HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Celebrations
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Celebrations
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 16, 2023 12:27PM

I would highly recommend the team stop with ALL of their celebrations, both offense and defense. Make the plays, then move on. Congratulate one another, but that's it. You guys are presently spiraling downward; you are, once again, on the verge of getting knocked out of the playoffs, or at the least, one-and-done. Just do your jobs! Versus the Titans, I saw a lot of celebrations, and what happened? You gave up 14 points in the last 3 minutes and lost the game, AND, let Buffalo gain one game on you, so instead of being a (somewhat) comfortable 3 games ahead, you went back down to 2, with the toughest part of your schedule coming up.

Act like pros. McDaniels should show these guys tape of the '72 Fins. They would have never seen Zonk dancing around after doing his job, nor Griese, nor Kiick, nor Warfield, etc.

Get it together, guys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Celebrations
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 16, 2023 12:39PM

Agreed 100.

Date: December 16, 2023 05:01PM

Once in a rare while it's fun. Maybe 3 times a season but it's not only bad form when you implode like last Monday night.....you get put up for ridicule like a fighter bragging before a fight only to get your ass beat and knocked out. I used to admire Mike Tyson becuase he never wore a flashy robe or trunks. Black . Before a fight he was all buisness.

These guys were having too much fun. It was a party......and had no focus. I blame McDaniels 100%. Turn it around. Get the team focused and confident again.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 17, 2023 04:09AM

It's a showboat mentality compared to "we're all business" during the early 70s.

Agree. Make a great play and move on to making the next one and next one. Celebrate when the division is won and after every winning playing off game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/17/2023 05:21AM by colonel.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 17, 2023 04:59AM

I just read a fan confidence poll for the Dolphins on the news wire and it has fallen off a cliff from the 90's all season to 40% after the Titans loss. That's a HUGE drop and definitely nothing to celebrate about.

The party's over. Take care of business. Dolphins fans have buckled up to prepare for a crash and I can't blame the fans for feeling that way.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 18, 2023 04:31AM

The next celebration that needs to be eliminated is Mr. Ross doing the Waddle dance....You have every right, Mr. Ross. You paid good money for the team. But that doesn't mean you should.

Please stop, in the name of all that is holy, Mr. Ross. You're scaring the children and making the grownups cringe.

Date: December 18, 2023 08:21AM

Lol. Everytime he scores they shoot to his box. Ughggggh. Lol.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 18, 2023 09:37AM

I love it when billionaires TRY to act down to earth. I hope we see it a couple dozen times during the play-offs.

25 some odd years ago when Huizenga still owned the Florida Panthers and while they were on their Stanley Cup run the big "in" thing was to throw rubber rats onto the ice every time the Panthers scored. Back then the cameras would pan over to the owner's box and there was Mrs. Martie Huizenga littering the ice along with everybody else.
The officials put a stop to it pretty quick.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 18, 2023 03:57PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I love it when billionaires TRY to act down to
> earth. I hope we see it a couple dozen times
> during the play-offs.
>
> 25 some odd years ago when Huizenga still owned
> the Florida Panthers and while they were on their
> Stanley Cup run the big "in" thing was to throw
> rubber rats onto the ice every time the Panthers
> scored. Back then the cameras would pan over to
> the owner's box and there was Mrs. Martie Huizenga
> littering the ice along with everybody else.
> The officials put a stop to it pretty quick.

Hahaha I remember that. It also might have been the last time I watched a hockey game.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.