HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Panthers
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Panthers
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 11, 2023 01:55PM

Carolina Panthers up next; should be able to beat them, and rather handily, but then again....

Good time for Fangio to continue working on his defense to make things smooth for the Eagles.

Our offense "should" be able to handle business vs the Eagles, but I am still concerned about our defense. If Fangio can't get his guys comfortable with what he is trying to do, I can see another blowout coming.

Achane is out for about 4 weeks. Miami still has talent in the RB room, so let's hope they can pick up where De'von left off (although I don't expect anyone to get a 12.1 yards per carry). Tua will have to play clean.

Most of this post was aimed at the Eagles game, but Miami can't look past Carolina. They need to play solid, even moreso than they did vs the Giants. Bryce Young is a pretty good QB, and our DBs have been having issues in the passing game. Rumors have it that Ramsey may be back sometime next month; he is needed.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Panthers
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 09:20AM

Spotted them 14 then ran away with it. In reality we have played a weak schedule other than Buffalo. Giants Panthers Bronco's 3 really bad teams . Eagles Chiefs Jets will be good tests

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: October 16, 2023 09:37AM

The Fins game was not shown here in San Diego, so I have to wait for NFLN to replay it this week. So, I will base my observations, right now, on the hi-lites and stats.

Our D worries me, big time. Both our rushing and pass defense are not where they need to be, and with Philly coming up? Miami can beat them with what is presently put on the field, but I am going to be very nervous watching this game. As I said above, I don't have a lot of faith in our D, and not so sure our offense can handle the Eagles' defense. Fangio has to get his head our of his a*s, and quick, other wise we will once again be tied with the Bills for first place.

BTW, I saw where Howard left the game, but have not seen or heard anything about why. Any of you here know anything?

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 16, 2023 10:33AM

Date: October 16, 2023 10:34AM

I'm happy for the win but not happy about spotting 14 from the get go. I'm not comfortable with our D. Fangio needs to get his head out of his @ss and blitz more often or something. Perhaps he should look at some damn Jets film so we can beat the teams they have.

Bills were lucky to beat the Giants they barely pulled it off. That was almost a huge upset. Jets have beat some good teams their D is legit. Pats look like sh!t. I guess their fans know what it's like to be like us since Marino retired now that they don't have Brady. That's on their org for being so damn cheap even without him.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 16, 2023 11:41AM

The only thing that keep this team out of the playoffs is our defense. The offense is legit.

I agree fangio needs to be more creative and blitz more.

This dolphins defense is far from been championship caliber defense. Now Xavien Howard is injured.

Unless we score in the 40 range we are not beating the eagles.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 16, 2023 01:08PM

In defense of Fangio, He DID make some effective adjustments because after those 14 points their offense was shut down for the rest of the game. They went from moving the ball down the field "at will" to absolutely nothing. 35 unanswered points.
Whatever it was, we can't spot the Iggles 14 points and expect the same come-back results.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 16, 2023 03:02PM

You right. Looks like fangio made a great adjustments.

Date: October 17, 2023 09:26AM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only thing that keep this team out of the
> playoffs is our defense. The offense is legit.
>
> I agree fangio needs to be more creative and blitz
> more.
>
> This dolphins defense is far from been
> championship caliber defense. Now Xavien Howard is
> injured.
>
> Unless we score in the 40 range we are not beating
> the eagles.

You're right about this D not being at a championship level. The torching they got from Buffalo was the proof. And Howard...Seems like he's always getting hurt. We need to control the clock to keep Philly's offense off the field in order to beat them this week.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.