Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Putting everything aside.........How did Thompson do?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Putting everything aside.........How did Thompson do?
Date: October 10, 2022 01:13PM

I know its tough.....but putting the last few weeks behind us..... How did Thompson do?

Did we lose becuase of him? Not a chance.our dedense lost that came along with Key injuries.

If Armstead, Howard,and King were playing 100% . Absolitely!

We were in the game with him until that 4th qtr melt down. Not prone to injury, healthy and young....I really liked what I saw. Needs a ton of course. But he can play.

Hope he gets a chance to develop.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Putting everything aside.........How did Thompson do?
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 10, 2022 07:12PM

It's hard to separate his performance on Sunday from the circumstance, in my opinion. We were already adjusting from Tua to Teddy, so to make the further adjustment abruptly probably put the whole offense in a relatively bad position for the game.

I'm sure the Jets knew and took advantage of the fact that he's had so little experience that it takes a bit longer for him to process and trust what he's seeing...and he hasn't developed rapport with Waddle and Hill. So, it's generally lean hard on the running game and short passes. Heck, he was probably even cautioned about using his legs much, given he was our last and only real resort at QB. So much of what Tua does in identifying the right read, moving people with his eyes and getting the ball out of his hands fast and accurately to receivers just isn't something that could be fairly expected of Skylar in his 1st game action. So, it was just very different altogether.

For me, he didn't do anything that screamed "don't bother going back to either of the two guys ahead of me" but he also didn't do anything to cause me to believe he couldn't develop into much more than what he put on tape yesterday. I'd say it's to his credit that he was thrust into about the worst case scenario and he didn't $hit the bed by any means. There seems to be a good bit more potential there, but he looked like he'd benefit from soaking more in from the sidelines than the bottom of a pile of rushers. Not a bad thing, by any means...more like the best case scenario for a young, low-round draft pick you'd like to see develop.

Date: October 12, 2022 06:39AM

Looks like this is it. Thompson will be starting sunday.

Im really rooting for this kid to suceed , be a legitmate answer for us. I believe he has untapped potenial , but only time will tell.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: October 12, 2022 09:48AM

3 and 14 here we go.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: October 14, 2022 06:25AM

Let's see how this young man does with the same practice and preparation that a starter has. The Dolphins were only going to carry 2 QB's on the roster until he came along and they saw something they liked enough to want to keep. I hope he has a solid game now that he has his shot, we need to win.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 14, 2022 08:21AM

He actually kept things pretty close in the Jest game until the missed field goal attempt. I like his cockiness and more than just a hint of the "IT" factor. I think he will do well.

Date: October 15, 2022 12:16AM

I agree. I really liked his game in the preseason. He threw in stride and made some difficult throws. He made cracra (???? spelling) look really good. You can tell he was trying to start not just make the team. Hes a bit older also , 25 I believe? He is really trying to stick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2022 12:17AM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Date: October 15, 2022 12:17AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I agree. I really liked his game in the preseason.
> He threw in stride and made some difficult throws.
> He made cracra (???? spelling) look really good.
> You can tell he was trying to start not just make
> the team. Hes a bit older also , 25 I believe? He
> is really trying to stick.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 17, 2022 06:51AM

SIGH. What luck.....He was doing well until the finger incident. This team just took a shit fast. We were able to stop a 7 game slide last year with basically the same defense and a much worse offense.

Its really in McDanials hands now. The OLINE AGAIN. Whats it going to TAKE!!!?

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2022 02:27PM by TreasurecoastPhinsfan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.