Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Do You Really Think we Can Sweep TWO Division Rivals in one Year?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Do You Really Think we Can Sweep TWO Division Rivals in one Year?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: November 19, 2023 01:53PM

Teams in this division have seldom swept a division rival for a season over the years, even when certain divisional teams were good. I am uncomfortable about the people that airily dismiss these next five games as easy, or even already have them in the 'WIN' column. So, people expect to sweep TWO division rivals in one year!?! This is foolishness. It is certainly true that the old saying 'Any team can beat any other team on any given Sunday'- or, these days, any day- because it has been proven true many times over the years. Division rivalries even more so. So- don't take any game as a given, this is the NFL! Take the games one at a time, the way the players do.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2023 01:55PM by dolphan4545.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do You Really Think we Can Sweep TWO Division Rivals in one Year?
Date: November 19, 2023 03:39PM

When our offense clicks our defense fails. And Vice versa. We need to find a way to get both on the field on game day if we are going to be successful against the better teams.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 19, 2023 03:45PM

Definetely gotta play better on offense to have a chance of winning the next 4. The raiders have been playing well the last 2 weeks. There are no easy wins anymore. The oline hasn't opened the holes lately like at the beginning when we were at full strength as far as injuries goes.

I hope we can sweep the jets. We will see what happens soon.

Date: November 19, 2023 04:05PM

Hill wants that 2000 yd season. I think he stood at 1200. That's 7 games about 115 yds a game. Because of the outstanding start I don't see him having an issue making that. And the motivation helps all around. Ultimately I want team results more then personal ones.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 20, 2023 10:28AM

Both of us were, of course, different teams. But, we swept the Jets in 2020 & 2021.

We are clearly the better team than any of the next 4 on our schedule, and we should run the table. But, even great teams (and I'm not claiming we are one) stumble.

Super Bowl contending teams have a habit of taking advantage of the breaks that come their way as they 'heat up' for the playoff run. We're, for once, mostly on the other side of the injury equation this season vs. other AFC contenders. Rodgers is out. Burrow is out in Cincy. Watson & Chubb are out in Cleveland. Milano & White are out in Buffalo, and things were bad enough that they fired their OC. Heck, even Andrews is out in Baltimore, though that's not the same as starting QB being out.

Who knows what upcoming weeks hold, but it looks like the iron is hot for us.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 20, 2023 10:49AM

First it was the offense winning games. Now it's the defense on fire. Can we get to the point of both offense and defense playing at the same level this year? Remains to be seen. That would put us in superbowl contention.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.