Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Dolphins considering a first round pick for a pass rusher?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Dolphins considering a first round pick for a pass rusher?
Date: October 31, 2022 09:31AM

Looks like the Broncos Bradley Chubb might be up for grabs.Miami is looking to share up the passing game a bit.......

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dolphins considering a first round pick for a pass rusher?
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 31, 2022 04:51PM

He's played 16 games just once...his rookie year, when he had his high in sacks (12). Since then, he's topped out at 7.5 sacks when he played 14 games in 2020, and many fewer in 2019 and 2021 when he played far fewer games.

I've heard the Broncos have an offer that includes a 1st rounder. Hoping it's not us, if Roquan Smith can be had for a 2nd & 5th rounder. Feels like it would be overpaying for a guy who can't stay healthy and isn't truly special when he is.

That said, I haven't really ever paid attention to him and sack stats don't always tell the whole story.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 01, 2022 02:38AM

We do need someone who can disrupt the pocket when rushing 4. Ingram was doing that then, inexplicably, boyer cut his snaps.

I was skeptical with the "keep the d intact" approach this past offseason. Couldn't care less what picks we give up. Grier can't draft to save his life.

Date: November 01, 2022 10:08AM

Ok it's Official. Chubb should be in Miami in the AM. We have no first rounder and we also gave RB Emounds.

Looks like McDaniels is trying to get his RB from SF. Jeff Wilson

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 01, 2022 10:10AM

OK Wilson is a Dolphin. He already knows the offense. Shouldn't take him long to get up to speed. Just hope he stays healthy.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: November 01, 2022 11:12AM

Here's to hoping I'm wrong and he ends up staying healthy and productive and staying with us (and healthy and productive) for years.

Date: November 01, 2022 02:24PM

I give Miami credit. We are 5-3 and they are looking for ways to win.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 01, 2022 03:20PM

At least the front office is trying their best to upgrade the team.

Date: November 02, 2022 06:51AM

While I do have concerns about his injury history and the fact that he's in the last 1/2 season of his contract (though I hear a new contract is apparently being worked on), my actual concern is probably more philosophical in terms of how to utilize limited resources.

When our secondary is playing as it ought to be in our system that depends so heavily upon that, our DL and edge rushers are much more effective than what we've seen so far this season. When I consider Wilk, Sieler, Phillips, Ingram & Ogbah, that represents a group who, in 2021, were highly effective (both eye test and as rated...though Phillips more-so just for a stretch, but he was a rookie). There's a lot of bona fide talent there, and depth. It suggests to me that the issues that should receive the focus of player resource attention are in the secondary to help alleviate the impact of our losses there. PIT got William Jackson for a song, and he's reputed to be much stronger in man-2-man, i.e. our style vs. what he was playing in Washington.

I could be wrong and really hope that I am now that the move's been made. But, I don't think it was a talent deficit at the position that has been the cause of diminished performance vs. last year. I don't think that having another quality pass rusher hurts, by any means. And if that set of fresh legs due to a deeper rotation results in wrapping up & taking down Josh Allen, it would be tough to argue it was a bad decision.

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: November 02, 2022 07:23AM

Putting pressure on the qb helps the dbs tremendously.

Date: November 02, 2022 03:42PM

No doubt...symbiotic relationship. I'm warming up to the move and genuinely hopeful it works out well. Most of Grier's moves for veteran players in recent history have worked out well, so I should probably give some well-earned benefit of any doubt.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.