HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins v Giants thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins v Giants thread
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 08, 2023 08:18AM

Well, Mostert fumbled...luckily it went out of bounds.

Tua almost threw an INT in the endzone. But then thanks to a great catch by Waddle we have a TD.. We are lucky that we didn't turn it over twice on that drive. Be careful out there guys!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins v Giants thread
Date: October 08, 2023 08:36AM

Oh boy. Now we really did fumble.

Date: October 08, 2023 09:21AM

And TUA just threw an INT in the end zone.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 08, 2023 09:22AM

Maybe he'll eventually learn not to force it into double or triple coverage

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 08, 2023 09:35AM

Dolphins are playing sloppy. Maybe looking past the Giants and banking on a win. Play calling is suspect. 18 passes to 8 runs in the 1st half, why when you have Achane and Mostert?
They better tighten up in the 2nd half.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 08, 2023 09:39AM

That was quadruple coverage jc.

Playing down to the level of the opposition.

We are far from been a great team.

Date: October 08, 2023 09:41AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> And TUA just threw an INT in the end zone.

and not just ANY int in the End Zone. a 102 yd Pick 6 clear to the OTHER end zone. (smh)

Date: October 08, 2023 10:09AM

and another!

This one was held to 'only' a field goal....jeez Tua stop throwing into coverage.

Date: October 08, 2023 10:19AM

Ok that was a GREAT drive by us to make it 31-13. All runs except for one pass. As the tv announcer said, "that is how you respond to a turnover."

Next time we get the ball, run it again. Chew up the clock and get a score.

Date: October 08, 2023 11:07AM

We pulled out the win, but instead of 31-16 it should really have been 31-6 because we gave up one TD on an 100+ yd pick six, and a FG as a result of another interception.

If a few things would have gone differently we could have lost this one.

HOPEFULLY Tua will be shown lots of film this week. He can't take those risky throws that often. He has a very good running game. He should just hand it off more. Offensive coaching staff needs to make some changes by the next game.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 08, 2023 11:31AM

I'll take an ugly win. I'm absolutely thrilled the Jags beat the Bills. Another skunk job against the Pats who are now at the very bottom in our division. Who'd ever think a Belichick team would take such a nose dive? I know it's still early on but thanks to the Jags, Miami is on top of the AFC East. With that said, what a great day of football! We have something we can savor for at least another week.

Date: October 08, 2023 11:35AM

The blame should fall on McD, he was supposed to be a running game guru when he was hired. I feel like he's being a little irresponsible on some of his play calling like especially the 3rd and inches and he calls a passing play which fails. Stupid.
That kind of sloppy play WILL NOT work against good teams.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2023 11:37AM by Hooligan2.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 08, 2023 12:27PM

The Bills lost; we won. I guess they were too full of themselves after last week's victory over us. We are 4-1 and they are 3-2. Good for us. smileys with beer

Tua is doing okay but is throwing too many balls into tight coverage, maybe he is assuming one of his fleet-footed receivers will catch it, no matter what. He needs to be more a bit more careful IMO.

76 yard run--Achane is like the roadrunner, Wissshhhh and he's gone!

Date: October 08, 2023 04:35PM

SIGH. 3 turnovers and we still win by 3 scores. We can beat 80% of the teams with sloppy playing but the good ones will stick it up our asses like last week.We won but too many mistakes!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 09, 2023 05:02AM

Giants - 1-4
NE - 1-4
Broncos- 1-4
Chargers- 2-2

That's the teams we beat.
We certainly have the talent but, unless we clean up the play-calling and the mistakes we won't go far in the play-offs.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 09, 2023 06:43AM

Loving what I see, but unfortunately when Miami plays any team worth a $h*t they are outmatched and get exposed quickly.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: October 09, 2023 09:18AM

Hooligan2 is right the team's we have beaten have a combined w/l record of 5-14, we have not done anything.

We crushed the Giants and we should have. My disappointment is that they were actually competing with us in the first half. They were getting some good runs on us until we forced them into the passing game.

I would love us to trade for Jewell (DEN) and drop Baker at ILB. Baker has yet to elevate his game in the new defense and it is showing. This team can go places but they have to start correcting some issues now.

Date: October 09, 2023 10:40AM

colonel Wrote:
>
> 76 yard run--Achane is like the roadrunner,
> Wissshhhh and he's gone!

But hopefully his knee is not gone...they recently announced that he has a knee injury (unspecified at the time of this writing). I *hope* it's minor. Mostert better be prepared to carry the load and NOT FUMBLE THE BALL.

I love that we have more than one talented RB. Hopefully Ahmed will be back next week regardless of Achane's status. I haven't felt this good about having multiple talented RBs since...you know...Csonka Morris and Kiick. We've had ONE good RB on the roster since then...but not three.

Just peeked at the roster and saw Chris Brooks. Will he need to suit up? He only has nine carries this year and I can't remember any of them.

Date: October 09, 2023 10:45AM

Brooks had a run of 50 yards

Date: October 09, 2023 11:09AM

For what it’s worth, after the Giants game, Achane spoke at length at his locker in upbeat tones, never indicating there was an issue. In fact, he even joked about teasing receiver Tyreek Hill for getting caught from behind on a would-be touchdown, unlike Achane, who did go all the way

Date: October 09, 2023 01:32PM

Rgphin Wrote:
> For what it’s worth, after the Giants game,
> Achane spoke at length at his locker in upbeat
> tones, never indicating there was an issue. In
> fact, he even joked about teasing receiver Tyreek
> Hill for getting caught from behind on a would-be
> touchdown, unlike Achane, who did go all the way

I'd like to have heard that conversation. Hill has a really good effect on everyone.on the road he went out of his way to meet and high 5 dolphins fans . Every since we traded for him this team has been electric. I can just hear the rookie telling him ......ahh you got caught.....grinning smiley

We had a really good defense last season. I expected us to be better then the offense. We need to turn it around quickly. There's the tape. There is no mystery. What's the issue?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 09, 2023 02:39PM

It's a new defense. I think we will get better as the season progresses.

The bills scored the most points against us but our offense put our defense in a bad position.

Date: October 09, 2023 04:00PM

Rgphin Wrote:
> Brooks had a run of 50 yards

Ah, so he did. Against Denver. Just found the highlight. It was a good run - not just because of the yardage but he made some good cuts. And I know Denver was not exactly motivated, but still a very good run.

OK it's settled--we are stacked at Running Back. I still hope Achane isn't severely injured.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.