HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins v. Bears: Game Day Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Dolphins v. Bears: Game Day Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: November 06, 2022 04:34AM

Our Dolphins are in the Windy City to play the Bears this afternoon. I have to wonder if our newest arrivals will see activity especially Chubb. We need to exert more pass rush pressure on opponents and hopefully Chubb will be the component that will improve that aspect of the game. Put another way, I hope he kicks butt! LOL

Tua seems to be on track again and today is another opportunity for him to hit our receivers for big plays. I still would like to see more involvement from Gesicki. After watching Notre Dame manhandle Clemson last night, TE Michael Mayer showed impeccable blocking that freed up ND runners. Gesicki needs to improve his game and play like Mayer, IMO.

Go get 'em Dolphins! Beat the Bears!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins v. Bears: Game Day Thread
Date: November 06, 2022 04:56AM

Da bears!

Watching TUA he needs to throw to players in stride , 4 times last week Hill had to stop and turn to catch the pass. If he can hit Hill or Waddle in full stride they are untouchable.

Penalties need to stop.

I'm guessing Wilson(Rcool smiley will play....he knows the offense. I hope they play Chubb at least on 3rd down situations.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 06, 2022 06:01AM

Phins 27 bears 21.

No injuries for both te

ams after the game.

Date: November 06, 2022 08:21AM

Our first possession--TD by Mostert. Good, accurate passing. It's 7-3. This will be an interesting game.

Date: November 06, 2022 09:06AM

Phillips with the block punt. So far winning 21-10

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: November 06, 2022 09:26AM

That was some pathetic clock management right before the half. McD getting too cute and missed a scoring opportunity.

Date: November 06, 2022 09:28AM

That last drive by the Dolphins was a bit of a mess. It ended with a missed field goal by Sanders. We get the ball after half time and hopefully we can drive for a TD. I am hoping we didn't lose momentum with that messy last drive.

Justin Fields is hard to contain and he is the Bears' best runner. His ball handling is also exceptional. If defensive adjustments can be made that will be helpful. Also, time of possession needs to increase by the Fins to give our D more time to refresh. Being to tired to pursue Fields may be our undoing. This is an interesting game. Block kick and Van Ginkel pick up for 6 was very cool.

Date: November 06, 2022 09:32AM

That 2 min drive was disgraceful. Ended with a chip shot miss The hot dog vender could have made. That drive looked like the scoring drive on the first pre season game by a bunch of Rookies. Daniels has great talent but he needs to get some disapline installed . The players dont seem to be playing with any counciousness . Its all muscle and no brains out there.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 06, 2022 09:48AM

Pathetic defensive play.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 06, 2022 09:52AM

Quit obvious that Flores was the defensive mastermind last season. Boyers can't even teach tackling.

Date: November 06, 2022 10:04AM

That new rb wilson is got some ability. Wow....

Date: November 06, 2022 10:06AM

This new offense reminds mw when brady used to pitch and catch with welker in new england. The cheetah and waddle cant be covered.

Date: November 06, 2022 10:07AM

Might win or lose this game but our offense is fun to watch

Date: November 06, 2022 10:44AM

Tackling is poor. Tua should have held on to the ball and run to his right rather than toss the ball low to Smythe. We can't defend Fields. He is elusive and fast. He's a better runner than thrower, IMO, but capable of throwing the ball for a TD.

We may not be able to hold on in this one. Now sitting on the edge of my seat with fingers crossed.

Date: November 06, 2022 11:13AM

Tua is still underthrowing way too much and almost lost the game. Jets beat Barfalo so, the division race tightens up.

Date: November 06, 2022 11:15AM

We won.... The refs were off when they failed to call defensive interference on our CB. He held...no question about it. THAT was in favor of the Dolphins but should have been called against us. That would have changed the final minute or so of play. The game closed with a whimper after that, IMO.

Justin Fields established an NFL record running the ball against us. He is amazing and our positioning and tackling was lousy. We won...I'll take it but it wasn't a thing of beauty....

I recall a game with San Diego many years ago when Shula was HC. It was a back and forth game, and we lost it in the final minute. It was a terrific ball game. Neither team should have lost that one, but the Dolphins did. This was getting close to that game and like I stated above, the last few minutes kept me on the edge of my seat with this game, however, this game went out like a whimper. That is the way I feel. The Bears probably believe they were robbed by the non-interference call. I get that.

Jet's beat the Bills and Jacksonville wins a game. What a crazy Sunday.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 06, 2022 02:46PM

It was DPI on that play...but I didn't think it really was on the INT they negated, so kind of feel like one made up for the other.

Our passing game is so full of potential that I can look at Tua's performance today - 135 rating, 3 TD, no INT, etc. and say he left a good bit on the table. The underthrown pass to Waddle & the terrible 4th down attempt to Smythe come directly to mind.

Our OL played well.

Defense: whiskey tango foxtrot! Poor tackling and I couldn't see a single adjustment being made in-game to counter Fields' running.

Date: November 06, 2022 04:12PM

Whew. That win was uglier then the cast of the view naked in Macy's window.

Refs were our 12th player today for a change.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 07, 2022 06:05AM

They called a holding on xavien that wasnt. He intd on that play. Int was negated.

Refs throw crap at both teams.

We won. Just be happy.

Date: November 07, 2022 06:07AM

Be happy we have tua. Imagine if we had any of the other 15 previous scrub qbs we had before.

We score in the 20s or below and we lose this game.

Date: November 07, 2022 10:43AM

Rgphin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They called a holding on xavien that wasnt. He
> intd on that play. Int was negated.
>
> Refs throw crap at both teams.
>
> We won. Just be happy.

Be happy? Sorry. Not happy when our 2 minute offense before the half looked like a last place high school team. Our defense from last season has gotten worse despite adding some real talent. Not to mention missing a 29 yd field goal!?

We play the Bills or the Jets again we will get our asses handed to us if we are making mistakes like that.

That said.......TUA is doing his thing. But like Dan Marino, he can't do it all. We need our defense to defend or like Marino we will never get past the playoffs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 07, 2022 11:38AM

Just be happy to have a real qb for a change. We winning because of him. 6-0

Date: November 07, 2022 01:28PM

Rgphin Wrote:
> Just be happy to have a real qb for a change. We
> winning because of him. 6-0

If your happy becuase we won on ref call that could have went either way then thats up to you. But we have 2 sides of the ball.........3 including special teams. And we are only playing well on 1 out of 3. That wont get you far in the playoffs.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 07, 2022 02:04PM

All i care is that we are winning....refs messed up favoring the bears as well. They called a holding on xavien and he int the football...penalty against the dolphins....it went both ways.

Just be happy we are winning and after 30 post marino years we finnaly have a true pedigree qb. That he can stay healthy still remains to be seen.

We are finnaly over the 10 to 15 scrub qbs that came after marino.

Enjoy our success while you can.

Date: November 07, 2022 02:07PM

The holding on xavien was a missed called as well. That int would had changed the game.

Date: November 07, 2022 02:16PM

There are some reports that Josh Allen suffered a season ending ligament tear to his throwing elbow. If true, the division is clearly within reach.

Date: November 07, 2022 03:31PM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> There are some reports that Josh Allen suffered a
> season ending ligament tear to his throwing elbow.
>

If true, the division is clearly within reach.

holy shit!? I dont like to wish that on anybody but we can win the AFC east if TUA stays healthy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 08, 2022 12:25AM

Gotta get past the mighty Jest. They are legit.

Date: November 08, 2022 09:58AM

Hooligan2 Wrote:
> Gotta get past the mighty Jest. They are legit.

Nah. We just have to tighten up. Too many players on the field penalties are just dumb. Stop losing yards for stupity. That and TUA needs to stay healthy. We can dominate the AFC east.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: captkoi ()
Date: November 08, 2022 01:44PM

Can't keep playing like this. Our D is going to get clobbered when we play the "good" teams, and they are coming up soon. Yes, I understand our DBs are on IR and we have a bunch that we plucked off the street. They aren't playing poorly, but because of their inexperience, Boyer can't call the blitzes he normally does. We don't have many picks in next year's draft, but Miami has to grab DBs and OL. They need to try to get some good DB help from the waiver wire or thru trade.

Miami was extremely lucky they came away with the win vs both Detroit and Chicago. Should beat Cleveland, but I don't have a lot of faith right now.

Tua is playing well, but think of how much better he could be if he has just a little more time where he could set his feet and also get the ball out quicker downfield to Hill and Waddle. Get it out quicker with a lot of air under the ball and let the two of them run under it. That happens, watch our running game click.

But again, that D needs to be fixed.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.