fight. The Pats are the reason that the Bills are one of two games behind us, and we can thank the Jets for the other. Bills should have won both of those games but they didn't. We can clinch our division with a Bills loss to the Pats regardless of the Phins/Ravens outcome. Once again, that Titans loss f'ed us up a bit and now it's down to this crunch time.

Date: December 29, 2023 02:46PM

It's nice to know we are in charge of our destiny. That Monday night game incensed me to the point I couldn't read , wear , or see anything aqua for at least a week.

But....just maybe that game had to happen to make us stronger. Maybe they needed to feel loss to prevent it in the future?

Maybe I'm just rationalizing it to dealio because I almost kicked the TV in. But I'm hoping that's the case. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 30, 2023 02:18PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's nice to know we are in charge of our destiny.
> That Monday night game incensed me to the point I
> couldn't read , wear , or see anything aqua for at
> least a week.
>
> But....just maybe that game had to happen to make
> us stronger. Maybe they needed to feel loss to
> prevent it in the future?
>
> Maybe I'm just rationalizing it to dealio because
> I almost kicked the TV in. But I'm hoping that's
> the case. smileys with beer

Treasure.

I will agree with you IF the Fins knock off the Ravens.

If they lose this game and the Bills win theirs (which they should), the Bills could win the AFC East if they beat Miami in the last game.

If Miami had beaten the Titans, the Bills would be unable to do the above.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 30, 2023 04:37PM

Watched last year's matchup with the Ravens today. The weather was more favorable than it will be tomorrow.

No Waddle and it looks like Hill is still limping a bit (or it looked like it) last game.

Wishing for the best and they have a real good chance if both sides show up.

Go Phinssmileys with beer

Date: January 01, 2024 01:29PM

Hill dropped another TD. Wish I knew why.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2024 04:27AM

Miami is a 3 point underdog, at home, against the Belles.

This is going to be ugly.

Date: January 02, 2024 05:17AM

The injuries were just too much to over come Sunday. Best team in the NFL away.... we got smoked.

I'm bummed as much as anyone , but losing against the best team is what it is.

That Monday night game was winnable. Never should have happened. That kinda shit incenses me.

The Ravens loss is just reality. It's a public check mark showing us where we are as a team agai st the best.

I think we still have enough good players to beat Buffalo. Let's beat them soundly at home.

Win the AFC east and then whatever happens, happens.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 02, 2024 12:03PM

We pooped all right....but it was not in well-formed turds. It was a mess that....well you get the idea.

I agree that the loss would have been a LOT easier to take were it not for the injuries.

We REALLY need to get this win vs the Bills. To stagger into the playoffs as a low-seed would not be an improvement over last year.

C'mon guys, get it done! (and make my Buffalo-fan co-workers shut their damn mouths!!)

Date: January 03, 2024 08:58AM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We pooped all right....but it was not in
> well-formed turds. It was a mess that....well you
> get the idea.
>
> I agree that the loss would have been a LOT easier
> to take were it not for the injuries.
>
> We REALLY need to get this win vs the Bills. To
> stagger into the playoffs as a low-seed would not
> be an improvement over last year.
>
> C'mon guys, get it done! (and make my Buffalo-fan
> co-workers shut their damn mouths!!)

JC. I am also hoping the Fins can get their act together and take out the Bills, but....

Injuries...to key personnel. X is probably out; Chubb is out....Waddle is probably out for another week; OLine....who knows who will be playing, Tua hurt his throwing shoulder, but expected to play; Mostert probably out; Achane, although he played, is still not 100 percent, and the list goes on.

Now, along with the injuries, the Fins have stunk it up when playing teams with winning records, and Buffalo has really come on with 4 straight wins. Also, Buffalo owns Miami, even in Fla.

Oh, just as a side, Hill better stop dropping sure TD passes. He is a hell of a player, but those drops have (possibly) hurt the Fins. As I mentioned in one of my other posts, if they had beaten the Titans, Miami wouldn't be in the position they are presently in; the Buffalo game wouldn't have been as important. Miami would have already wrapped up the AFC East.

Anyway, here's hoping Miami wins and gets the second seed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.