HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          New Rivalry?!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
New Rivalry?!
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 01, 2023 04:58PM

This week, I heard several commentators (both national, and unbelievably, local too) talk about 'the new rivalry between Buffalo and Miami'! Apparently, none of these characters know anything about their history or the rivalry that has existed between these two teams since the beginning of the AFL. And, what about the years when Marino and Kelly were battling for the division in the late 80's/early 90's? These teams have been in the same division since the beginning, and they historically hate each other! Go watch Bryan Cox flipping off the Orchard Park crowd! This rivalry is nothing new, it just devolved into a simmer in the years that one or both of the teams were lousy. It's the same thing with the Jests, but even more so. We ALWAYS didn't like the Patsies or the Bills(and, in those days, the Colts), but we've hated the Jets since the Joe Namath-Bob Greise days. These are division rivals of long standing! We HATE them all, and they hate us! It is as it should be.

Rick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Rivalry?!
Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 01, 2023 05:22PM

not quite the beginning of the AFL as we joined in 1966 but yeah this is NOT a new rivalry...at all.

Now, if this were the 1980s and these sports-hole journalists were calling the Dolphins-Bills rivalry 'new' they'd at least PARTIALLY be correct in that we kicked the Bill's asses IN EVERY GAME during the ENTIRE decade of the 1970s. Can you picture that...if the year began with 197x and we played the bills....we won. I think it was 21 games in a row. As a kid I never understood what the big deal was with OJ Simpson (I'm talking as a running back for the Bills, not as a murderer) because more than a handful of times in the 1970s I witnessed us beating them to a pulp in the old Orange Bowl and I can tell you that it never got old. Not much of a rivalry during the 1970s, but since then--oh yes there is.

I don't know what they were thinking to write that it is 'new' but it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2023 08:27PM by JC.

Date: October 02, 2023 02:34AM

Apparently they never heard of Brian Cox.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 02, 2023 04:28PM

Maybe they're confused- Brian Cox is a very well-known actor, Bryan Cox was a damn good and nasty linebacker and a current coach.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.