HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dalvin Cook
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dalvin Cook
Posted by: JC ()
Date: June 09, 2023 09:57AM

Free Agent. Miami native. Wants to play for us. Will he offer a hometown discount?

I actually like our running back by committee, but he'd obviously be an upgrade.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dalvin Cook
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: June 09, 2023 11:38AM

He be a starter from day one.

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: June 10, 2023 04:58AM

Cook can do things that no other back on our roster can do. He would make out team better, sign him. Cook and Achane will have DCs scratching their heads, Wilson is the power back. Trade Mostert (I like him) for what we can get.

We are looking good on both sides of the ball. Those extensions are my biggest concern but some will get paid, some will have to wait. Its just business.

Date: June 10, 2023 02:37PM

Can we afford him and a Olineman or 2?I'm all for adding play makers at every position but we need to keep TUA safe at all costs. Get a free agent lineman as well or nothing makes sense.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 10, 2023 09:27PM

Lineman are like socks..you can never have too many. I value OL for sure. But having a superstar running back also takes some heat off of Tua (in a different way). if the RB is a threat the opposing D can't expect him to pass as often. Also..he doesn't HAVE to pass as often. Yeah sign him!

Date: June 11, 2023 03:36PM

No doubt. But RBs can't run if they don't have a hole.

Number one problem last decade was Oline.
Number one problem last season? TUAs health. When he got sacked it was like he had a clear path to him and he got hit so hard his momma got bruises. I love all the upgrades the Dolphins have made BUT why not address the number 1 issue as well !?

Guess we will find out.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 12, 2023 04:07AM

The dolphins did not upgrade the oline. Hope the guys we had from last year have improved. Tua and the season depends on the oline. We have no depth. I don't understand why they didn't upgraded the oline.

Date: June 12, 2023 10:54AM

Whoa.... let's not say the Dolphins did nothing.......

We got a 7th rounder OT from Michigan ( Ross probably made them take him)and a injured player from NE. Rebuild complete.

For some reason Grier does not respect the Oline position. He thinks he can plug& play and instead of concentrating on the cracked foundation of the house he's adding a new roof and a 3rd floor. It's going to cave in on TUAs head again if not addressed.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 13, 2023 03:12AM

Exatly right. The house is going to Fall on their heads.

Then again maybe they are seeing something we are not.

I read eich and another oline starter from last year got in shape. Maybe we stay healthy and won't get injured like last years LT.

Let's try and think positive at least. But it's difficult knowing what happened last year.

Date: June 13, 2023 08:01AM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Let's try and think positive at least. But it's
> difficult knowing what happened last year.

I hear you. This defense was stout before injuries, Wilkinson is on his way to the ROH if he keeps if up. But go back a decade , 2 decades , only Bill Parcells ever addressed the Oline. I'm worried about the salary cap as well. Resigning Wilkinson should be a priority.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: June 13, 2023 08:45AM

Shula addressed it in first and second round long ago. Billy Milner and whats the other name Andrew Greene. Both stunk. We never had luck with oline draftees. Except webb and Sims. Talking about the last 25 years or so.

Date: June 13, 2023 08:47AM

Maybe about 35 year or so. Actually. I know before that in the 70s and 80s we had some good ones.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2023 08:49AM by Rgphin.

Date: June 13, 2023 12:14PM

Dolphins 1998 Oline was the last time we actually had a decent Oline:

RG Richmond Webb
LG Mark Dixon
C Tim Ruddy
RG Kevin Donnalley
RT James Brown

Marino was able to hoble about , We had a few more notable Olinemen.........Vernan Carey in 2007 , Jake Long was a MONSTER but he burnt himself out trying to carry the whole line. We get good ones like Terron Armstead and we burn them out trying to keep it together. I'd feel way better with a good back up a RT , LT and C. Rotate them and keep them fresh. You keep the same Olinemen in all game you will have break downs.

Also major importance: Make them all Play runs and passing . Dont pigon hole anyone or teams will know its a run or a pass everytime they come in. Keeping them guessing is KEY.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2023 12:17PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: June 13, 2023 05:18PM

2016 we had

LT Albert (1st round)
LG Tunsil (1st round)
C Pouncey (1st round)
RG Bushrod (4th round, but 2 pro bowls prior to coming to us)
RT James (1st round)

It was an unsustainable use of 1st round picks (whether made by us or paid by us as a FA who was a someone else's former 1st rounder) on the unit AND they couldn't stay healthy. But when they were for a stretch that season, we won.

I think we need another quality starter level FA that would push down Eich or Jackson to be a quality backup, but what I really think we need is a top-tier OL coach.

I do strongly agree that balanced playcalling can really help the OL as it keeps the D guessing.

Date: June 14, 2023 02:37AM

Tunsil! How did I completely forget about him? Great pick but we wound up using him more for trade fodder then anything else.

That was a good Oline on paper, but even with Albert , Pouncy and James, Tannehill....a very Mobile QB .....got sacked 30 times in 2016.Thats like 2 a game. TUA can't survive that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2023 02:31AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: June 15, 2023 01:30PM

True re: Tua and keeping him healthy behind a line like that. Nor did Tannehill, come to think of it. Late in the year when a couple of significant OL injuries had their effect on the lineup, he was injured in the AZ game. So, we had to run out Matt Moore for the PIT playoff game which was a disaster.

I was reminded when chatting w/my son about the 70s teams (which I was too young to really know about) that our OL had 2 HoF'ers and another who has been a long-time candidate. Incredible to have Griese, Czonka, Warfield and other talented folks at the skill positions with that OL blocking for them.

Date: June 15, 2023 03:38PM

No doubt. OLineman never get the props they deserved. Like that old saying about great men.......behind every great QB is a great line. Absolutely.

Richmond Webb. Simms. Don't kid yourself for a second if you don't realize a big part of Dan's success was due to them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 02:53PM

That's why they had the No.1 offense in the league that year- add also the No.1 defense to that mix, you go..UNDEFEATED.

Rick

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: July 08, 2023 03:09PM

You're quite correct about that.
I also agree with you about our current o-line, but..we need MORE. As for Cook, in my opinion, we don't need him. First, It doesn't seem as if he wants to give us a hometown discount (not that I blame him for that!). Second, we run a back-by-committee, as they did in SF when McDaniel was there, so we really can't use a primary back the way he would want to be used. Third, he is just as injury-prone as any back that we have. Fourth, he would use up most of the cap space that we have, so we wouldn't have the money to do any upgrade to the o-line, or possibly get some defensive talent to help out our new DC. And, fifth, though it doesn't have anything to do with anything, I've personally never found him to be at all impressive, and I personally don't want him.

Rick

Date: July 09, 2023 05:34PM

Per Jeff Darlington of ESPN, free agent running back Dalvin Cook is not willing to accept the current contract offer he has received from the Miami Dolphins.

It was reported by Mike Florio and Pro Football Talk on Thursday that the NY Jets have been gaining momentum on the Dalvin Cook front heading into training camp. Per Florio, “The Jets are a team that I was aware of as a potential destination for Cook weeks before he was actually cut.”

F**K THIS GUY. Please pass on him and get 2-3 lineman if available. The stronger we make the line the better our current RBs get.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: July 10, 2023 04:18AM

Agreed. Our current rbs can do the job. Why would we want an overpaid rb with injury issues when our oline is not very potent. Improve oline first and our current rbs will make it happen.

Date: July 10, 2023 12:45PM

Now Boomer Esiason is saying that Cook has a $7M offer from Minnesota but is using the Jets to get a higher offer from us. That feels like more of a Tannenbaum or Ireland kind of thing...here's to hoping he's several years too late for that kind of nonesense.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: July 18, 2023 09:16AM

just using phins to get more $$

forget him we drafted Achane or trade Mostert or Wilson for him

Date: July 18, 2023 11:43AM

Wilson didn't impress me last season. I hope he's over whatever it was that ailed him. Mostert carried this team. With better blocking I have a ton of confidence in him. Archane adds fresh legs when we need it. Just get us a nice center or guard. Both if we can swing it.........

I agree if Cook wants Miami weather.... trade Wilson. Do not trade Mostert. Guy played his ass off for us last season. Good reciever too.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: July 26, 2023 04:13PM

Boston sports site is saying the Pats are currently trying to get him.

Of course.

Date: July 27, 2023 05:24AM

F the Pats. Belichick is playing mind games. He was in on the Flores suit. He's just trying to drive the price up on us.

I hope cook goes there. I don't like him. He's about the money not a team player.I would enjoy seeing him crushed by the Dolphins DLine.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: July 27, 2023 12:09PM

TCPF you are right about Cook--the latest reports are he visited the Jets after the Pats...he's a whore all right.

Date: July 27, 2023 04:01PM

I got tickets to the Pats game through work. 50 of us are going with our spouse's. I want to see them crushed. All the New Englanders that moved down here need a " wicked" kick in the ass!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: July 27, 2023 04:18PM

I'll take Achane

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: July 28, 2023 04:03AM

I would rather have Cook in MIA rather than anywhere else in the AFC east. As for the money, he should get all he can, no working man anywhere is giving anyone a f-ing discount these days.

We can without him but other teams can win with him (Pats & Jets). Im more concerned about him joining the Jets than Rogers joining them.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.