HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins sign WR Chosen Anderson
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins sign WR Chosen Anderson
Date: April 16, 2023 07:39AM

OK. ANOTHER reciever? Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle are guaranteed the top two spots, but beyond that, anything could happen with Cedrick Wilson Jr., Braxton Berrios, River Cracraft, Erik Ezukanma and Braylon Sanders.So we add another reciever still ignoring the Oline.

My other concern is this guy was an undrafted free agent in 2016 by the Jets.Since then He's played with three teams all together Including the Panthers and the Cardinals. He has decent enough numbers why does this guy keep getting traded and signed elsewhere? All the name changing and coming up with "Chosen" is a little strange. We seem to have a great Locker room I hope this guy doesnt upset the apple cart.

Can we get some OLINE help!~!?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins sign WR Chosen Anderson
Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: April 16, 2023 07:55AM

We haven't upgraded the oline so far at all. They are waiting until the draft. We need at least 2 starters.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: April 17, 2023 06:48AM

Think Wilson will be moved for a pick, 4th?

Worth a look. Won't be around line if he doesn't clean up his act

Date: April 17, 2023 08:48AM

I hope Hill talks to him and gets his head screwed on straight. It's a Team sport. You are not " chosen"

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: April 17, 2023 09:57AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OK. ANOTHER reciever? Tyreek Hill and Jaylen
> Waddle are guaranteed the top two spots, but
> beyond that, anything could happen with Cedrick
> Wilson Jr., Braxton Berrios, River Cracraft, Erik
> Ezukanma and Braylon Sanders.So we add another
> reciever still ignoring the Oline.
>
> My other concern is this guy was an undrafted free
> agent in 2016 by the Jets.Since then He's played
> with three teams all together Including the
> Panthers and the Cardinals. He has decent enough
> numbers why does this guy keep getting traded and
> signed elsewhere? All the name changing and coming
> up with "Chosen" is a little strange. We seem to
> have a great Locker room I hope this guy doesnt
> upset the apple cart.
>
> Can we get some OLINE help!~!?

Treasure. Agree 100%. When I saw that Miami signed this guy, I asked myself "Why...don't we have enough receivers?" Besides, Miami has let go of a few WRs that have played well and also know the system. So the brass brings in another receiver, along with his baggage? Also agree....where the hell is the urgency for upgrading the OL? Sometimes I wonder what Grier is thinking.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 18, 2023 03:34AM

Quote: Also agree....where the hell is the urgency for upgrading the OL? Sometimes I wonder what Grier is thinking.

I read a McD quote that he thinks he can get better play out of the O-line guys already on the team. Still, I hope they draft one or two more next week.

Date: April 18, 2023 05:47AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote: Also agree....where the hell is the urgency
> for upgrading the OL? Sometimes I wonder what
> Grier is thinking.
>
> I read a McD quote that he thinks he can get
> better play out of the O-line guys already on the
> team. Still, I hope they draft one or two more
> next week.

If they go into the season with the same squad on Oline they are going to own it 100% if TUA gets hurt again.

A center and a Tackle are crucial to any further success.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 18, 2023 06:12AM

What makes them believe the same oline is going to do well. That same oline struggled all of last year and got tua hurt in 2023 and 2022. Remember that free shot from a bill lb that got tua hurt in 2022?

Tua will not last if they don't upgrade the oline.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 18, 2023 09:14AM

Regarding "Chosen", I'm more a fan of giving chances to troubled/troublesome players when they're proven elite talent. Think Moss to the Patriots after troubled times in Oakland. I will say that when he was producing 15 YPC and 5-7 TD/yr w/NY, his QB situation was one of the worst in the league.

Regarding the OL, they may be thinking that better coaching can squeeze more juice from the same orange. I agree in theory and would say that OL is the unit on the team that can most be impacted by coaching. That said, I remember hearing last year how fortunate we were to have landed Applebaum as our OL coach. This year, the coach is Butch Barry. Both assisted by Lemuel Jeanpierre who headed the line in 2021 when it dramatically underperformed and got Tua killed in the Buffalo game. Given that, I don't think it's reasonable to assume that the 2023 version of OL coaching will get 2+2>4, but it would be nice to find a hidden gem of a coach for that unit this once. In the meantime, it would be irresponsible to stand pat with the players on hand.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 24, 2023 02:32PM

"Remember that free shot from a bill lb that got tua hurt in 2022?"
Are you serious? That was entirely Tua's fault! The o-line gave him plenty of time, he just ran around back there like he was waiting for some defensive player to knock his head off, which is exactly what happened. He had plenty of time to look at every receiver he had available (maybe twice!) on the field, and still had time to throw it away if he wanted. He didn't, for some foolish reason. He earned that concussion all by himself.

Rick

Date: April 25, 2023 07:57AM

Disagreed the guy was unblocked. Came from the blindside and had maybe 1 and half seconds to deliver the football. Olines fault.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: April 26, 2023 07:44AM

Maybe talking about 2 different occurences. I think the one Rg is referencing was the 2021 game that knocked Tua out for a handful of games. Not the 2022 game where Milano shoved Tua and he fell back and hit his head and got up woozy.

Either way - OL has to get better at protecting and Tua has to get better at the things that protect himself.

Date: April 26, 2023 03:47PM

Marino was practically a boat anchor. He developed that quick release because he can't run .....he can barely walk. YET he was one of the least sacked QBs despite no wheels.

His quick vision of defenses and release helped but he also had Olinemen like Richmond Webb. When that Oline played well we scared teams. We were unstoppable. 3 games last season we were a Top three NFL team.
The administration has to see that. What are they waiting for?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: April 27, 2023 09:15AM

Hopefully we will draft some ol to help tua.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 27, 2023 11:25AM

You may be right about the different plays- but, I believe you are totally correct in your assessment of the solutions.

Rick

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.