HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ravens
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ravens
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 26, 2023 10:05AM

The 49ers did Miami no favors; I thought for sure they would knock off the Ravens which would allow Miami back into the number one seed. However, saying that, I am hoping McDaniel and Fanzio learned something from that game.

The defense has to force turnovers. Ramsey and X need to play their best game of the season, especially X; I have seen him beaten too many times this season. Ramsey is solid, although the only TD against in the Dallas game was against him. But in reality, we rarely hear his name called, except when the commentators mention him because the opposing offense doesn't go his way.

Front 7 needs to keep playing the way they have been, if not a little better. Shut down the Raven's running game, and make sure Jackson doesn't (1) have plenty of time to find his receivers and (2) can't scramble and gain a bunch of yards, like he is known to do.

McDaniel. The 49ers offense showed you what NOT to do. Five interceptions? No way is that going to win a ball game. Tua will have to be careful with that. He has to understand he doesn't have a canon for an arm. I am sure he is very aware of that fact, but there have been times where he tried to fit the ball in to where a Josh Allen can. A few of Tua's passes have been picked because of that.

A "solid" running game. I am sure you guys have noticed that since Achane has returned from his injuries, he hasn't done a whole hell of a lot, and because of that, he hasn't had too many plays.

Receivers cannot drop any passes (ala Hill vs Dallas). The one who has been consistent is Smythe. He has done a great job of getting open and hanging on to the ball. All the receivers have to step up. Kudos to Chosen. He took a hell of a hit and held on to the ball. I haven't heard anything about an injury, but I am going to guess he's in concussion protocol.

The OLine is key. As I mentioned earlier, the main guys may not be there, due to an injury or two. The guys that are out there need to step up; open some holes and more importantly, keep Tua clean. Give him that extra split second to get the ball downfield.

Last but not least - McDaniel. He is considered a "genius" with his Xs and Os. He had better come up with some plays that he hasn't used in a while and come up with some new plays that the league hasn't seen.

I am looking at the D as the key in this game. They have to control the line of scrimmage and the backfield has to get 1 or 2 turnovers, at the least. The offense should be able to play well enough that if the D does their thing, the Fins can come away with victory.

Sorry guys, that this was so long.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ravens
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 26, 2023 10:19AM

Good read.

The trenches will decide this game.

Anybody agree that the ravens have the best dline in football?

That's a top defense right there.

Here is to hoping for a win.

Happy new year

Date: December 26, 2023 03:43PM

Excellent post Cap.

I remember when we beat the Ravens at home as 13 point underdogs. I was at that game. TUA had been benched By Flores. Fitz got hurt and TUA never looked back. Killer game......watching all the Raven fans with thier heads hung low exit the stadium was glorious! I believe in TUA.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 26, 2023 06:00PM

This game is huge, it has an AFC championship game feel to it. It's being broadcast here on the West Coast as was the Cowboys game and I'm already shit'n bricks.I haven't heard any updates on Waddle other than it's high ankle and not his shin.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2023 07:34AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Excellent post Cap.
>
> I remember when we beat the Ravens at home as 13
> point underdogs. I was at that game. TUA had been
> benched By Flores. Fitz got hurt and TUA never
> looked back. Killer game......watching all the
> Raven fans with thier heads hung low exit the
> stadium was glorious! I believe in TUA.

That was the game that was won by Flores' defense. The cover zero had Jackson and Harbaugh completely baffled.

Date: December 27, 2023 08:56AM

Yes! We had Lamar running all day.... the wrong way.grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 27, 2023 11:11AM

Man I was nervous as hell against Dallas and they barely squeaked by. Now in Baltimore against what appears to be the best team in the NFL present day?

I am hoping for the best and will be hyperventilating (well not really) during the showdown.

GOOD LUCK and good play BOYS they will need it!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 27, 2023 02:58PM

Remember a couple years back, Baltimore was also the #1 seed and coming off their bye in the play-offs faced the Titans who had just dispatched the Patriots the weekend before. Baltimore was the hands down favorite except the Titans ran the ball with Derrick Henry, controlled the clock and confined Lamar Jackson to the sidelines to watch the game. Titans won but, were dispatched by the Chefs the following weekend. That will be the key for the Phins, not a Tua/Lamar shootout but, ball control, clock control and, we may just have the running game to accomplish it.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 27, 2023 05:53PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Remember a couple years back, Baltimore was also
> the #1 seed and coming off their bye in the
> play-offs faced the Titans who had just dispatched
> the Patriots the weekend before. Baltimore was the
> hands down favorite except the Titans ran the ball
> with Derrick Henry, controlled the clock and
> confined Lamar Jackson to the sidelines to watch
> the game. Titans won but, were dispatched by the
> Chefs the following weekend. That will be the key
> for the Phins, not a Tua/Lamar shootout but, ball
> control, clock control and, we may just have the
> running game to accomplish it.

I'm thinking the same. Keep the Ravens offense off the field they are way too dangerous. I just watched the replay of Miami's comeback win last year. Totally insane. It's not cool to be in a situation where you're down by 21 points.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 28, 2023 08:23AM

Agreed with controlling the clock with the run and largely taking what's given in the passing game. If we're gonna take bigger shots downfield, make sure it's 1:1 and not in a bunch of traffic.

Defense has to stay sound - no communication errors.

Gotta find a way to win the turnover battle.

Not wishing for anyone's re-injury, but these are the games we've been we've previously been being cautious for.

Date: December 28, 2023 08:50AM

Ramsey and X need to be on thier games.safteys Kouhn If they can cover man to man we can stop the run. ( Lamar).

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.