HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins vs. BRONCOS
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins vs. BRONCOS
Date: September 23, 2023 03:21PM

Waddle is out. sad smiley

After what happened to TUA last season I guess they aren't taking chances .

Chosen is being elevated from the Practice squad.

I'm confident with our reciever corps.......Hill will get plenty of help.

Armstead is questionable, probably wait 1 more week, and Jaylen Phillips is back Jack.

Of course I want our best players ready to rock every week but I really like that we are 2-0 and people are stepping up. That's huge. We didn't see that in teams past. We had a core of good players and the rest would just play and rarely won.

We have a good chance to go 3-0 tommorrow.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins vs. BRONCOS
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 24, 2023 06:10AM

Agreed. Any positive plays from chosen whether it's. Just 1 play. That's all we can ask for.

Good that phillips is back. Keep VG fresh.

Date: September 24, 2023 06:11AM

smileys with beer

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 24, 2023 06:49AM

Game starts at 1 pm; Beat the Broncos! Go Dolphins. thumbs up

Date: September 24, 2023 06:52AM

Armistead is active today. We need him to be ready for next week against Buffalo. I hope they don't look ahead and concentrate on beating the broncos.

Date: September 24, 2023 08:26AM

YES! ON Armstedt starting. You can see how comfortable TUA is. Hill wide open AChane just scored... Great blocking!

These are the fundamentals of the game we have been missing.

Now hopefully our Special Teams can step us as well.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 24, 2023 09:47AM

Couldn't ask for a better game by halftime. Total domination, everything is clicking. Great to finally get the running game going and still get Hill his yards.

Date: September 24, 2023 10:22AM

Yes I agree, and the defense has Russell on the ground almost every play. The atmosphere at the stadium looks fantastic.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

smileys with beerRe: Dolphins vs. BRONCOS
Date: September 24, 2023 10:42AM

Franchise Record!! 56 points....and it's only 3rd quarter.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/2023 10:53AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: September 24, 2023 10:53AM

Starters out.......I can't remember the last time we took the starters out in the 3rd quarter of a regular game.....

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 24, 2023 10:59AM

I'm glad that some backups are in now. No need to risk injuries with a score of 56-13 early in the 4th qtr. Is Miami that good or is Denver that bad?OMG it's 63-13. LOL

Date: September 24, 2023 11:03AM

AND......there is special teams again......

Not a big deal with the lead we have, but we teams like The Bills next week special teams needs to be better just to be standard.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 24, 2023 11:24AM

Class move.....McDaniels took his foot off the Broncos neck, gave up history.

Free tampons to Denver fans in the parking lot

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 24, 2023 12:07PM

Go phins

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 24, 2023 02:43PM

Unbelievable. We used to take 4+ games to score 70.

Date: September 24, 2023 03:05PM

So many refuse to still give Miami props. I get it.....we have started off well before. But it's different this time. I havnt seen a Miami QB this relaxed with time in the pocket in a long time. Like in decades. I was really really vocal about this oline. With Armstedt TUA is almost on auto pilot. He wasn't even rushed.

Buffalo is going to be different. He's gonna get blitzed. It's going to be so interesting to see how they react. And if we can play well that should shut the pundits up.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: September 24, 2023 03:07PM

WOW

Date: September 24, 2023 03:32PM

Mike Oliva from Dolphins talk ( in the news wire) stated it best for me:

"Tua playing at a high level isn’t a surprise. Tyreek playing at a high level isn’t a surprise.

The offensive line and running game playing at this elite level, yeah, that is a surprise.

Even the most die-hard Dolphins fans must admit they are shocked at how well the running game is going and how the offensive line has performed thus far."

Consider me shocked. Again Next week will tell a better story. Holding my head high during briefing tommorrow!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 24, 2023 04:23PM

The Dolphins are the first team in NFL history to record five passing touchdowns and five rushing touchdowns in the same game, and the second team in history to record more than 700 yards of offense since the Rams did so in 1951. They are also the first team in history to score 70 points with 700 yards of offense, and the second to record 300 rushing yards and 300 passing yards, according to ESPN Stats & Information research.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 25, 2023 04:10AM

This almost brings back memories of the dolphins beating the patriots 52-0 in the orange bowl during the perfect season.

Our backup QB (earl morrall) was the starter due to griese’s injury. So with a big lead they took out morrall and put in THIRD stringer Jim del Gaizo. Who proceeded to throw two TD passes despite having never thrown a pass in the NFL before that game.

Another footnote: that game I describe above was Shula’s 100th victory.

Maybe this win against the broncos is a sign. Big victory at home. running game is tearing it up and everything clicking on offense and defense. No-name players making big plays. Kind of reminds me of the early 1970s. Here’s hoping.

Date: September 25, 2023 05:05AM

I'll admit it. Never saw the offense clicking at this level of play.

Defense as well, Ogbahs 4 yd INT was awesome.

Special teams let another 100 YD punt return . This week it didn't matter. But next week it could cost us the game.

I might have been wrong about McDaniels and his buddy buddy friendship with TUA. Hope so. Here's McDaniels challenge now:

Get his teams pysch out of the clouds. There is a difference between Cocky and confident. Let them enjoy yesterday.

But today put it all behind you and DO NOT TAKE BUFFALO LIGHTLY AT HOME. We beat them last season once and lost another by 3.

I'm feeling confident but no more bad snaps, missed extra points, and horrible tackling on Special Teams or it could be a long ride home .

Here's our chance to finally shut the critics up. I hope McDaniels has the teams respect and he can keep thier egos in check and grounded.

Hill has been there. Got a Superbowl ring. He needs to help keep everyone focused on thier job , and winning.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 25, 2023 05:12AM

There aren't accurate words to adequately describe the events of this game. Astonished? Wild and Crazy? Unbelievable? Brilliance? All fitting but not enough to match the scoring drives and overall play.

The game was a blast to watch!

Date: September 25, 2023 05:39AM

You all forgot about something.

10 straight extra points.

Practice for the kicker.

He needs all the practice he can get.

Date: September 25, 2023 06:19AM

At the end of the day all we've done so far this season is beat three teams with losing records, none of which made the play-offs last season. Until we beat the teams that are considered SB favorites we're still in the same rut and playing for a wildcard berth.
The real test starts this weekend against the first serious challenge of this season. We're in a "win now" mode and we NEED to see results. Next year Tua will want to get paid along with Wilkins and others. The nucleus of the team will start to unravel as others come to the end of their rookie contracts. Cheetah has talked about his retirement in a couple of years. The time is now and the run starts in Buffalo this weekend.

Edit; Chargers did make the wildcard round last year but, the way they got handled by Jacksonville, they clearly didn't belong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/25/2023 06:26AM by Hooligan2.

Date: September 25, 2023 07:28AM

All good points......man. What a fantastic roster of flat out super athletes. They can ball with the best of them.

Now for the hard part......the mental aspect is just as important. McDaniels has to be a coach and keep them in check and focused.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 25, 2023 08:22AM

Thankfully we got our left tackle back. The bills players have bad intentions about tua. Even their fans over at their message boards. This is the game where the dolphins oline needs an A+ game.

Those blind hits can't happen this week.

Keep the tend and fb in to block when you need to.

And you can still have 3 receivers out there.

We need waddle back for this game.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 25, 2023 09:46AM

I'm still trying to soak in and savor what I saw yesterday. Next weekend is like a storm cloud on the horizon. We need all hands on deck. I wouldn't want any other coach for this team besides Jesus Christ himself but I still effing hate being in this division.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: September 25, 2023 11:39AM

This game was unbelievable. Everything went right and the Fins took advantage of it.

Now, with the Bills next Sunday, it's time to see what the Fins are made of. Despite the 70 point blowout and being 3-0, I'm still not sure about this Miami Dolphin team. They will have to get real serious for next Sunday, otherwise Miami will be heading home with a loss.

Achane showed what he can do; now will McDaniel keep playing him or will he, once again, take a backseat?

Tua was Tua - quick release and accuracy. He still has to get it in his head that he has to throw it to Hill (and Waddle) early so they can run under the ball. He waited and got the pass intercepted that was aimed for Hill. Get it there early and it would have been an easy TD. Miami will need Waddle to play to ease the coverage on Hill.

The D played well, but gave up too many passing yards. They must remember that it will be Josh Allen flinging the ball all over the field, and the way Allen has been playing, he just may give our DBs some good chances for turnovers.

Well, a mighty nice win yesterday; now let's keep it going.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 26, 2023 07:29AM

Our offense was so balanced that Tua threw 2 TD with his left hand and 2 with his right spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 27, 2023 04:38AM

Looking forward to the BUF game. If we win in BUF that will be a huge statement.

We do have one glaring hole and that is the play of the ILBs. I was a fan of Baker but he has become a liability in the run game the last 3 seasons. He reads the wrong lanes and takes himself out of the play, lets the o-lineman make contact with which prevents him from pursuing and is just not the aggressive hunter killer you need at that position. Also think Long needs to raise his game. Huge win against the Broncs but on too many plays Im looking for a mlb and they were not in on the tackle.

I see why they tried Van Ginkel at ILB in the preseason. Should put him there when Phillips returns. Van Ginkel should be on the field.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.