HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          KC
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
KC
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 30, 2023 09:39AM

Well, another test for Miami coming up in Frankfurt. Can this game determine if the rest of the NFL should take the fins seriously (or not)?

KC will not play against Miami the way they did against Denver. they made a lot of mistakes (especially Mahomes), but I don't forwee that Sunday; maybe Miami can get one turnover. Will Mahomes still have a sickness in Germany? Will Swifty be in attendance?

our offense should be able to handle it's responsibilities, but I am concerned about our D. X has to be back in the fold vs KC; him and Ramsey on the field at the same time will give KC's receivers fits. Holland needs to be back also, and hopefully B. Jones will be back. Concussion? Our front 7 needs to put a lot of pressure on Mahomes; force him into make mistakes.

Miami needs Armstead and C. Williams to solidify the line; protect Tua and open some holes. I don't think Achane will be back just yet, so Mostert and Wilson will have to run like they have never run before to get the DBs to ploay up close, which of course will give Hill and Waddle some room to roam. Also, I heard MJD on NFL Network say, and I agree with him, that when Miami's offense gets into short yardage situations, that they power it in. They have a FB (Ingold) that should be able to do that. MJD noticed the fins have a habit of when they get close to the goal line that they start passing. Power it in, guys. Also, Tua needs to just take what KC gives him; don't try to put it where our guy is covered by two or more DBs.

Coaching - McDaniel will have to come up with a few new "genius" plays that the league has not yet seen, to throw KC off their marks. Fangio, the same deal. Again, I am still not real confident in our D. Sure, they played well against NE, but NE is not KC. Fangio, like McDaniel, has to come up with schemes that KC has not seen; confuse them, which will normally allow our receivers to get open, and I mean open, not a couple of inches separation.

One more thing - why in hell didn't Miami wear their throwbacks during a nationally televised game (like the game in Germany)? There are Fin fans all over the US that don't get every Dolphin game, so Mr. Ross, if you won't make the throwbacks the regular uniform, how about doing the throwbacks when we can ALL see them????

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: KC
Date: October 30, 2023 12:10PM

captkoi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> One more thing - why in hell didn't Miami wear
> their throwbacks during a nationally televised
> game (like the game )? There are Fin
> fans all over the US that don't get every Dolphin
> game, so Mr. Ross, if you won't make the
> throwbacks the regular uniform, how about doing
> the throwbacks when we can ALL see them????

Because Ross wants to sell New logo gear in Europe, More money more money more mo ey.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 02, 2023 06:03AM

Sounds like we're getting some key pieces back healthy potentially in time for the KC game. Specifically, Armstead, Williams, Howard, Holland. All, in my opinion, top 10 players at their position. Balancing the importance of the KC game vs. the potential for aggravating/allowing extra rest time with the bye, I'm just about 50/50 in terms of whether they should play. I'm lumping them all together in light of that balance when, in reality, I'm sure each is an individual consideration. But, if I'm the decision maker, I probably play it pretty safe even if it's the difference between a #1 seed or lower. I know I'm counting chicks WAY before they hatch, but the #1 seed is the element that makes the game so important. The winner of that gets the week rest that no one else does...then the worst of the rest. A fairly well-paved road to the AFC championship game. Glad I'm not the decision maker, cuz it's about 51/49 in my mind - tough call.

Date: November 03, 2023 09:26AM

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2023 12:49PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: November 03, 2023 09:27AM

McDaniels got with the team and everyone arrived early with a full 3 nights sleep before GameDay. That's a Shula move IMO. Smart football and it shows he has a good understanding/ handle of the team. Not one ego declined. Winning is the mindset.
I'm a defensive nerd. Having Ramsey back early is my early Christmas.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 03, 2023 09:55AM

Well, we get Ramsey back, but of course not all is positive with the team.

Hunt - out

Armistead - ?

Williams - ?

X - ?

And there are others.

Granted, McDaniel said most, if not all (except Hunt), will probably play. Also, Brandon Jones is out - concussion protocol and didn't make the trip.

Reports indicate Ramsey will be covering Kelce most of the game. It is now up to the other DBs to stay with their man/cover the ground, along with the DLine stopping the run and pressuring Mahomes.

Saw on NFLN that teams that report late to their overseas games tend to be worn out at game time, whereas teams that report early (Miami) do much better and usually win the game. Let's hope that stays true.

Date: November 03, 2023 12:48PM

Ramsey if 100% can cover Kelce better then Taylor swift.

That Oline is a concern. Hopefully tge starters can suck it up and recover during the bye.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.