HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Here we go....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Here we go....
Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: December 12, 2023 05:52AM

Well, the collapse started earlier than I thought it would.
I knew it would happen eventually, based on all the smoke and mirrors wins we've had over the dregs of the league this year.
The writing was on the wall even then, with all the inept play-calling and QB play that was painfully evident. The padded stats are very misleading, so spare me with "top ranked offense" stuff.
Who's going to take the fall if/when we finish 9-7, and get bounced in the wild-card round??
Is Ross going to let Chris Grier take another inept run at it again??
How many franchise crippling decisions is this guy going to be allowed to make?!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Here we go....
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 12, 2023 07:02PM

Fangio had the defense playing a soft zone with gaping open areas all over the place trying to protect a lead. That doesn't work. No press. No QB pressure at all. The dude is 65 years old and stuck in a mindset that shows his age. That needs to change.

This offense relies on Hill too much. Yes he's a baller but hat needs to change too. There wasn't any plan B when he went down. Perhaps these guys need to spend more time working on offensive plays instead of end zone celebrations.

Grier just brought in yet another edge rusher to the practice squad when we need a damn center. That doesn't help this injury riddled offense one bit so that kind of shit needs to change too.

Chubb should be wearing a dunce hat for a week. His unnecessary bullshit gave the opponents 7 points instead of 3.

Seems like almost every week we're getting field goals blocked or missed. That's unacceptable. You can't win games like that.

This team had me fooled up until now. The Titans exposed every bit of weakness this team has. That game was right up there with the worst "WTF?" games ever played by Miami.

Can they fix all this bullshit with 4 games left? We have to wait and see but I won't have my hopes up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2023 07:04PM by 808phan.

Date: December 13, 2023 02:59AM

Good points above.

Another issue I've seen all year is we are a fast team. Track stars. It was deadly against the Broncos. But Physical strong teams like Buffalo and the Titans we get our hands handed to us. Runners like Travis Henry just wore them down. They had a 14 point lead and mentally checked out. They were wore down. The coaches failed them ( as stated above). They went to prevent defense meanwhile The Titans are going for 2 point conversions trying to win it . That team was focused. They had a goal.
Ours? We got this! What kind of dance are we doing when we win?
Coaches , McDaniels at the helm should have been in thier faces not to let up.

Pathetic to watch. I don't remember a game in recent history that pissed me off more. I don't mind losing. But taking a dive......not intentionally but essentially in my mind it's what they did, taking a dive and giving up is just against everything I stand for. FINISH IT. Really a disgraceful performance. I won't even be watching hard Knocks anymore this season. That distraction needs to go. Somebody better be mentally preparing them for the next 4 games.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 13, 2023 06:43AM

Just goes to show, the record doesn't mean $hit when you play against mediocre teams and all you have is one star player, he goes down and you are now a mediocre team.

People that tell me the team is great and going places, I know what they really are and it shows against good teams or loss of a great player your offense is built around.

Yeah it is only a game, but guarantee they barely beat the jets, lose to the Ravens, Dallas (going to make them look stupid) and sure to lose to the Bills.

OUTMATCHED.

Sorry but it is looking that way.

Date: December 13, 2023 07:42AM

@ Treasure - Yes the D got worn down. A lot of that had to do with the offense being unable to sustain a drive especially late in the game when it mattered the most. Miami got out coached and out played big time. As for Fangio's "prevent" strategy with 4 mins left to play, I've always felt that "prevent" prevents nothing. I don't recall ever seeing it being effective, ever. There's just too much space underneath and zero pressure for QB's. That defensive strategy turned garbage time into opportunity and points on the board TWICE.

@Chata - After what I just saw on Monday, I wouldn't be surprised if the Jets win too. Losing the next 4 straight is a serious possibility. Losing our starting center was too costly for Miami's O line. Rest assured there will be more bad snaps and numerous sacks on Tua. I have no doubt the offense will struggle. It's going to be ugly.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 13, 2023 01:41PM

I have resolved that I will not watch any more Fins games live; I will record them and depending on the outcome or how well/poorly they played, will determine if I even watch at all. Tired of their BS.

I read where Jackson said the team didn't take the Titans seriously. I personally don't believe that; they just played poorly.

I still find it hard to believe in the last 3 minutes, give or take, Miami is up 14 and still manages to lose. I don't think Fangio called one blitz that whole time; he normally does in those situations. There was no pressure on the Titan's QB and our DBs left the Titan receivers wide open. Unacceptable.

McDaniel has to fix things and in a hurry. Beat the Jets and Miami at least has a chance for the playoffs.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 13, 2023 07:30PM

Guys, grow up. It was one loss.

Rick

Date: December 14, 2023 05:10AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Guys, grow up. It was one loss.

Yes, it was just one loss. But the reasons for that one loss are what everyone is ticked off about.

Date: December 14, 2023 05:40AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Guys, grow up. It was one loss.

The single loss is not the issue, it is the imploding of the team when all pieces are not in play. Solid teams figure how to work around it and still win and it seems that Miami has not figured that part out.

Remove Hill out of the equation and suddenly the team looks mediocre and "figured out" by the defenses.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 14, 2023 06:42AM

I feel like crap; I thought it was utter disappointment with MNF--it wasn't--I have COVID!

Anyway, pressure on QB not prevent defense is what should have been used against the Titans' QB. Fangio blew it and needs to get his head on straight.

I've said it. McDaniel had no Plan B to go to that would use other (non Hill) receivers. The TE is and remains a useless receiving position. Berrios and Waddle were relatively unimportant. The running game was severely hampered by a depleted O-line of starters. Losing Williams (now out for the season) was a big loss and Liam Eichenberg slipping over to play Center didn't work well because he and Tua aren't on the same page.

Tua is also a disappointment. Rewatching the game, he played poorly and shows a slow-footed (no quick feet) QB. Trying to run was like watching a cumbersome 300 pound lineman trying to evade a tackle. He shows little ability to improvise when timing is disrupted. He can't make plays work. This is on him, on the coaching staff and receivers.

McDaniels' is no Don Shula or Jimmie Johnson. Grier continues to fail trying to improve the O-line. The December "fail" may be ripe as we face the Jets. To lose to them, and it is possible with all the "wounded" players we have, would be a knock-out to the season.

Finally, it has been years since the Dolphins played on MNF. There was a time when the Dolphins were a featured game there. They were good games with exciting results. Our performances have been terribly ugly for prime time viewing and I don't expect to see the team re-appear on MNF until the team wins the division plus a few play off games.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2023 06:44AM by colonel.

Date: December 14, 2023 08:09AM

Rumor has it the NFL is putting together a game in Brazil. Guess who is favored to go? When did Miami become the international team every season!?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 14, 2023 09:09AM

Miami IS the gateway to Latin America by default. It's American Airlines' hub to all major cities in Central and South America. It may end up costing Miami a home game at Hard Rock. Personally, I think it's a waste of time. Soccer is king in Latin America and especially in Brasil.

Date: December 14, 2023 10:35AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Miami IS the gateway to Latin America by default.
> It's American Airlines' hub to all major cities in
> Central and South America. It may end up costing
> Miami a home game at Hard Rock. Personally, I
> think it's a waste of time. Soccer is king in
> Latin America and especially in Brasil.
While in Brazil, perhaps Tua can get a few BJJ rolls in and work on his break falls, seeing as he is constantly picking himself up off the ground lately spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: December 14, 2023 01:44PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Miami IS the gateway to Latin America by default.
> It's American Airlines' hub to all major cities in
> Central and South America. It may end up costing
> Miami a home game at Hard Rock. Personally, I
> think it's a waste of time. Soccer is king in
> Latin America and especially in Brasil.

That makes sense in Brazil but we also went to the UK, Germany. Send the Fing Jets this time. Or tell the Referees to at least ref a fair game if we are the NFL gateway to the world.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 14, 2023 02:05PM

When they go they need to take care of business, forget the fun tourist stuff.

Date: December 15, 2023 04:15AM

To bring some levity to this posting, I am sure some of you watched TNF and damn, The Chargers have Miami problems x 10 all starting with Staley.

I couldn't believe what I was seeing drinking smiley

Posted by: OCphin ()
Date: December 15, 2023 04:22AM

colonel Wrote:
Tua is also a disappointment. Rewatching the game,
> he played poorly and shows a slow-footed (no quick
> feet) QB. Trying to run was like watching a
> cumbersome 300 pound lineman trying to evade a
> tackle. He shows little ability to improvise when
> timing is disrupted. He can't make plays work.
> This is on him, on the coaching staff and
> receivers.
>
Tua has the mobility of Dan Marino in his 16th year.
These days, QBs need to be far more mobile and twitchy, in order to evade pressure and extend plays. Extending plays is how games are won. (See P.Mahommes, J. Allen, and L. Jackson)

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 15, 2023 07:58AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Rumor has it the NFL is putting together a game in
> Brazil. Guess who is favored to go? When did Miami
> become the international team every season!?

When Ross is guaranteed a sellout and big $ that is not a guarantee with our home games at JRS. This past game was a bit of an exception from what I saw, but usually when we have a home game the stadium is 50-60% full, and half of the crowd is wearing visiting team gear.

We're overall more likely to have a home crowd cheering for our team when we play in Europe (we are popular there, perhaps because Euro tourists often vacation in miami), and as Hooligan said we are the gateway to Brazil. Brazilians who can afford a second home have bought condos in Miami over the years. There is a connection with them. Whether it will be a sellout crowd, we will see.

Date: December 15, 2023 08:01AM

chatafkup Wrote:
> To bring some levity to this posting, I am sure
> some of you watched TNF and damn, The Chargers
> have Miami problems x 10 all starting with
> Staley.
>
> I couldn't believe what I was seeing drinking smiley

I thought the Raiders interim HC was going to try to achieve the NFL scoring record. The Chargers had a complete and total meltdown, their HC was fired this morning.

We will see if injury riddled Miami has major problems against the Jets. Two score favorites to win just like against the Titans but we saw what happened with that.

There's way too many injuries to give me any confidence heading into Sunday. I think it could go either way but I hope I'm wrong.

Date: December 15, 2023 09:46AM

Whatever the Dolphins do (or don't do) will not surprise me. They could end up winning 2 of their last 3 games, and they could also go on a 4 game losing streak (like they did last year), starting with the Jets.

Hill is questionable for the Jets game. If I were McDaniel and Hill is good to go, I would start Hill and if the game gets lopsided (either way) I would pull him. I am sure Hill will insist on playing....he guaranteed he would get 2,000 yards this season, but if he doesn't play vs the Jets, he won't get there. It will be up to McDaniel to convince Hill to sit so he can be completely healthy for the 3-game gauntlet that's right around the corner.

Conner Williams is also out, for the season. Not so sure I would put Armstead in the game either.

As I said in an earlier post, Fangio needs to really look at last weeks game tape and fix things. Supposedly, he and McDaniel sat down together and went over the whole game trying to figure out what went wrong.

If the Fins can't beat the Jets, they have no hope for the last 3 games and will probably be knocked out of playoff contention.

BTW, a poster on here mentioned (yesterday, I believe) that we should relax, it's only one game. He is correct, it was only one game and it may mean squat in the long run, but I have seen the Fins do this way too often (last year is a good example). They lose to a team they should beat handily, but they lose, then they go down the toilet. As I said before, Dallas is playing lights out right now, and Balt is a tough team. The Bills is nothing to laugh at. Miami has to get right vs the Jets, otherwise....

Date: December 15, 2023 10:40AM

captkoi Wrote:
> Whatever the Dolphins do (or don't do) will not
> surprise me. They could end up winning 2 of their
> last 3 games, and they could also go on a 4 game
> losing streak (like they did last year), starting
> with the Jets.
>
> Hill is questionable for the Jets game. If I were
> McDaniel and Hill is good to go, I would start
> Hill and if the game gets lopsided (either way) I
> would pull him. I am sure Hill will insist on
> playing....he guaranteed he would get 2,000 yards
> this season, but if he doesn't play vs the Jets,
> he won't get there. It will be up to McDaniel to
> convince Hill to sit so he can be completely
> healthy for the 3-game gauntlet that's right
> around the corner.
>
> Conner Williams is also out, for the season. Not
> so sure I would put Armstead in the game either.
>
> As I said in an earlier post, Fangio needs to
> really look at last weeks game tape and fix
> things. Supposedly, he and McDaniel sat down
> together and went over the whole game trying to
> figure out what went wrong.
>
> If the Fins can't beat the Jets, they have no hope
> for the last 3 games and will probably be knocked
> out of playoff contention.
>
> BTW, a poster on here mentioned (yesterday, I
> believe) that we should relax, it's only one game.
> He is correct, it was only one game and it may
> mean squat in the long run, but I have seen the
> Fins do this way too often (last year is a good
> example). They lose to a team they should beat
> handily, but they lose, then they go down the
> toilet. As I said before, Dallas is playing lights
> out right now, and Balt is a tough team. The Bills
> is nothing to laugh at. Miami has to get right vs
> the Jets, otherwise....

I know you all remember the 1-15 season. My reference to that is no matter what I watched every game that season knowing a loss was coming, and never gave up on them. Not gonna start now but I have a feeling they will let us down again.

You're right Dallas is looking like NO ONE can touch them.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 17, 2023 08:16PM

I was unaware that one loss constitutes an 'implosion'.
Nevertheless, now, after the Jets game, do you still hold that opinion?

Rick

Date: December 19, 2023 01:50PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> I was unaware that one loss constitutes an
> 'implosion'.
> Nevertheless, now, after the Jets game, do you
> still hold that opinion?

Yes, I still hold that opinion (if you were asking me).

The Jets are garbage. Miami played well, I will give them that, but there are three powerhouse teams coming up. So far this season, the Fins have lost to 3 teams with winning records. The next two games are teams that are fighting for the number one seed, with Buffalo showing they are back. Not gonna be easy.

I still have my doubts about Miami, as I have seen this before (many times, in fact). Hopefully, they prove me wrong.

Date: December 20, 2023 04:16AM

I haven't given up yet, but the nail biting begins the 23rd.

GO Phins!

Date: December 20, 2023 07:17PM

I'm finally over my tissy fit about Monday's loss. I can't recall the last time I was that pissed. I still have some faith. This team isn't bad enough to not have any.

But you know what would be really nice?
If Belichick can help us out and conjure up his Pats to have an upset win again against the Bills in week 17. He's fighting for his job and honor and that would send a shockwave through the NFL. As we have learned, no game is a lock to win.

In the meantime, we need McDaniel to visualize more 1 play drives. That was pretty Zen like and very impressive.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 21, 2023 11:45AM

808phan Wrote:
>
>
> But you know what would be really nice?
> If Belichick can help us out and conjure up his
> Pats to have an upset win again against the Bills
> in week 17. He's fighting for his job and honor
> and that would send a shockwave through the NFL.
> As we have learned, no game is a lock to win.
>
>

Best I can do is root for a tie between those teams. I can't root for the Patsies (I live nearby). But a tie would help us, hurt the Bills and fail to be another W for Belicheat and the Patsies.

Date: December 21, 2023 02:15PM

@JC Now that would be a perfect compromise!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.