HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          1972 alumni pop another cork on some bubbly
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
1972 alumni pop another cork on some bubbly
Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 15, 2022 11:48AM

I know this may sound silly to younger fans...but it's about all we old timers have left: the undefeated 1972 season (which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year).

The last remaining team with no losses for the year, the Philadelphia Eagles...now DOES have a loss, thanks to the Washington...football..guardians....(the hell are they calling themselves now?). oh yeah COMMANDERS. Despite the name change, this is the very team we beat in the SuperBowl of the undefeated 1972 season, and here they are returning the favor spinning smiley sticking its tongue out by beating the Eagles...thanks, Commanders!

*edited to add...my joking about the Commanders team name was not intended to make light of the reason why they changed their name....it was intended to make fun of myself for being OLD. For example I still call it Dade County (not Miami-Dade County), the Sunshine State Parkway (not the Florida Turnpike), etc. It's difficult for this old timer to remember new things.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2022 12:02PM by JC.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 1972 alumni pop another cork on some bubbly
Date: November 15, 2022 02:49PM

Lol. I'm as happy as any Dolphins fan to see our legacy intact. But we havnt had any HOF caliber players in decades. No championships, titles, nothing but some ugly new logo.

Hopefully we can change that . Make the surviving players themselves proud for change.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 15, 2022 03:21PM

I'm motivated by Tua's recovery and performance after all of his cumulative injuries (here's hoping he stays healthy....for his own sake).

And as I said in another thread, I'm REALLY impressed how we have multiple capable running backs. Makes me recall the Csonka Kiick Morris days.

Date: November 15, 2022 04:24PM

McDaniels has delivered a very capable offense. I was wrong about TUA. Healthy or not I didn't think he was this good. You can't put it all on Hill , Waddle , and the rest of the offense. We saw how those same players played without him.

I am glad I was wrong!!!! And McDaniels has not stopped adding new players. He's aggressive and wants to win. I love the new attitude this team has. We stay healthy we could go deep after December.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 17, 2022 11:50AM

smileys with beer '72 undefeated Dolphins!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 17, 2022 02:26PM

smileys with beer

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.