HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          TUA is hurt yet again........
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
TUA is hurt yet again........
Date: September 27, 2022 11:39AM

In his defense 3 days rest is tough on any QB. But damn. When we get on a roll.....its always something.

It is what it is I guess. If hes not ready.......I truly do not like what Ive see from Teddy . He plays like hes just going through the motions. Like hes happy being #2.

Tannehill.....hate em or not. When he joined the Titans he played to be #1 as the back up.

Skylar does as well. If Tua is not able I hope they elavate him to starting. He will at least play with some emotion. Teddy is a wet sock. Hes done as a starter.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: TUA is hurt yet again........
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: September 29, 2022 04:44AM

Looks like he's going to play in spite of back & ankle injuries. Tonight would be a great night for the OL to protect like crazy and the run game to get going. Get to our mini-bye and a chance for some of the injuries across the team to heal.

Date: September 29, 2022 10:10AM

Yes! We need the defense from hell!Go Ogbah, Wilkins!!

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: September 29, 2022 04:54PM

TUA was hurt Sunday.He shouldnt have played tonight. I like the kid.But I hope he bows out before hes in a wheelchair.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 29, 2022 05:02PM

I agree. Even if he makes a full recovery he'll still be coming back as an undersized, injury prone, fragile QB. He should consider retirement.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: September 30, 2022 03:18AM

Tua's talent doesn't matter. He is not made of stone, seems to be injury prone and somewhat fragile. Thursday night's head injury may force him to quit the game. One's health is more important than anything. That may be hard for a young athletic man to fully comprehend.

Posted by: pafinfan ()
Date: September 30, 2022 10:25AM

This might be me being petty but if Tom Brady was tackled like Tua was I really thing there would have been a flag.

Date: September 30, 2022 11:30AM

Big picture.......we need to move on from TUA. We need consistency. We wont get it with him or Bridgewater. Hes a 2nd stringer for a reason. Brett Farve and Brady were drafted low. Why wont they give Thompson a shot? What do we have to lose? We know Teddys ceiling. Unleash this kid in practice . See what happens.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Date: October 01, 2022 10:16AM

***Breaking News***
The unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant involved in clearing Dolphins TUA during Sunday's game against the Bills has been fired after it was found he made "several mistakes" in his evaluation, according to ESPN and multiple reports per Adam Schefter.........

Oh Shit. TUA Gate has begun. confused smiley

Even when we win......WE CANT WIN. From our suspended owner to the neurotrauma Dr. in the Lockeroom can we can competent people to work/run this team.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 02, 2022 08:52AM

pafinfan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This might be me being petty but if Tom Brady was
> tackled like Tua was I really thing there would
> have been a flag.

There would have been a flag, ejection, fine and suspension.

Date: October 02, 2022 10:27AM

The latest new is that Tua is out indefinitely. Coach isn't going to risk anything. Bridgewater is now the QB.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 02, 2022 01:53PM

It's past time to start thinking about life after Tua. Even if he comes back fully healed and cleared to play, how smart is it to plan on a Superbowl run with a QB that you're pretty certain, won't make it through the whole season healthy and, if he could somehow, how likely is he to make it deep into the play-offs where he'll face the cream of the crop of defenses?
Brissett looked like trash backing up Tua last season but, looks pretty decent now playing for the Browns. That's because there is an awkward transition in o-line play switching from a lefty to a righty, that will extend for several weeks, depending on the talent level of the back-up QB. Tua should never have been drafted by Miami.

Date: October 02, 2022 02:01PM

Read an interesting article on the Thompson / Bridgewater controversy. People are not happy in south Florida with How Bridgewater has performed in the preseason or the last two games after replacing TUA.

Indefinitely is a long time. And I hope TUA bows out gracefully and moves on from the sport . He's been fortunate until now to make enough money to retire and still have a good life. I don't want to see him hurt any further. Might be too late already.

Quotes from the article:

"You don’t have to look deep to see why fans would want Thompson on the field over Bridgewater. His game action this year, Bridgewater’s, has been far from impressive. He was unable to generate much yardage against the Bills in his short series and on Thursday night, looked more lost than a veteran.

Thompson on the other hand won over a lot of the Dolphins fan base with a solid performance in training camp and pre-season. So much so that many fans think he should be the number two QB on the roster.

It is easy to get wrapped up in the what-if but it is also way too premature to hand over any significant amount of playing time to a 7th-round rookie quarterback.

Teddy Bridgewater may not be all that, or at least hasn’t shown he is good enough in this offense but he is still the best option for the Dolphins to succeed while Tua is out.

Everything will come down to how Teddy Bridgewater handles stepping into the starting role for the time being. If he can do well, the Dolphins will continue with their impressive season but if he struggles, Miami might need to consider a change, just not yet."

I HATE that advice. I Like McDaniels and I believe he knows what's at stake. I also know he needs to tread lightly. If he goes to Thompson he cant take it back. Hes stuck with him. Thompson HAS to win or he's going to be held liable. Its a tough spot, I get it.

But great coaches make tough decisions. Belichick was a first or second yr coach with the Pats when he made Brady the starter. a 6th round nobody. Being too careful is going to cost us another game or two . Basically Teddys got to stink up the joint in order for McDaniels replace him with Thompson. I really hope this team is at least taking looks at Thompson these 10 days. I really liked what I saw from him. Who knows. He might even be the long term answer. I KNOW for a fact Teddy is not. TUA is not. Only way to attack a question mark is with facts.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: October 03, 2022 03:47AM

I have been an athletic trainer for over 30 years. Tua WAS cleared by the medical professional there including an independent neurologist at halftime of the Sunday game. Now, that does not mean he didn't lie that he maybe had a headache or felt dizzy. Medical professionals can only do so much.

Now the injury that happened Thursday night, could have happened to anyone. He was slammed into the ground. We all could see the outward signs of a concussion.

I had an athlete the same night get a concussion, told me he could not focus and had a headache but still wanted to play. I took his helmet away from him and he didn't play the rest of the game and has to clear the concussion protocols to return. Which is five days of supervised activity AFTER all symptoms are over.

I feel bad for Tua, he is a fragile athlete. There are different helmets he can wear, but his is constantly injured. I hope he recovers soon.

Date: October 03, 2022 10:02AM

Looking at Tua's injury track record (college and now) one can easily see that he is susceptible to injury. Some people, not based on sheer size or bone structure, can endure more physical punishment than others of the same size, weight and athletic level. We see that Tua can't "take many punches," so to speak, and is likely, IMO, to get hurt again should he return to play this season. The tough guys out there will swarm to him like sharks going after a bleeding fish to knock him silly again.

Tua needs to call it quits before he sustains permanent injury that will change his life forever.

Posted by: astro34 ()
Date: October 04, 2022 02:38AM

Jason whitlock did a piece on Tua the other day. He told the truth. Tua is fragile, has always been fragile. And all the announcers without medical degrees need to stop saying what was or was not done. Hope he gets better soon. If he ever plays again is another story.

The other part of this is he is signed thru next year.... if he does play do we even think of giving him an extension?

Date: October 04, 2022 04:46AM

Great question.

NO. If TUA has a death wish let another team deal with it. TUA was drafted hurt. That should speak volumes. TUA had many questions around him and I believe most have been answered. I dont think any coach should put him in the position to permantly injure himself or worse.

It was a failed experiment. Lets move on. We have a great team. We still have the 49ers 1st rounder. They are playing horrible. We could have a top 10 pick again. OR lets see what Thompson has with 1st stringers. His roll outs and throws were killer with recievers no longer on the team. Let him throw to waddle and Hill.

Remember that sayin....you got questions, we have answers? Well we have questions on Skylar. We kmow what Teddy is.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.