HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Something notable about our successful adjustment(s) vs the Pats
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Something notable about our successful adjustment(s) vs the Pats
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 30, 2023 06:08AM

I was looking at local media clips of Boston tv stations (because I love the local sportscasts after a Pats loss...it's quite entertaining). One guy (who wasn't whining, for a change) pointed out something that I noticed during the first half, but he reminded me how significant this was for us:

We started out attempting to run the ball, and being unsuccessful at it. The Pats DL stopped our running game. Then, instead of continuing to force the run, we went to Tua's arm and the fireworks began to fly. As much as I'd have loved to see our running game rack up more yards, it was obviously great to watch Tua and the receivers make some plays.

If the opposite would have happened (if passing early in the game would have been ineffective), I would have hoped that we could switch to the run in that case and be effective there.

We've had some coaches in the past who were too stubborn to divert from the original game plan, but McDaniel appears to be very perceptive and intelligent in these situations.

Keep it Coach McDaniel!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Something notable about our successful adjustment(s) vs the Pats
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 30, 2023 07:14AM

We adjusted well and it worked.

Job well done by coaches and players.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.