Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Question for the members of this forum...
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Question for the members of this forum...
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: June 13, 2009 05:43AM

Can someone explain to me what is TWITTER and what does it do????

I really do not have much time to read the net since im always working.....Except sunday of course when im off work and i watch the phins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question for the members of this forum...
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 13, 2009 06:08AM

Its a way to tell your friends (or fans if your celeb) what you are doing at any moment in time.

Like I could go on TWITTER right now and put up an update that says........."Reading Phin.com forums and discussing Dolphins football"

Then like 3 hours later I could put up........."Going out to lunch with some friends."

Just a way to tell everyone what your doing at any moment in time

Date: June 13, 2009 06:10AM

OK thank you mike.

Posted by: DolphinSam ()
Date: June 13, 2009 06:17AM

I hate twitter. And I hate that they call it "tweeting" when you twitter. It's just another sign of the apocolypse, imo.

Why on earth do we need anybody's disjointed, brief, useless bits of spontaneous information? (Dudes...eating bf taco rt now its gr8!)

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: June 13, 2009 04:30PM

Kid stuffthumbs down

Posted by: realist ()
Date: June 14, 2009 04:46PM

So were video games in the 70's.

I agree that it has limited appeal, but, really...why do we sign on to this forum every day for 13 years?

Drew Rosenhaus uses twitter to generate chatter about his clients.

twitter can be dangerous though. Some guy 'tweeted' something to the effect of " on vacation with the whole family"...which one of his 'followers' read as...." my house is empty, come rob me"....which is what happened.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: June 14, 2009 07:27PM

Yes, you could, but why would you want to? Does anybody else find this kind mindless prattle pathetic? And does anybody really think SOMEBODY actually reads this stuff?

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/14/2009 07:29PM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: June 15, 2009 06:38AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yes, you could, but why would you want to? Does
> anybody else find this kind mindless prattle
> pathetic? And does anybody really think SOMEBODY
> actually reads this stuff?

Why would anyone want the world to know what they are doing all the time. Mindless garbage as far as I'm concerned. Who gives a crap about constant communication. That is nothing but a crutch.

Let's get back to football.

Date: June 15, 2009 06:49AM

My twitter of the day.....

1. 3:15 PM Afternoon....Just ate a hot tackle and a hot burrito supreme with extra hot sauce.

2. 3:40 PM Been sitting on the toilet for about 2 hours. Writting on my wireless laptop. ITS HOT ITS HOT.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: June 15, 2009 01:34PM

realist Wrote:
> twitter can be dangerous though. Some guy
> 'tweeted' something to the effect of " on vacation
> with the whole family"...which one of his
> 'followers' read as...." my house is empty, come
> rob me"....which is what happened.

RESPONSE: Even moreso, did you hear about the fool who actually tweeted about himself having committed a robbery (or was it a burglary) and got arrested?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: June 15, 2009 02:21PM

Wow, I couldn't live without knowing that.

Rick

Date: June 15, 2009 02:43PM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Wow, I couldn't live without knowing that.

RESPONSE: And yet, contradictorily, you waste even more of your time responding to it.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 16, 2009 09:46AM

Twitter is cool and can be very useful, with in business also. FOr example most of the TOP NFL execs use it privately to communicate with each other when they are out of reach or in a meeting. For instance, you have a long 3 hour meeting, with no answering phone calls during, you post on twitter, I am meeting with so in so, should be out in 3 hours, phone is off. Therefor, you business connections, dont freak out when they can't get a hold of you. Or my favorite guitarist gives out free tickets to each concert on his tour to a local person that follows him on twitter. Or Bands will post inside links for expample NIN was trying to save a mans life, who didnt have insurance and needed a heart transplant, if you donated 1000 dollars to save this guy, you could get backstage passes and eat dinner with NIN and Janes Addiction before their show, this was advertised to NIN and Janes fans through their respective Twitter page. SO just like anything, it is always what you do with it or make of it.... I guess the internet can be dangerous, not just twitter, staying away from using it becasue it is dangerous, You might as well shut your cpu off and never log back onto the internet, because everytime you log on, you are in danger of potential criminals period IMO,

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:12AM

Crowder, as far as business goes, that is what secretaries and phone mail is for. As far as the rest, fine if you want to spend all your time in the Internet. For me, I enjoy my time away from the compuker more that I do on it.
As for the Phins, the biggest reason I'm here is to get the latest info on my favorite team.
You guys are great for passing on the latest.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: June 17, 2009 09:19AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Crowder, as far as business goes, that is what
> secretaries and phone mail is for. As far as the
> rest, fine if you want to spend all your time in
> the Internet. For me, I enjoy my time away from
> the compuker more that I do on it.
> As for the Phins, the biggest reason I'm here is
> to get the latest info on my favorite team.
> You guys are great for passing on the latest.

For me it is more convenient and cheaper to post and update on Twitter, then either changing my phone message every few hours, or if I dont talk to my secretary in between meetings or business while on the run. A quick tweet on your phone is the easiest sometimes. I also saw this, this morning on Washington Post's Website

"The State Department asked social-networking site Twitter to delay scheduled maintenance earlier this week to avoid disrupting communications among tech-savvy Iranian citizens as they took to the streets to protest Friday's reelection of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. The move illustrates the growing influence of online social-networking services as a communications media. Foreign news coverage of the unfolding drama, meanwhile, was limited by Iranian government restrictions barring journalists from "unauthorized" demonstrations.

"One of the areas where people are able to get out the word is through Twitter," a senior State Department official said in a conversation with reporters, on condition of anonymity. "They announced they were going to shut down their system for maintenance and we asked them not"

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: June 18, 2009 06:20AM

as a Dolphins fan TWITTER is great. Twitter with Omar Kelly and Omar updates his thing damn near all day with every little bit of news from Dolphins headquarters.

Twitter is what it is. People looking for it to have some great moral value or to change the world.........it's not that. But to interact with friends, keep up with friends, or to get news.........it's just another way.

Nothing wrong with it at the end of the day.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: June 18, 2009 07:25AM

wow...humanity is disappointing me more each day.

How stupid do you have tobe to make that choice and still be able to pull off a buglary? and operate an electronic device?

idiot!

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: June 18, 2009 10:53AM

a waste of bandwidth. Not sure what the need is to broadcast or monitor anyone or anything to the degree being used.

It is IMHO unfocused communication and either a bit nosey or lazy communication

Date: June 18, 2009 12:40PM

I guess there are not many professors in prison.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.