HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Chargers: Sunday Night's Game Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins v. Chargers: Sunday Night's Game Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: December 11, 2022 03:31AM

Dolphins face the Chargers on NBC's Sunday Night Football. This is yet another big chance for the Dolphins to be seen playing well and trying to raise its image and reputation as a competitive team. This is a game I am looking forward to tonight.

Tua will be on stage for this big game and we can only believe that he will be on spot-on. Same holds true with all players. After last week's poor showing, everyone should be ready to go with a strong bounce-back, resulting in a win!

Go Dolphins!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Chargers: Sunday Night's Game Thread
Date: December 11, 2022 04:04AM

TUA will bounce back. Hopefully Armstead plays.

My boys are home for the holidays so I'm expecting a great game tonight!!!!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: December 11, 2022 07:21AM

smileys with beer

Phins 37
Bolts 27

Go Phins!!!

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 11, 2022 08:13AM

I shall be there! So excited hope it is what I expect from them smileys with beer

Date: December 11, 2022 03:12PM

Waiting all day. Let's go Fins!smiling bouncing smiley

Date: December 11, 2022 04:06PM

What's going on? Chargers are covering tight and the center of the field is currently off limits for our receivers. No running game yet. C'mon guys...let's make a few plays--catches would be nice.

Date: December 11, 2022 04:20PM

Dolphins fumble...damn...no wait, Hill has it...damn...he's gone nobody can catch him--TD! Thrilling.

Date: December 11, 2022 05:02PM

It's 17-7 at the half and the Dolphins have shown little defense in the secondary and have had no offense to speak of. The offensive strategy needs to change as the Chargers have the Dolphins' offense figured out.

The secondary can't cover anyone. Howard is too far away covering his receiver and is steps behind. Our LBs can't cover at all it seems. Pressure by the D just allows Herbert to dodge and move out of the pocket to complete passes to receivers that are wide open.

If I can see these faults why can't the pro coaches. Adjustments need to be made everywhere for the Dolphins offense to catch up and surpass the Chargers. We MUST win the second half and score 20 points as the D can't stop anything.

Date: December 11, 2022 05:05PM

The ninersshowed other teamshowto defend phins.

Date: December 11, 2022 05:10PM

Defensive coordinator better WTF up.

He keeps bringing blitz and they just dump it 5-10 yds. Every play.

Not all TUAs fault. These recivers are running bad routes and dropping balls.

Now we see what McDaniels is made of. Can he change it up ? Still a very winnable game if we get our heads out of our asses.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 11, 2022 05:10PM

Tyreek has an ankle injury and is doubtful to return.

Date: December 11, 2022 05:33PM

My gawd. That was the worst penalty call of all time. The worst. I would have liked to see McDaniels a little more vocal. terrible.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 11, 2022 05:53PM

Oline is just collapsing. Armstead is getting thrown around.

But..........as bad as Miami is playing its still only a 1 score game. eye popping smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: December 11, 2022 06:16PM

Even going back to the 2nd half of the Texans game, this offense has not looked good. Some kind of sudden collapse they can't get out of.

Obviously, the last two weeks this O looks like the offense of recent years. Depressing.

Date: December 11, 2022 06:48PM

Another loss.

The game plan was wrong trying to throw into the center of the field. The Chargers played tight on our receivers and bumped them often to slow them down. Continuing to try to throw to them in the center of the field was stupid. Why not simply go to down and outs and play a little 2-minute type drills to move the ball down the field. This is mostly on McDaniels who calls the plays. Teams know our weakness now and will exploit as much as possible. We have little chance of beating the Bills unless something miraculous happens with the offensive strategy.

Our Defense can only do so much. #2 is supposed to be a pass rusher. Didn't see him or hear his number called at all. Wilkins continues to excel. Phillips is a bright light too. Howard not covering well and not much around the ball. He's not tackling worth a damn--in fact, he tries to avoid contact if possible. He's not showing much, IMO.

Grossly disappointed, on big loss on national TV. Herbert on the other hand looked terrific. He moved and eluded being sacked and made great completions on the run. He made Tua's performance look amateur. IMO another black eye for a team that has potential to win the division. We are now 8-5. What team will we beat in the weeks ahead? All bets were on the Dolphins to win tonight. Everybody misjudged the Dolphins except the Chargers.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 11, 2022 06:53PM

I'd even say the 1st half of the Texans game, really. We left so much on the field even going up 30-0 with a defensive score, etc. I'm not smart enough to know what adjustments are needed, but they clearly are needed. Play like this will result in 0 wins (or maybe a lucky one somewhere) the rest of the way.

Date: December 11, 2022 07:51PM

We know these guys can play. The coaches are not putting them in a place to succeed. The playing calling was awful.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 12, 2022 02:41AM

We know these guys can play. The coaches are not putting them in a place to succeed. The playing calling was awful.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 12, 2022 03:37AM

Clearly McD's inexperience is showing. No halftime adjustments to speak of. Opposing defenses have figured out how to take away the middle of the field and, McD has no plan B that Tua can handle. The December swoon is alive and well in Miami.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: December 12, 2022 08:59AM

Been a big Tua supporter but have to say he looked terrible and can't blame the oline. He had time and missed several open throws the good ones don't. Shut down by a Charger D, missing key players, while Herbert made some big throws. If not for 2 big plays, one a freak one, could have easily been a shutout and we could have won with a few 3rd down conversions and some running game and better play calling

like the first 5 throws to Tyreke, somewhat predictable

Likely have to win 2-3 of the next 4 to get to playoffs. Have to take 2 or 3 of Jets, Pack, Pats.

may be a fluke, but Purdy has made the big throws, Tua having issues dealing with the pressure in critical games and plays

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2022 09:02AM by jlyell13.

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: December 12, 2022 09:08AM

Teams have figured out how to play our offense, and the opponents' offenses easily beat our DBs. As someone previously said, Howard is giving too much space and yes, his tackling leaves a lot to be desired.

Tua was off (again), but why couldn't our receivers get space? Since teams are concentrating so much on our WRs, especially Hill and Waddle, why aren't our TEs being targeted? Gesecki is one of the best receiving TEs in the league, but he seems to be a forgotten man. Our RBs are also very capable of catching passes and getting yardage after the catch.

Miami may still end up with a winning record and maybe get into the first round of the playoffs, but that's as far as they will get. Grier is going to have to really do some work to strengthen this team for the 2023 season, and McDaniel is gonna have to come up with different schemes.

Tua, for sure, knocked himself out of the MVP race, but Hill should have smooth sailing in that conversation. The only other player I see getting votes is Wilkens, and maybe Phillips. Oh, McDaniel is no longer in the running for Coach of the Year.

Going to Buffalo Saturday. Cold, snow, and wind...not a good combination for a warm weather team. How will it affect Tua? Oh, and not only that, the Bills are a very good team. Mark another L.

Well, it was an exciting season until teams figured out how to stop the Fins.

Date: December 12, 2022 11:30AM

Our middle linebacker (I forget his name #52) is very good on working running plays. He hits very hard. However, he is too slow and can't stay with any receiver.He is anywhere between 3-5 yards behind the receiver. He needs to be relegated to obvious running plays. A fleet footed linebacker needs to be in there.

For several games the guys in the booth noticed how empty the center of the field was allowing Tua to complete passes there. When the teams saw the tapes they removed that weakness from their defensive scheme and that stopped most of the catches there. They kept hearing that Tua was passing based on timing.The fix was to bump our receivers as they came off the line. So much for timing throws.

McDaniel is calling plays but can't see what's happening at ground level so he can't make spontaneous changes or adjustments. He needs someone in the booth looking down to advise him or an on the job real offensive coordinator to call plays based on the defensive schemes.

Yes, Gesicki is a forgotten receiver. However, I didn't see him getting clear of coverage when he was in the game. He is no longer a target for McDaniel.

In my view, lousy play calling and failure to adjust...killed our chances of winning. McDaniel makes rookie mistakes. He has to get smarter. Less geekiness...rely on real time situations and adjust.

Date: December 12, 2022 04:49PM

colonel Wrote:

> Yes, Gesicki is a forgotten receiver. However, I
> didn't see him getting clear of coverage when he
> was in the game.

I was a huge Giesicki fan.....but I saw him drop very catchable passes 2 weeks in a row at crucial moments. Smythe has had a more productive season and he can block.

>
> In my view, lousy play calling and failure to
> adjust...killed our chances of winning. McDaniel
> makes rookie mistakes. He has to get smarter.
> Less geekiness...rely on real time situations and
> adjust.

BINGO.thumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 13, 2022 02:58AM

Why would anybody bother going to buffalo and see the beating we are going to take.

Date: December 13, 2022 03:03AM

I add to what colonel said.....

Add every charger corner holding on almost every play and the refs not calling it....recipe for disaster for the phins offense.

Date: December 13, 2022 12:18PM

The Refs usually blow ......But were wearing capes during this game.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 14, 2022 05:31AM

Our linebackers in general can't cope with a good TE or slot receiver, nor can they contain a fast or big QB that has some speed. Just my observations. That being stated, the D is going to have its hands full coping with the Bills. If the weather is somewhat inclement, aside from being Buffalo cold, our fair weather team is up against it, big time. Sad to say, I am not very optimistic.

Date: December 14, 2022 08:38AM

Good observations. Our line backers miss tackles, can't go side line to side line. We seem to be a one trick pony......Blitz Blitz Blitz.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: December 15, 2022 06:34AM

Tua lost his magic. Every team will move the lbs. To midfield because our rbs cant get past tthe los. Cant run ball. Mid field where the phins receivers made most catches is covers game over.

Bills 24
Phins 10

Date: December 15, 2022 06:37AM

Even in a loss we win if tua comes off this game injured free. And he plays in the last 3 games of the season.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.