HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Titans v. Dolphins: MNF Game Night Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Titans v. Dolphins: MNF Game Night Thread
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: December 11, 2023 07:01PM

Damn stupid kid! Tuanon: Tua SUCKS!!!!! Six points against this bunch!!! Defense: What the hell were you doing?!?! You play 57 minutes of decent football, then give up TWO touchdowns and a two-point conversion in just three minutes?!? We get into the red zone TWICE, and McDaniels has a brain fart and never tries to run it in! THE RUNNING GAME WAS WORKING!!!!! So- six points instead of fourteen!! They GIVE us the game, and we GIVE IT BACK!?!? SHAME!!!!!! Poorly called, poorly executed, fall apart when it counts? Of course, it had to be on a Monday night! We SUCK on Monday nights, and they proved it again!

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: December 11, 2023 07:03PM

Apparently this team isn't as good as I thought it was. What a total meltdown in the last 2:40 on both offense and defense. No ability to finish the game with a 2 td lead. Completely ineffective. Wow. That really hurt.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 11, 2023 07:06PM

Terrible game...just awful. A freakin rookie QB carving up our defense to come back from 14 down with just a few minutes left. Defense looked gassed, likely because the offense couldn't sustain a drive to save their lives.

Date: December 11, 2023 07:17PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Here's the problem, the Miami game is so Tyreek
> centric that when he goes down, the rest of the
> offense forgets how to play football. Great job
> McDaniels.

That sure seems pretty obvious after watching this team have a total meltdown. Should have been an easy win but it was far from it. Really far.

Date: December 11, 2023 07:40PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> Disgraceful. McDaniels needs to get on this team.
> We had this game won several times. Missed field
> goals, bullshit penalties, and a defense that
> completely fell apart with a 14 point lead and 3
> min. Left.
>
> Defense choked like a Raven player and his
> girlfriend.

Especially when they allow a rookie qb to look like a HOF'er to win the game with 2:40 left to play.
And then this offense was a whole other story of ineffectiveness.

Whatever swag this team had coming into this game is gone. And to make things worse the remaining schedule is really tough. Not looking good in Dolphinland.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: December 12, 2023 12:59AM

We’d better start practicing how to finish red zone drives rather than practicing stupid touchdown dances. How about scoring some damn touchdowns instead of worrying about which dance you’re going to do. This isn’t Arthur Murray Studios, it’s a damn football game.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 12, 2023 04:51AM

I blame management for this loss.

Too much reliance on Hill to provide sensational plays. When the "fog of war" arrives and Hill and several others are injured and unable to perform, Management must have a workable Plan B. As far as I could interpret, there was no Plan B to apply.

The defense failed allowing the Titans to get back in the game and win. I saw little energy. Second and third tier players were dreadful. The Defensive Coordinator had no answer and the outcome was a embarrassing loss, once again during Prime Time national telecast. Every time it seems we shoot ourselves in the foot and limp back to the locker room with now real answers.

The loss of Connor Williams at Center was a major stumbling block for the offense. Losing Hill was the biggest offensive issue as there was no Plan B to use Waddle and our TE to move the ball. Our offensive line was severely lacking in chemistry with a substitute at Center who is barely a journeyman at that position and not living up to expectations as a Guard either.

The Dolphins of last night is not a playoff bound team in my opinion. It was a piss-poor performance. The coach should be ashamed of his lack of preparation to counter a loss of Hill.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 12, 2023 06:02AM

Absolutely Colonel, the coach SHOULD be ashamed and should give up play-calling. He's just not very good at it and doesn't seem to learn from his mistakes. Except for the 4th quarter last night, the red zone play-calling has been terrible relying too much on Tua's arm and sidelining the running game even if it's working well.
Hard Knocks shows that the team spends way too much time practicing their end zone celebrations and not enough on basic football. The "country club" atmosphere during training needs to be reined in.

Date: December 12, 2023 06:14AM

I definitely think we looked past them. I don't have any real insight into the injuries of guys we sat for this game, but both Terron and Rob Hunt were supposedly held out more as precaution for the stretch run, and I think Holland might have been the same.

I know you're damned if you do, damned if you don't in these situations. If, for instance, Armstead had re-aggravated an injury in this game and we didn't have him against our final 3 and playoffs, we'd be kicking McDaniel for playing him.

We have a lot of talent on offense, but with those guys out and Williams & Hill going out, it left us pretty exposed against a good defensive team.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: December 12, 2023 07:21AM

when we lost 3 starters in the first 5 plays I knew we weren't allowed to have nice things.

They better learn quickly from this debacle because the jets are going to destroy this makeshift line.

Eich is a waste. They should have kept a true backup C. Williams is going to miss some time and they've used 7 of their 8 IR returns. With Baker now on IR they can't put Williams there too and risk not being able to return.

Based on some of the players comments they looked past the Titans and you just can't do that in the NFL.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 12, 2023 07:22AM

Eichenburgh is now the center.

We might not even make playoffs with this fool at center. He had like 4 penalties and a bad snap at the 5 yard like.

Even if we make the playoffs we will make a first round blowout exit.

This team is dysfunctional and is not a superbowl team.

Can't stand this fool eichenbergh anymore.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 12, 2023 11:06AM

Well, many will say it's one game; let downs happen to the best of them. I agree, however, Miami isn't strong enough to overcome a loss like this. I hope the Fins prove me wrong, but if you can't defeat a Tenn team, what the hell are they going to do in the last three games? Dallas is looking unbeatable, Balt is the AFC #1` seed, and I don't care what Buffalo's record is or how they have played poorly, they are still Buffalo. I am now afraid of the Jets. I hate to say it, but we could be looking at 2022 all over again.

Tyreek goes down, the offense looks like a bottom-feeder. With Tyreek out, he showed who is the most important player on this team. Waddle is about as fast as Hill; why couldn't he get open like Hill does? McDaniel needs to figure out what plays to call once Miami is within the 5 yard line. Why does he insist on passing in those situations? Stop trying to "fake out" the opposing defenses. Just run the ball down their throats. Hell, utilize Ingold for something other than blocking. Third and Fourth and short, McDaniel doesn't run. In this game. he needed to run inside, but kept going outside, which more times than not, Miami either lost yardage or gained maybe one or two yards.

Why is it during games, Miami's OL does a pretty good job protecting Tua, but when it comes to crunch time, Tua gets dumped? It isn't as tho he sits back there waiting for his receivers to get open, he just doesn't have a chance. I understand that our OL has been decimated, but they still do a good job through 3 1/2 quarters, then just fall apart when it comes to crunch time.

Our defense played well, as they have been, until the last few minutes of the game, which leads to the question....what the hell happened? Tenn just drove down the field with no Miami resistance.

The killer in all of this is Tenn was giving the game to Miami. Two big mistakes led to Miami TDs and a 27-13 lead. Then both sides of the ball quit.

I don't know guys, this is why many Finfans are nervous about the Miami Dolphins; we never know what Fins team is going to show up.

If Miami does get to the playoffs, I'm not very confident in them going far, if at all.

Date: December 12, 2023 01:38PM

It's been a while since I've been this pissed off at a game. It's unhealthy. I made a mistake and let them in again. I believed in them again. I can take losing no problem.thats a way of life. But letting a team beat you in the last 3 mins when you have a 14 pt lead.........missing easy field goals, throwing hamlets B.S. penalties for unsportsmanlike behavior......this was the ultimate C tease. AFC top seed, all these personal records being broken........and we can't finish a game in the last 3 min on prime time!!!!?

I'm beyond disgusted , the offense could have been better , but the defense.....just disgraceful. I hope McDaniels handled it. Not by cakes and hugs. He needs to be a head coach today.

Ugggh. I'm going to go take a dump. It will reek less then this team this morning.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 13, 2023 10:24AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
>
> Ugggh. I'm going to go take a dump. It will reek
> less then this team this morning.

Loved the whole message, but especially the last bit.

May it be that this turd of a game is flushed and we get our $hit straight going forward :-)

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.