HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Patriots: Game night thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins v. Patriots: Game night thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 17, 2023 01:31PM

Our Dolphins are in Foxboro to face the Patriots in prime time. It's now time for the Dolphins to play great on offense, all aspects, and on defense. Game starts is 8:20 pm.

GO DOLPHINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Patriots: Game night thread
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 17, 2023 03:07PM

Bradley chubbs needs todo a Michal persons on ne. Persons beat up on the jets olinemen. Chubbs needs to play well against backup OTs. If phillips don't play tonight we need him to finnally step up.

Go phins

Date: September 17, 2023 04:24PM

I agree on Chubb. He's getting $$$ needs to step up. Defense is playing better. TUA is being careful , Miami is feeling them out. I'm looking for a better 2nd half.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 17, 2023 04:51PM

Half time score is a deserving 17-3 Dolphins. Patriots are trying to prevent the long plays and are succeeding so far. Balanced offense so far is working for the Fins. Keep 'er going guys.

Defense is playing better than last week.

Date: September 17, 2023 05:36PM

Can't add to that. They are preventing the long plays so we are hitting them for 5-10 and controlling the clock.changing it up to play each team to their strengths and weaknesses is a nice change

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 17, 2023 05:50PM

Patriots touchdown achieved by cheating, in true patriots fashion. Receiver was engaged in blocking downfield, then caught the pass. Collinsworth even called them out on it.

Date: September 17, 2023 05:53PM

Hell yeah Mostert !!!!!!!

Date: September 17, 2023 06:00PM

Refs are calling interference as if Brady is still QB

Date: September 17, 2023 06:15PM

Bad choice on that missed 50yd + fog attempt. Should have tried to draw them offsides then just punt if that did t work.

Date: September 17, 2023 06:16PM

Collingsworth is a douche.

This Kicker is not clutch. We need to find a new one.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 17, 2023 06:21PM

Wow.

Date: September 17, 2023 06:28PM

Gotta say Van Ginkel hustles like nobody else. He harassed the pats. Busted his ass and iced the game for us.

Date: September 17, 2023 06:44PM

Defense was better.

Offense played smart.

Special Teams ........ SIGH. needs to be more consistent if we are trying to be special.

Referees tried to slip it to the Ole cheater but the times are a changing! smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: September 17, 2023 06:55PM

This damn kid drives me crazy. Yes, he has good stats. Good for the analytics types. He keeps dropping the ball on snaps because he takes his eyes off the ball too much. These dropped snaps ARE NOT Connor Williams' fault, they ARE Tua's fault, ALL OF THEM. Watch the replays of those plays, its clear. He throws into triple coverage far too often. He's got to find a way to score on those first drives of the game, not blow it by some pathetic foolishness.
This punter is much worse than Thomas Morsted. I'll never understand that personnel decision.
Sanders keeps missing kicks that would put the game away- he's gotten lucky for two weeks in a row. Are we going to keep this guy until he costs us a game?
Mostert was again excellent, and they kept him in the game until the end this time. Damn good 43-yard run for our last TD.
Van Ginkel was superb all night. Phillips better watch out. Really, we need to find a way to keep him on the field.

Rick

Date: September 18, 2023 03:17AM

Disagree 4545, Connor Williams low to the ground snap almost got tua hurt. Connor Williams needs to correct the bad snap becsuse it could decide a game. He is blocking well but need to correct the bad snaps soon.

Date: September 18, 2023 03:19AM

Agree on van ginkel. We might have found a left edge rusher.

Date: September 18, 2023 03:53AM

The long Mostert running TD was terrific. Great blocking by the O-line. Mostert found the hole and was gone!

What the Patriots did with their Safeties to take away the long ball will be used by other teams now. So a good balance of running and throwing must be relied on to score points. The first game with airing it out against the Chargers may not be seen for awhile.

Andy Van Ginkel was spot on today. smileys with beer

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 18, 2023 04:31AM

its early but Ogbah has been invisible. Lucky AVG stepped it up

O line played well again

Where was Can Smith? Apple is terrible

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2023 04:32AM by jlyell13.

Date: September 18, 2023 05:01AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its early but Ogbah has been invisible. Lucky AVG
> stepped it up
>
> O line played well again
>
> Where was Can Smith? Apple is terrible

Apple wasn't terrible, but could definitely be better. That pass interference call was so bad if Collingsworth said it was bullsit.

I think Fangino is mixing it up. Trying to find where these guys play best.Van Ginkle definitely found a new position.

I like when things are not working we change it.

The bad snaps are not all TUAs fault. But these two have to figure it out. WTF?

That kicker needed to be gone last year. Why is he still here? I hold my breath on extra points. This kid will cost us a game eventually. If another option is out there we need to take care of it.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 18, 2023 07:59AM

AVG obviously stepped in & stepped up really well. And, props to Chubb for how he stepped up. I've been disappointed in his production relative to pay, but last night he was hustling every play and consistently disrupting.

On the snaps issue, I think some are Conner and some Tua. Frankly, they just need to get it the F worked out. That's 101, and we have the talent across the roster to be playing well beyond that without bonehead things popping up & derailing things.

Date: September 18, 2023 12:10PM

One thing that struck me with the running plays was how our RBs received handoffs about 5-7 yards behind the line of scrimmage, ran to the outside and waited for the holes to develop then wisely cut inside and got good yardage.

I'm not used to that (but I would LOVE to get used to that). Each time our ball carrier got the ball that far back from LOS I thought 'oh crap, here's a five yard loss' then he'd make his cut and prove me wrong.

As Colonel said, other teams will try to take away our long ball, and I'm fine with that as long as we can continue to run effectively. I don't think I've felt this good about our running game since Ricky Williams was on the roster (and he had his own set of issues).

I am also scared in general when Tua throws those close passes into coverage...we were fortunate to not have thrown more interceptions and you can bet that our future opponents are also focusing on that.

Date: September 19, 2023 04:28AM

Jc Years back those those handoffs never work because of poor blocking and coaching. The times we ran it against the pats on Sunday it worked. This is a new era good coaching great players and schemes.

Also agree tua needs to stop throwing into 3ple coverage even if it's tyreek. He had other great receivers too.

Date: September 19, 2023 04:33AM

The pats put 3 defenders way out in centerfield.

We beat them with the run.

Play safeties close to stop run We do what we did to the chargers.

It's pick your poison when you play the phins these days.

And I hope it continues.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2023 04:36AM by Rgphin.

Date: September 19, 2023 04:40AM

jlyell13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> its early but Ogbah has been invisible. Lucky AVG
> stepped it up
>
> O line played well again
>
> Where was Can Smith? Apple is terrible

Don't remember but the probably double teamed ogbah. Vg I do remember was going 1 on 1.

Chubbs did play well.

I agree ogbah was invisible.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 20, 2023 08:26AM

Reminding myself that we played this game without 3 of our best players: legit blue-chip players in Armstead & Ramsey and Phillips with the potential to become one in short order.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 20, 2023 08:53AM

Armstead is much too "part time" to be considered one of our best players, waste of money. The o-line seems to be doing pretty good without him. Phillips needs to be playing.

Date: September 20, 2023 10:10AM

Yeah Shame Armstead is hurt, but no doubt like tamper said , our Oline will just be better all round once he returns. Good to know we have depth at a position I've been pretty concerned about.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.