Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We went defensive with our first pick...........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We went defensive with our first pick...........
Date: April 28, 2023 03:43PM

CB Cam Smith

Probably our second best position talentwise next to reciever?

Ok. I'm a defense lover , but dang, when are we gonna get some blocking? TE D Washington is a brutal run blocker. I would have settled for that.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We went defensive with our first pick...........
Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 28, 2023 04:22PM

Igbinoghene 2.0 what a senseless pick as everyone else loads up and fills their holes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2023 04:23PM by jlyell13.

Date: April 28, 2023 05:28PM

Like Achane Reggie Bush like. Wanted Miller Evans or Abanikanda or Keaton Mitchell later. A good addition.

Hopefully we grab Whyle, Averett or Jahleel Billingsley at TE later or UFA

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: April 29, 2023 06:34AM

Sheesh, this draft was uninspiring. I see the point of both picks and these 2 guys are not bargain basement types. Im thinking the phins want some insurance behind Howard and Ramsey and Smith gives them that. They do no want the season to be a wash if one of those 2 starters goes down. Crossen and Kohou are good but both are short, not really tall athletic alpha CBs. Needham is coming of injury as is Trill Williams who I thought was going to make some noise before going down in preseason. So while we appear solid at corner we could use another alpha, never can have too many good corners.

Achane is the kind of back that fits McDaniel's O. Looking at the 20 picks after him Washington was the only guy I would have like at 84 over him. A couple of nose tackles but I though the Phins would not grab a NT that high.

So while not excited I see the logic in the choices.

Iggi looked good at Auburn so I never really fault Grier for bringing him in. I still would give him a shot at safety. Also a change of scenery might do him some good why I would try to package him with Wilson for a 5th rnd pick.

Date: April 30, 2023 08:21AM

My oldest son was big on TE Washington as well at# 84.But Archane appears to be a speedy package type player, he's got huge potential on Special Teams as a punt returner. He's tiny though at 5' 9" 190.Not the power back I was hoping for.

Ok. So we then pick another reciver...,Higgins who is actually pretty big for his position. They say he could be turned into a reciever/ TE because he can block.

Then we get a converted big TE to Olineman Haynes. eye rolling smiley

Not pure players at thier positions, but have other special skill sets that make them unique.

Ex: Zack Thomas , drafter in 5th round because of his lack of size. He more then made up for it in other ways.

I hope these guys all are successful. I tell you what. When Miami was on the clock we had the picks in within 30 seconds. They knew who they wanted.

That's always a good sign. smileys with beer

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: May 07, 2023 04:26PM

Could have landed Schoonmaker, Washington,Kuntz, Mallory Kraft and Kelee Ringo by dropping down

Bills add Kincaid to Knox.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.