HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Thursday Night: Dolphins v. Bengals Game Night Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Thursday Night: Dolphins v. Bengals Game Night Thread
Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 29, 2022 12:57PM

Game day came quick this time. A team of Dolphins (whoever will actually play) take on the Bengals tonight in Cincinnati. Tua is supposed to play despite injuries to his back and ankle and we can only hope that neither injury stifles his throwing accuracy and makes him immobile. The O-line must work hard to protect him and I suggest (for what that is worth) to pound the ball on the ground as much as possible. The D especially the secondary must put pressure on the Bengals' receivers and stay with them; make Burrows throw into coverage. Bottom line, I hope we have a great game and win another one!

GO DOLPHINS!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Thursday Night: Dolphins v. Bengals Game Night Thread
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 29, 2022 02:14PM

Been a long time since I have posted and/or visited this site. I see lots of familiar posters. Very excited to start believing again and this is a great start to a season. Cheers to you all and glad everyone is doing well.

BTW I looked at many older posts and don't see SamSam and TCPF going at it anymore.....what happened to Sam?smileys with beer

Here is to a great season.

Date: September 29, 2022 02:50PM

Defense has been shaky at times but this crew makes plays when we need them too. I Love OGBAH and Wilkins. Hopefully 3 days was enough to get them playing at optimum levels.

TUA. SIGH. I want to really like this kid. When he gets blockers hes deadly. But god damn hes fragile. The Dolphins need to find a Top flight back up. And it aint Teddy.

Hope he can suck it up snd give us another win before the break. smileys with beer

Welcome back Chatafkup! Like the Dolphins this place has improved. grinning smileythumbs up

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2022 02:54PM

And guess what? Becuase of Hurricane Ian my Boys are home from college in Gainsville! Ordering out and planning on a great night!!! ( after 26 hrs of hurricane shifts) We have power and are Psyched for some football!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 04:53PM

Bridgewater is doing ok. This is probably the best team he's ever played on.

Date: September 29, 2022 04:58PM

Your throwong to the best tandum in football. If Teddy didnt get it done he has no buisness being a back up.

Missed field goals, extra points, bad tackling , stupid penalties like delay of game and ineligible players downfield .......that shit needs to stop. And we are still down only 2. We can win this. Stop hurting ourselves.

Praying for TUA.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2022 06:11PM

That 75 yder Teddy threw was sweet. But only a reception becuase Hill brought it in. Teddy played better then I thought he would. Skylar has 10 days to prove he deserves to start.

Howard needs to get healthy. Its a different defense when he plays.

It was fun while it lasted.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: mizzou15 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 06:17PM

Bridgewater can run this team. I actually liked the rhythm he had the offense in. Int, miscommunication error at a bad time. More ticked w/ other areas of this team than the backup qb. This team can be good, coaches have to get the maximum potential out of it.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: September 29, 2022 06:56PM

Bummer about Tua more so than the loss. Looked like he got whipped hard to the ground backwards intentionally to me and I was surprised to not see a flag. That was dirty IMO. There's a big difference in the game with Tua out and I hope he can make a good recovery. It's funny because I knew we'd lose when he left. It would be nice if Mike could grow a pair and give Skylar a chance to compete for the #2. There's a reason Ted is no longer a starting QB and I could clearly see why. Too bad Fitz couldn't have come down from his booth, put on a uniform and thrown some bombs. If he had Waddle & Hill to throw to, holy shit. lol

Date: September 30, 2022 02:38AM

809phan.....I agree. Skylar would be a ballsy move. But we know Teddys ceiling.Lets give him a chance. I have a feeling this team will never look back.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 30, 2022 02:52AM

Bridgewater moved the offense, he had this team in a position to win.
He made throws, 10 points on the board 4 were left on the table by our kicker. I like the way the OLine received him when he came in. When Brissett would come in last year they would have this look of oh sh** here he comes. I saw more in this loss than our wins which took a lot of luck. Tackling was better in the second half, OLine looks stronger each game and all of our lbs did something positive.

This team needed this loss imo. You want a solid victory then play hard, play smart. Get these guys in the film room and study this game. Needham you are not playing the slot. McDaniel on 3rd and one call a play w/ your FB in there. You made a big deal about carrying one use him. Lots of lessons to learn here and I think this staff can get it done.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 30, 2022 03:13AM

Several of the Bengals players were overachieving in their tackling to show how tough they are. This led to the hard (and unnecessary) slam on Tua that knocked him silly. Toughness is part of the game, but slamming a guy down on the turf...that's BS. Those minutes...all of us watching were wondering...how bad is this damage? Not just because it was likely to force in Bridgewater, but how seriously injured was Tua--a person, forget the QB crap. Tua had nerve damage. This could be medically bad and put him in danger the rest of his life. I am not being dramatic guys just realistic about personal health.

While a win would have been fantastic, I thought some players looked tired and out of sync. As a team they didn't look sharp. The better team (Dolphins) lost last night. Now it's time to regroup, rest, get our heads clear and take on and beat the next opponent. In the meantime, Tua needs to recuperate ... see how things develop medically.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 30, 2022 03:47AM

Posted by: Rgphin ()
Date: September 30, 2022 04:15AM

do they have a strong qb class in 2023 draft?

Hope the 9ers dont win another game.

Date: September 30, 2022 11:34AM

TUA is done Colonel. Not as a fan , as a fellow human being , as a father , I hope he never plays again. Next time he wont get up. sad smiley

Coaches need to work on discipline. So many unnecessary penalties. Delay of game , men down the field , too many players on the field.

We beat ourselves despite losing TUA. We have great players. Start using them.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 30, 2022 01:28PM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> TUA is done Colonel. Not as a fan , as a fellow
> human being , as a father , I hope he never plays
> again. Next time he wont get up. sad smiley
>
> Coaches need to work on discipline. So many
> unnecessary penalties. Delay of game , men down
> the field , too many players on the field.
>
> We beat ourselves despite losing TUA. We have
> great players. Start using them.

I think Tua's career in the NFL will be short lived. I love the guy, he's a class act and he has the talent, but he took a beating before he even got here. Very unfortunate. I think Grier f'd up big time.

Date: October 01, 2022 05:39AM

I completely agree 808. TUA is very undersized and got his ass handed to him in college a few times. But at this level his body just canot compete.

He had an amazing game against the PATs.But if he continues to play He will end up like Chris Reeves.These 300+ pound pros dont play.

McDaniels knows offense and QBs. He must be seeing something in Skyler Thompson we cant see becuase Teddy is our starting QB for the immeadiate future.moody smileymoody smiley

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 01, 2022 08:23AM

TreasurecoastPhinsfan Wrote:
> I completely agree 808. TUA is very undersized and
> got his ass handed to him in college a few times.
> But at this level his body just canot compete.
>
> He had an amazing game against the PATs.But if he
> continues to play He will end up like Chris
> Reeves.These 300+ pound pros dont play.
>
> McDaniels knows offense and QBs. He must be seeing
> something in Skyler Thompson we cant see becuase
> Teddy is our starting QB for the immeadiate
> future.moody smileymoody smiley

Well at least Teddy is getting starter reps in now and won't be coming in cold off the bench. I'll give him a chance for sure. I totally agree with you about McDaniels. He seems to know what he's doing and the team loves the guy. At the end of the day, players need to play hard and work hard to improve themselves as professional athletes. That is a constant requirement in every sport.

Date: October 01, 2022 02:18PM

colonel Wrote:
> Several of the Bengals players were overachieving
> in their tackling to show how tough they are. This
> led to the hard (and unnecessary) slam on Tua that
> knocked him silly. Toughness is part of the game,
> but slamming a guy down on the turf...that's BS.
> Those minutes...all of us watching were
> wondering...how bad is this damage? Not just
> because it was likely to force in Bridgewater, but
> how seriously injured was Tua--a person, forget
> the QB crap. Tua had nerve damage. This could be
> medically bad and put him in danger the rest of
> his life. I am not being dramatic guys just
> realistic about personal health.
>
> While a win would have been fantastic, I thought
> some players looked tired and out of sync. As a
> team they didn't look sharp. The better team
> (Dolphins) lost last night. Now it's time to
> regroup, rest, get our heads clear and take on and
> beat the next opponent. In the meantime, Tua needs
> to recuperate ... see how things develop
> medically.

Tua--a person

99% of football fans (or owners, or coaches or GMs) do not see players as people anymore. Tua actually showed signs of nerve damage after he was pushed to the ground in the Bills game. Team medics wanted him to stay on the ground not because they cared but because they did not want him to exhibit those signs on national TV. I could not believe he came back in that game. McDaniel and team doctors had to know that guy was hurt but that's todays nfl unfortunately.

Cheer and complain is what fans want these days.

Date: October 01, 2022 03:16PM

I hear you Mizzou. Your correct but its been going on a long time.Jason Taylor talks about getting injections at half time to keep playing. Farve used to eat pain killers like candy. Im sure Dan Marino knew Mr. Needle well.

But TUA just cant handle the physicality.
Right before he got sacked i was wondering why he wasnt getting rid of the ball. He out before the hit.Terrible.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.