HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Black Friday Game: Dolphins v Jets: Game day thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Black Friday Game: Dolphins v Jets: Game day thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 24, 2023 08:29AM

I trust every Dolphins fan had a thankful Thanksgiving.

Today, Black Friday, as they say, is the first NFL football game played on the day after Thanksgiving. For me, I am grateful it's the Dolphins playing because it adds a bit more excitement early to the Thanksgiving weekend. Moreover, we are leading the division and have the opportunity to gain more ground with a win over the Jets.

The Jets are down to their 3rd backup QB, his name is Tim Boyle. As I am familiar with many people with that last name, one thing is for certain, the Dolphins should not underestimate him.

IMO, our Dolphins are primed for a big win, but I am uncertain as I write this who will be playing for us. What I believe the team must do is to score early and take a lead to put the Jets behind the eight ball with their QB and their offensive game. If luck has it our D may come up with their own offensive points with the Jets' questionable offense on the field.

I am looking forward to this ball game. Defense must be alert and play like champions.

Go DOLPHINS!

Colonel

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Black Friday Game: Dolphins v Jets: Game day thread
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: November 24, 2023 09:17AM

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Division games are never easy, especially on the road. Turnovers, penalties, injuries, execution, and the proper scheme on both sides of the ball are the keys to victory or defeat. We have the talent and can win if everyone works the way they should. Let's go Miami!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2023 09:22AM by 808phan.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 24, 2023 09:20AM

Black Friday, a good day to stay home and watch football, the traffic is terrible out there. Achane will likely be sitting out this game to give his knee more time to heal. Oline is still a mess so, hoping Tua makes it all through the game. Hopefully Mike White gets some mop-up duty in the 2nd half.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 24, 2023 09:31AM

The Jets have too good of a defense to expect a blowout from Miami. Our OLine is still a question as there are still too many injuries that are stopping our guys from getting on the field. Hopefully, those who are questionable can play.

As someone already stated here, AChane probably won't play. I agree with the coaching staff in that if there is any question, he should sit out this game. Miami has the RBs who can take care of business, as long as McDaniels calls the running plays that hopefully, will keep the Jets D off balance.

Jets have good DBs (i.e., Sauce), but if Tua can get enough time, he should be able to hit Hill and/or Waddle down the field. If they aren't open, find the outlet receivers. The TE could come into play here, down the middle, but McDaniels is hesitant to call it. IMO, if he would call it, that could open Hill and Waddle for some big plays.

I agree with postings here, that Miami needs to get off to a fast start, get a good size lead, then utilize their running game and short passes to eat the clock.

IMO? I think this game falls on McDaniels and Fangio.

Date: November 24, 2023 11:30AM

Are you kidding me???

Tua is playing lousy. Indecision on a short run play to hold the ball too long then run and be stopped and then...a pick 6...then another intercept with seconds left in the half. He needs to get his head out of his butt!

So much for getting a good lead in the first half.

Date: November 24, 2023 11:40AM

colonel Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Are you kidding me???
>
> Tua is playing lousy. Indecision on a short run
> play to hold the ball too long then run and be
> stopped and then...a pick 6...then another
> intercept with seconds left in the half. He needs
> to get his head out of his butt!
>
> So much for getting a good lead in the first half.

Thanks to Holland's hail Mary pick 6, that negated the pick 6 the Jets had.

That was a crazy ending to the 1st half. I was almost ready to say we had a good one until Tua blew it TWICE. Holland saved it for Miami. Tua better wake up in the 2nd half if we're going to win this game.

Date: November 24, 2023 11:41AM

Holland to the rescue. D came to play and bailed out the O.

Date: November 24, 2023 11:52AM

I was typing in another room with 2 seconds left in the half and missed the return by Holland. Holy Crap Marie...these plays are insane. A 99 Hail Mary pass pick six?

Yep, Holland to the rescue!

Date: November 24, 2023 01:12PM

Great win but, losing Phillips for the season was a steep price to pay. I hope Holland is OK.

Date: November 24, 2023 01:22PM

That was a very costly win losing Phillips.

Date: November 24, 2023 01:42PM

The Jets have fallen apart. With 3 turnovers in their favor they could do nothing of real consequence to get on track. They do seem to have a few good players but their execution is poor. I was trying to imagine how the team would have played with Rogers at QB. It's hard to know but the loss today wasn't on the QB as much as a team that was incoherent and lacking leadership. The Jets o-line would not have been able to do much even with Rogers running the show, IMO--they are not very good. Tim Boyle had little chance of success. As Dolphins fans we have seen what a lackluster o-line does and doesn't do for years. Our current o-line has greatly improved but is still no where close to being top notch.

The Achilles heel injury is devastating to a player who relies on quick harsh starts play after play. I hope Jaylen Phillips' surgeons do a great job repairing his injury and that rehab is effective for Phillips's sake. Get well soon.

We are 8-3 and still must improve in many areas to be able to compete and beat the better teams. One area: Tua needs to overcome bad decision making to cut back on on costly turnovers.

Jets 13 Dolphins 34. smileys with beer

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 24, 2023 02:55PM

I was driving listening g to the Westwood one radio broadcast. The guys calling the game were the McCourty brothers and some other guy—who must have been from New York because he sounded quite ecstatic when tua threw his pick six. Then his little heart got broken at the half’s end and throughout the rest of the game.

Yes Tua needs to cut out the interceptions. It I’ll take the win for today.

(Edited for spelling)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2023 05:40PM by JC.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 24, 2023 03:43PM

smileys with beer

Date: November 25, 2023 04:36AM

Sunday will be a good day to watch football, all of our major competition atop the AFC standings, KC, Baltimore, Jax, Buffalo, even Cleveland, are all playing on the road. Can't ask for much more.

Date: November 25, 2023 04:58AM

Well for the record......this was the first Black Friday game......it's also the first Dolphins game I did not watch live for as long as I remember. Cops don't get off on Holidays and it's our busy season. I have enough seniority to make sure I'm off every sunday.And I work day shift so nights games anytime isn't an issue. I even could have pulled off a Thursday Turkey day game. But black Friday during the day!!? They put something in the food the day before that makes them go crazy when the stores open.

To make it worse, it was shown on Amazon Prime and I wasn't able to tape it despite being an Amazon prime member. ( edit for very bad language)

Hopefully they replay it today. That said the results sounded positive except for the injury to Jaylen Phillips. Reading I found this interesting :

"
Multiple Dolphins, including safety Jevon Holland and running back Raheem Mostert, cited the turf at MetLife Stadium as a root cause of Phillips’ injury."

I don't get the mentality of the Jets and Giants. You have 2 combined teams playing in the same stadium. One of the most lucrative markets in professional sports. You build a new stadium not far from the Canadian border( gets Fing cold!!) WTF don't you build a roof over it!? I know money is not the issue. Makes no sense.

I read about Holland running 99 yds on an interception and we had a lineman ejected for hitting a ref? I have to see that for myself before commenting.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 25, 2023 06:53AM

> I wasn't able to tape it despite being an Amazon
> prime member. ( edit for very bad language)
>
> Hopefully they replay it today.
> :
>
> "
> Multiple Dolphins, including safety Jevon Holland
> and running back Raheem Mostert, cited the turf at
> MetLife Stadium as a root cause of Phillips’
> injury."

Hey brother, sorry you had to work. NFL Network might be showing it again if you have it.

It was nice to get that win but it really sucked that Phillips lost to that POS MetLife field. He was ballin before that happened.

It's rated the worst place to play according to an NFL players survey. You'd think with 2 home teams there they'd spend the money, it's not like money should be an issue.

Date: November 25, 2023 07:15AM

Sigh. I just dont get it. The NFL came down on Ross and demanded a roof to bid on anymore superbowl games. It rains occasionally but Miami has arguably the best weather of any NFL team.

And two teams build basically the same exact structure that was there for a couple decades. WTF?

Thankfully we don't go back until next season. I remember Ross importing the best turf from Scotland, the same used on pro golfing tours.

It's a disgrace.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 25, 2023 10:40AM

It's criminal, the Players Association should take the lead on this one. There's no reason to have anything but the best turf available. Maybe natural grass can't stand up to the punishment delivered by two pro teams but, there are other options.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 25, 2023 05:35PM

I seriously want to believe in Tua, but I don't understand inconsistent play at times.

IMO Miami is good against teams they are matched with, talentwise, but they just can't make it work against "real" caliber teams. I love the 8-3 and it has been a long time since they've been at the top later in the season.

Sucks to say, but I always have doubts any time they play anyone based on inconsistent play.

Maybe I am the only one that thinks this way.

Happy Holidays and hope I am wrong in my thoughts.smileys with beer

Date: November 26, 2023 05:13AM

From a Jest Bulletin Board after the game;

- This ****ing bull**** hail mary pick six will be replayed every single thanksgiving. Every ****ing one until times end. Thanks, jets. You ****ing *******s.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 26, 2023 05:14AM

Lol

Date: November 26, 2023 05:19AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> From a Jest Bulletin Board after the game;
>
> - This ****ing bull**** hail mary pick six will be
> replayed every single thanksgiving. Every ****ing
> one until times end. Thanks, jets. You ****ing
> *******s.

LOL How awesome. I finally saw a few replays on You Tube. Watching that live right before the half must have been exhilarating. God I hate the Jets. Couple of extra days off I hope they make the best of them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 26, 2023 06:24AM

On NFL.com they show that replay first every time you log on. I've logged on about 43 times already this morning.

Date: November 26, 2023 06:30AM

Another gem from the jest Bulletin Board;

- I knew the game was going to go like this, and I'm still mad AF. Tua throws a pick 6 and we literally say "Hold my beer and watch this" and throw a historic Pick 6. You can't make this **** up.

I almost feel sorry for them,, Nah, just kidding.

Date: November 26, 2023 11:28AM

Put it up with the Marino spike on an endless loop........grinning smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 26, 2023 11:48AM

They have the Butt Fumble for Thanksgiving and now the Hell Mary for Black Friday.

Date: November 26, 2023 06:25PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> It's criminal, the Players Association should take
> the lead on this one. There's no reason to have
> anything but the best turf available. Maybe
> natural grass can't stand up to the punishment
> delivered by two pro teams but, there are other
> options.

I agree 100%. I don't know why the Union doesn't speak up about this.

In fact I heard some former NFL guys on the radio (I think it might have been Plaxico Burress) say that the word around the league is basically F- MetLife field. He went on to point out that in addition to having twice the number of football games there, they also have tractor pulls with all the dirt and super heavy vehicles, concerts with thousands of people and stage gear on that field, etc. All that extra traffic packs that crappy turf down into the concrete underneath (and onto Jimmy Hoffa's body underneath that). That surface is garbage to begin with, but it's made even worse by all the compaction that takes place from the extra activity.

They can put natural grass at Yankee Stadium and all the other venues in the area, why not this one?

Date: November 26, 2023 07:28PM

I've been to concerts at Hard Rock Stadium. They have monster truck rallies there, Ross even built a F1 race track in the parking lot! Ground crews work OT setting it up and protecting the grass.

There is no reason for it except in competence.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 27, 2023 05:19AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I've been to concerts at Hard Rock Stadium. They
> have monster truck rallies there, Ross even built
> a F1 race track in the parking lot! Ground crews
> work OT setting it up and protecting the grass.
>
> There is no reason for it except in competence.

I have been to concerts there also. Yes, protecting the grass, not protecting synthetic crap on top of concrete.

I remember when the Orange Bowl (RIP) had astro turf in the 1970s. At the time, it was considered state of the art because the prior "natural" field had sea shells and crap in it. We learned from it decades ago. New York / New Jersey has not.

Date: November 27, 2023 02:28PM

Does New York or New Jersey ever learn?
It's why I missed the game. More moved down here then still live there.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.