HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 17, 2023 04:18AM

The weather has been pretty crummy the last few days and it appears to be an element both teams will need to deal with today too. The wind may be our secondary's big play maker.

Because of the last game (a debacle) the Dolphins are an underdog, IMO and I expect the booth will focus on what the Jets will do to beat the Dolphins.

The wind and weather has to have an adverse effect upon each teams passing game, so that leaves the ground game. Can we dominate the Jets' defense and score? It's a crap shoot.

The game starts around 1pm. Play strong. Play to win each play.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jets v. Dolphins: Game Day Thread
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 17, 2023 05:31AM

Isn't on TV where I live but I am totally okay with that. This is another must win game that the Phins are fully capable of losing. My confidence level is at 40% just like the fan poll that I read about.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 17, 2023 05:57AM

This week will show if they are over Monday night. The oline is the weak link because of injuries that's what worries me the most.

And no more dumb celebrations.

Date: December 17, 2023 06:56AM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This week will show if they are over Monday night.
> The oline is the weak link because of injuries
> that's what worries me the most.
>
> And no more dumb celebrations.

I 100% agree.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 17, 2023 09:37AM

Comfortable lead at halftime but, Tua still seems to lock on one receiver rather than spread the ball around. McD should try to get the entire WR corp involved.

Date: December 17, 2023 09:38AM

The score is 24-0 Dolphins at the half.

Amazing that a team so lost on MNF looks together today. Offense has adjusted using Plan B and scoring. Mostert and Achane and Waddle doing well offensively, because the o-line is doing well today.

Defense has suddenly beamed down and are playing pretty well. Pressure on the QB from the front 4 is doing great. Zach Wilson has no time to think.

Wind and weather is not a concern. The weather is decent.

I want to see more offense with other team members involved. Go Dolphins!

Date: December 17, 2023 09:41AM

He has thrown to the tend and waddle...screen passes to achane...he is doing his thing. Beautifull pass to waddle for a td.

I agree somehow I wish he spread it around more.

Date: December 17, 2023 10:04AM

McDaniels said before the game winning is all about coming back from adversary. I think Chubb especially took this to heart because I blame him for alot of Monday night shit show.

But he looks focused and wants to put Monday night behind him. SIELER is especially on fire as well.

Good to see them focused. They "F"ed up. And know it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 17, 2023 11:19AM

The Jets where hit with a left, a right, two jabs and an upper cut to the noggin. Shut out!

Very happy for the turn around and seeing a fire lighted under the team's game plan. Kudos to all.

10-4. smileys with beer

Date: December 17, 2023 11:55AM

smileys with beersmileys with beer

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 17, 2023 01:54PM

Dallas getting humiliated in Buffalo. They're gonna come in pissed and looking to right the ship. Hopefully we can (a) learn something from how Buffalo handled them and (b) get some players back healthy.

Great win today. Hate that we lost at the last minute to Tennessee, but great to bounce back.

Date: December 17, 2023 02:48PM

I'm relieved for the win.
Unfortunately Dallas got their asses handed to them by Buffalo. I was really hoping the Bills would lose to put them 3 games behind us. It would be sweet if LA or NE can pull off an upset over the Bills but I doubt it.
Hopefully Jax can beat the Ravens tonight.

Yes, I'm still livid about Monday's loss. Our division could come down to the last game against Buffalo if Miami keeps taking a shit.

But for now, good win Dolphins! That was a necessity. There's still hope. Now get healthy and keep winning!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 02:48AM

Some gems from a Jest Forum

- Jets OL couldn't stop a retirement home from getting to a breakfast buffet
- Dolphins: our o-line stinks, so let’s scheme up a bunch of quick throws to get our guys in space.
Jets: our o-line stinks, but oh well, them's the breaks! Let’s run pass plays that take 7 seconds to develop
- Think Aaron Rodgers has realized he shouldn't make life decisions on shrooms again?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 18, 2023 04:16AM

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

while perusing highlight videos last night (they didn't broadcast our game where I live), I stumbled across what I THOUGHT was going to be an extended highlights video, as it was about 15 mins long.

Well it was that, sort of---but instead of professional broadcasters narrating, it was Jets fans watching live and reacting. The first few minutes were "the refs suck" and "omg that was a personal foul" and "that's another flag they didn't throw..refs are out to get us". this is in the first few mins of the game. Then the 'fans' moved on to 'gawd we suck' and '(insert Jets player name here) stinks', and after a couple mins of that it wasn't even entertaining anymore so I turned it off.

But yeah if I were Rogers I'd suddenly have a relapse in my injury.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.