HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Chargers: Sunday Night's Game Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Dolphins v. Chargers: Sunday Night's Game Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 15, 2022 09:38AM

I read a couple of articles in the Miami Herald and according to the paper, the Dolphins don't play well in the cold, will face 30 mph winds, 20+ degree temperatures with the possibility of snow. That's enough weather for Bills fans to move to balmy South Florida.

Also, it appears we have no Safeties. Whoever is placed in that "temporary" position will likely be lost and confused often. McDaniels stated something to the effect that the team isn't doing anything special in practice this week. Maybe nothing "special" per se, but they better figure out a way to reach the QB, and rushing only will open the door for a QB "elusive" catch me, run for big yardage.

No running game available for the Bills and our receivers could only muster 2.8 yards separation from coverage last game. Lowest numbers this year. What game plan and offense will click against the Bills? Big issue...maybe no answer.

Hmmm. I sense this coming game is going to be ugly for the Dolphins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 15, 2022 11:24AM

I am going to disagree, somewhat, with some of the posts thus far.

Both teams have to play in this weather; granted, the Bills are home, but they are still human...the cold will also get to them. Now, saying that....

The Fins can win this game, however, I am not saying they will, but they do have a shot, IF....

McDaniel can come up with plays that can be beneficial to our offense, along with the plays that have got Miami to where they presently are. Run the same pass plays, but have the TEs and/or RBs free to the outside and allow Tua to hit them. Of course, Tua has to find them, but with his game being timing, priority one is to the outside. Keep Hill and Waddle going over the middle. When Tua starts hitting the outside, the Bills will have to change their defense. Once that happens, back to Hill and Waddle. Don't forget, running in the snow can be tricky, and our guys know where they are going; the Bills' DBs don't. Should get separation.

Get that running game going, and keep it going. Ingold could be key in hitting the middle with the RBs going outside. With the snow, I think Miami will have better luck inside. But, McDaniel has to use Ingold as a runner, not just as a blocker.

The only way the above will be successful is if our OL does their job. Give Tua time....open holes for the running backs.

Our D is going to have to step up. The front 7 can pretty much hold their own, its the DBs that concern me. Miami is going to have to get a lot of pressure on Allen, make him throw before he is ready. If Boyer can get the rush, there is a good chance Miami can get some turnovers. For a game like this, that is key.

Anyway, despite what I just said, I am somewhat hesitant about this game. The Fins HAVE to get out of their funk. Lose this one, and Miami will probably be knocked out of the playoffs.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 15, 2022 03:49PM

With the defense apparently dropping LB back and jamming WR off the line, our running game has to show up. If the LB are giving space, we have to make them pay there. It'll be tough in the wind & weather, but we also really need to hit long throws when we attempt them. The 1st pass attempt of the game against LAC if Tua hits it, it's a 75-yd TD.

I do agree that if the running game is going, we should be able to re-incorporate our bread & butter passing game as they bring the LB back up. And, defensive turnovers absolutely can be a key for sure.

I'm not confident, but I still believe if we bring our A game we can compete with almost anyone.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.